* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

dummiesoot

Ideal scenario is that they get hammered by 5 or 6 in three or four of the games, end the group bottom with no points, pick up a string of injuries, and drop points in the league after each of their 'big European nights'.  Their morale goes through the floor, their 'fans' stay away and we build up a healthy lead in the league.  What price this outcome?

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Trooblue said:

Ideal scenario is that they get hammered by 5 or 6 in three or four of the games, end the group bottom with no points, pick up a string of injuries, and drop points in the league after each of their 'big European nights'.  Their morale goes through the floor, their 'fans' stay away and we build up a healthy lead in the league.  What price this outcome?

They usually do suffer that hangover long may it continue.

1 hour ago, james_85 said:

That draw might have done us a favour, they are guaranteed bottom on that group so why would they want to spend the champions league money just for the the league 

Was thinking this myself, why spend cash when you have no hope, we will see.

Should be cannon fodder in that group.  

Don't know if it has changed but the money made used to be dependent (to some extent) on points gained. Think they'll be lucky to get a couple of points so that should hopefully limit their take.

2 hours ago, superallysbears said:

Well lets hope city tell them that if roberts plays then city will not be doing anymore business with scum fc.

Pep isn't really the kind of guy who wants special friends, he's so immersed in his own world and his own team he couldn't really give a fuck what happens outside of it

Not still going on about this.

Who gives a fuck about whether Roberts will play or not, does anyone think he'll make a difference against City :lol:

I hope he does play, I hope all their better players play, more chance of an injury, my only team is Rangers, so anything that has the potential to help us is fine with me.

A Tim-supporting mate (sorry - aquaintance) was telling me this evening that tink-immigrant-benefit-sponging fc are going to make 152 gazillion pounds out of their CL qualification.  I've only seen a table that says 12 million euros are awarded for group qualification. Assuming they make 5-6 million for gate receipts for their 3 home games...making £15 mill - am I missing something??

48 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

The way to stop Roberts is to just smash right in to him early on, take a booking for it, but he'll want off the pitch crying like the Astana game

Show Roberts onto his left foot and he's useless, same with Griffiths.

5 minutes ago, Bear Ass said:

A Tim-supporting mate (sorry - aquaintance) was telling me this evening that tink-immigrant-benefit-sponging fc are going to make 152 gazillion pounds out of their CL qualification.  I've only seen a table that says 12 million euros are awarded for group qualification. Assuming they make 5-6 million for gate receipts for their 3 home games...making £15 mill - am I missing something??

Aye once they top the group unbeaten they get £10mill on top ae that

5 minutes ago, Bear Ass said:

TV money as well.

It will probably be about £20 million they bring in from the group stages. Plus should they manage to get a win in the groups each win is worth approximately £1 million and a draw about £350k. Hopefully they end up on 0 points though

50 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Pep isn't really the kind of guy who wants special friends, he's so immersed in his own world and his own team he couldn't really give a fuck what happens outside of it

If he's immersed in his world and his team like you say then surely he will cover all the angels, roberts could be the difference in his team taking a point or three or even losing, wouldn't be the first time a player came back to haunt his parent club, if peps as good a manger as people think then why wouldn't he want to weaken the opposition, in my opinion he would not be doing a proper job if he doesn't care if roberts plays.

1 hour ago, ThatNightInFlorence said:

TV money as well.

It will probably be about £20 million they bring in from the group stages. Plus should they manage to get a win in the groups each win is worth approximately £1 million and a draw about £350k. Hopefully they end up on 0 points though

Im pretty sure I read somewhere that some groups get more tv money than others? Depending on who is in it? If so..then their group will get loads.

Archived