*****Official “we want our land back” lol vs Rangers match thread*****

13 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

When Old Firm results don't even bother you, you're in trouble. 

What we've become is incredibly sad. 

We have zero personality. From top down. Nobody on the park inspires any sort of leadership or confidence. There is no way Souness, Gerrard, Gough, McCoist, Smith, Jimmy Bell, Ian or Barry Ferguson, Albertz, Robertson, Numan, Hateley etc would have been so silent during that. Standards. Leadership. Nobody seems to get this fixture within our club any more. They just seem to sit back and accept it. Any historic side would have had Maeda and McGregor hit within the first 2-3 minutes so they knew they were in a battle. It was men against boys out there. 

Just now, Redmond7 said:

As much as Clement just seems totally clueless, we have absolutely no leadership on the park and havent had for years. Its one of the first things any new manager worth his salt needs to address, you need leaders on and off the park or youre fucked.

Propper, Souttar, Lawrence off the top of my head are all captains of their previous clubs.

It’s lack of quality that’s the issue, fuck all to do with being a leader or not.

7 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Btw everyone desperate to lay into Tav like usual, who was also shite and lethargic yes, but Propper, Butland and Cerny were by far the worst players today, dreadful.

Not saying much though as nobody gets pass marks today, all shite

They were all different grades of shit with some being absolute diarrhea.

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Propper, Souttar, Lawrence off the top of my head are all captains of their previous clubs.

It’s lack of quality that’s the issue, fuck all to do with being a leader or not.

Its both I'd say, you need to be able command respect, show commitment and lead, as well as actually have the skill and talent to do it. We just dont have that, leaderless on and off the park in all areas. 

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

The problem is, to be a leader you need to be good.

No one's listening to you if you're shit and all our senior players are.

9 minutes ago, Zappa6995 said:

We conceded a goal that was offside and instead of saying "thank fuck" they retreated into Thier shell and never came back out

Yep we started brightly and you could see the panic set in with the offside goal. Doesn't help when your captain can't be arsed to mark his man at the back post or your goalkeeper leaves three quarters of his goal for them to shoot at.

Just now, Bristoe1872 said:

Far worse. I'm the early 80's we were still giving them a game and beating them in cup finals. This is as big a gulf as I've ever seen in over 50 years of watching Rangers. 

Aye we were never near winning leagues then but the team could still compete in one off games against them. Nowadays we are beat before we start.

Just now, Redmond7 said:

Its both I'd say, you need to be able command respect, show commitment and lead, as well as actually have the skill and talent to do it. We just dont have that, leaderless on and off the park in all areas. 

Well we have leaders is what I’m saying and don’t think there’s much of an argument against that - we just don’t have good enough players and a manager that can get the absolute maximum out of what he has.

1 minute ago, Bristoe1872 said:

Far worse. In the early 80's we were still giving them a game and beating them in cup finals. This is as big a gulf as I've ever seen in over 50 years of watching Rangers. 

In the 80's we still had decent players and still won things, we also had the fluke of having the sheep and dundee whatever teams actually being really good, they won things in Europe too. Nowadays we're just utter shite, there isnt a single player in the squad who would get anywhere near any of the 80's teams.

1 minute ago, theclothmonster said:

Yep we started brightly and you could see the panic set in with the offside goal. Doesn't help when your captain can't be arsed to mark his man at the back post or your goalkeeper leaves three quarters of his goal for them to shoot at.

They should have scored about another 3 at the back post with him sleeping multiple times.

Should have been taken off at half time and replaced with Raskin or Kasanwirjo with Sterling going to RB.

Just now, J-Maestro said:

They should have scored about another 3 at the back post with him sleeping multiple times.

Should have been taken off at half time and replaced with Raskin or Kasanwirjo with Sterling going to RB.

Agree, anyone else would have been hooked at halftime

3 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Aberdeen are completely irrelevant ffs. 

how? its the Manger were talking about, eyes will be on him if we fall 8 points behind?  no Rangers manager would survive that or be talked about.  we ddint lay a glove on them today. its not even competitive ffs. whos that on? players or manager? 

its the hope that kills you, weve had a hard start to season with Hearts and them away. i just hope we turn a corner. and as i saud if we fall further behind Aberdeen, thats unacceptable and it wont end well for Clement.