Board Issues

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. '

That quote should tell us everything.  Top up loans from directors won’t win the league. Unfortunately we need a significant injection of cash quickly to challenge our rivals. Waiting one or two seasons for player trading to generate a profit isn’t the way forward.

Biggest annoyance is battering on about a plan without actually giving even a slight hint of what the plan is.

Utter nonsense. The only good thing is that Gilligan actually does have the club at heart, so we might make a competent decision at CEO for once

11 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

In your opinion what's wrong with it? 

I won’t go back to edit it but I should have typed ‘bit of’ a car crash in that it wasn’t all poor/anything particularly unexpected so what I posted was too strong.

He’s not a great communicator, but I get he’s been landed with the position temporarily and doesn’t want it longer term.

Didn’t particularly like what he’d said about the CEO candidate turning us down so effectively we’ll pick things back up with the candidates we had ruled out.

Got better towards the end with comments on Clement and pragmatism about separating the emotion of being a fan and reality of running a business.

Just now, Prso's headband said:

Biggest annoyance is battering on about a plan without actually giving even a slight hint of what the plan is.

Utter nonsense. The only good thing is that Gilligan actually does have the club at heart, so we might make a competent decision at CEO for once

For all the failings, I’m positive they all genuinely have the club at heart. It doesn’t particularly help.

9 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

yup.

8 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Still no accountability or holding the hands up as to why we're in the mess that we're in, no fresh investment either just the usual whip round. 

Club's in some fucking mess. 

He's not been on the board for over 7 years, he's not going to put his hands up on behalf of anybody else.

6 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Still no accountability or holding the hands up as to why we're in the mess that we're in, no fresh investment either just the usual whip round. 

Club's in some fucking mess. 

Probably the reason why they put him front and centre as he wasn't part of the incompetence for the past few years.

27 minutes ago, Trialist said:

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. '

That quote should tell us everything.  Top up loans from directors won’t win the league. Unfortunately we need a significant injection of cash quickly to challenge our rivals. Waiting one or two seasons for player trading to generate a profit isn’t the way forward.

It's the only way forward.

11 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

It's the only way forward.

I actually agree for the long term. ( perhaps a bad choice of phrase ) but for results in the here and now , and for a quicker solution it will not bring significant revenue in the short term…I do not believe.

3 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

I fear we need major fresh investment, not the usual suspects having a whip round 

The usual suspects have been covering losses of around 10M a season and sometimes more for the last 6-7 years or more.

We need to learn to live within our means and at the same time appoint competent people to a number of key positions including in the boardroom.

12 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Hiring a recruiter to find someone to be a CEO of Rangers. FFS! Cunts should be banging down the door to be at us. 🤷‍♂️

It’s typical for most higher profile roles.

Aren't exactly going to post it on S1jobs.com

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Quite happy to lark back to 2015 and tell us all how bad a shape we were in back then, the old "remember where we came from" routine. 

Says a plan is in place but no mention of what it actually is either. 

Sounds like I'm having a go at him which obviously isn't fair but there's a lot of stuff being said in that press conference which holds no weight whatsoever, all a bit meaningless imo. 

He was asked about 2015 and no interim board member who made it clear he doesn't want the position long term is going to divulge that sort of information.

We're at the stage now where people are picking up on absolutely every comment from the board, manager and players and over analysing it and having a go. I just don't get it. That's more of a general point,not aimed just at you.

15 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Hiring a recruiter to find someone to be a CEO of Rangers. FFS! Cunts should be banging down the door to be at us. 🤷‍♂️

You’ve got to wonder why eh. The last one was meant to be the golden boy but first chance he got he was offski. 

6 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Shoots down Dave King

Says investment is coming

Backs Clement

Still interviewing CEO candidates

Shoots Dave King for not having or sharing his plan to generate investment, whilst not offering a plan from his side.

So in summary, we have no plan.