*****The Official Rangers v Lyon Match Thread*****

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

It's really not, head in the sand from you.

Lol. 

Pick me a player from the season before Gerrard that’s better than what we have currently. 

Honestly, I get people think it’s sugar or shite. But you’re talking about a side with Declan John, Josh Windass, Russell Martin, Myles Beerman, Wes in goal etc. 

But aye, you double down

Just now, Loyal72 said:

Want to come back to reality? 

We're fucking third in the league man, offering up shite performances in Europe with absolutely no spine or swagger about us.

Get a grip.

Some people continue pretending this will get better.  It’s going to get a lot worse before that I fear. 

We're going to be inconsistent.

We have a number of inexperienced younger players, and a few who have had their day. The margins at this level are so fine in terms of taking chances, and we know what we're getting with Dessers up top, that he'll miss more than he'll score. 

I'm not going to make excuses, but people can't seriously look at the players Lyon have, the experience at this level that they have, and the experience others in the Europa League have, and think we'll compete every time against them. 

The effort has been there, some of the players inexperience has shown, as has their lack of quality. If Dessers scores early, it could be a different game.