* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

dummiesoot

5 hours ago, 72barca said:

...during Stranraer v Celtic.

FIVE football supporters were arrested by cops investigating sectarian chanting and use of smoke bombs during Celtic’s Scottish Cup tie at Stranraer.

A post-match probe was launched after smoke bombs and fire crackers were let off inside the tiny Stair Park ground last month.

Police Scotland said they "investigated outbreaks of sectarian singing and chanting which took place" and five more people have been arrested.

Four people - aged between 23 and 44 - were arrested at the match.

Superintendent Steven Lowther, Match Commander, said: "The behaviour of a minority on the day was unacceptable.

"What was supposed to be an enjoyable event for all was tarnished by a group of individuals who were intent on singing sectarian songs as well as letting off smoke bombs and pyrotechnics within the crowd.

"It is evident that those involved had no concerns for either the safety of others or how their behaviour spoiled what should otherwise have been an event where the post-match discussion should have centred on football and not their antics.

"We have worked with partners and both clubs to identify those involved and as a result five more arrests have been made."

The Evening Times previously reported how Celtic's biggest supporters' groups have united in condemnation of yobs who continue to take banned pyrotechnics to games.

The Celtic Supporters' Association, the Affiliation of Registered Celtic Supporters' Clubs and the Association of Irish Celtic Supporters' Clubs, groups the club says represent tens of thousands of fans, have demanded the actions of a few had to stop.

Joe O' Rourke, General Secretary of the Celtic Supporters' Association, said: "The dangers to our own supporters alone make it unacceptable.

"We have many travelling supporters who suffer from respiratory problems, a lot of which were caused by many years working in shipyards and down mines. They deserve to be respected. "As this is an SFA authority tournament we will probably face a fine or sanctions of some form as well.

"A fantastic reputation built up over many years is being torn down by a small minority of our fans.

"I really don't know who is using the pyrotechnics but I'm asking, for the benefit of our own fans, to please stop."

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/1...raer_v_Celtic/

Deflection yet again "minority of fans" "pyrotechnics" but no mention of sectarian chanting............ffs i take it then they condone that but condem the pyro shit.

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This one is a belter....bloody hell!

http://thecelticblog.com/2016/02/blogs/sevcos-penalty-count-begs-the-question-is-this-another-year-of-honest-mistakes

Sevco’s Penalty Count Begs The Question: Is This Another Year Of Honest Mistakes?

Today I was sent some stats which were a real eye opener.

They were on the number of penalty kicks awarded to Sevco this season, in comparison to other clubs. 

Before I get started, I want to say that this constant stuff about decisions “evening themselves out” has been proven to be cobblers time and time again in Scotland.

Clubs might get the odd bad decision given for, or against, them but the idea that this achieves some kind of equilibrium is just nonsense, and most people realise this.

Some clubs get more decisions than others; it’s a universal fact of football and everyone knows it.

Here in Scotland, we know who gets the most and it always seems to happen at the toughest moment of pressure, and the greatest time of need.

Who can forget the nine in a row year, where the Honest Mistakes quota went through the roof?

Who doesn’t remember the just-as-notorious Year of The Honest Mistakes, when everything that could fall to Rangers did, including the incredible spectacle of Paul Lambert conceding a penalty, taken as he was still lying on a stretcher, at Ibrox, for the “crime” of using his jaw to break a Rangers player’s knee?

When the club was not automatically promoted last year a lot of us feared we would see rash of baffling decisions go their way and the more you watch them this season the clearer it becomes that we were on to something, that we were right.

Sevco has been awarded 12 penalty kicks on league duty this season already, and more in the cups, including the other night at Kilmarnock. That number is especially troubling when you consider that, in the Championship, this is more than the next four teamss combined.

It’s more spot kicks, by far, than any other club in the country.

The SPL penalty league is topped by Hearts, with seven.

Celtic have been awarded five.

The two combined equals that which Sevco has had.

People will say that it’s because they are an attacking team and spend more time in the penalty area than other sides. Hibs, who are some people’s tip for team of the year and who’s manager is on everyone’s manager of the year shortlist, have had three penalties … nine behind the club from Ibrox.

Do they not attack? Don’t Celtic?

These numbers are damning. What’s being done to make sure this is all legit? 

Their ref against Kilmarnock on Wednesday was “Brother” Bobby Madden, rumoured to have a season ticket at Ibrox. Does he really? Who knows, but why in Hell didn’t we, years ago, adopt the measures from England wherein all refs had to declare an “allegiance” before the season starts? 

Several bosses have complained about inexplicable decisions going against them whilst playing Sevco, but it all gets lost over the weeks and the hacks can point to the occasional bad one against them as proof it this “evening out” crap.

But it doesn’t stack up. 

I said here, in the context of the Deila argument, that stats can be made to prove anything and I stand by that and tend to distrust them, but these are pretty much unspinnable and difficult to question.

Something is clearly not right with these numbers, and with Sevco’s need as great as it ever was that suggests more than just a minor statistical blip.

This is something people were expecting.

I am going to keep a very close eye on this from now until season’s end.

Some of the comments...bejesus :D

5 minutes ago, Alendrin said:

http://thecelticblog.com/2016/02/blogs/sevcos-penalty-count-begs-the-question-is-this-another-year-of-honest-mistakes

Sevco’s Penalty Count Begs The Question: Is This Another Year Of Honest Mistakes?

They were on the number of penalty kicks awarded to Sevco this season, in comparison to other clubs. 

Before I get started, I want to say that this constant stuff about decisions “evening themselves out” has been proven to be cobblers time and time again in Scotland.

Clubs might get the odd bad decision given for, or against, them but the idea that this achieves some kind of equilibrium is just nonsense, and most people realise this.

Some clubs get more decisions than others; it’s a universal fact of football and everyone knows it.

Here in Scotland, we know who gets the most and it always seems to happen at the toughest moment of pressure, and the greatest time of need.

Who can forget the nine in a row year, where the Honest Mistakes quota went through the roof?

Who doesn’t remember the just-as-notorious Year of The Honest Mistakes, when everything that could fall to Rangers did, including the incredible spectacle of Paul Lambert conceding a penalty, taken as he was still lying on a stretcher, at Ibrox, for the “crime” of using his jaw to break a Rangers player’s knee?

When the club was not automatically promoted last year a lot of us feared we would see rash of baffling decisions go their way and the more you watch them this season the clearer it becomes that we were on to something, that we were right.

Sevco has been awarded 12 penalty kicks on league duty this season already, and more in the cups, including the other night at Kilmarnock. That number is especially troubling when you consider that, in the Championship, this is more than the next four teamss combined.

People will say that it’s because they are an attacking team and spend more time in the penalty area than other sides. Hibs, who are some people’s tip for team of the year and who’s manager is on everyone’s manager of the year shortlist, have had three penalties … nine behind the club from Ibrox.

Their ref against Kilmarnock on Wednesday was “Brother” Bobby Madden, rumoured to have a season ticket at Ibrox. Does he really? Who knows, but why in Hell didn’t we, years ago, adopt the measures from England wherein all refs had to declare an “allegiance” before the season starts? 

Several bosses have complained about inexplicable decisions going against them whilst playing Sevco, but it all gets lost over the weeks and the hacks can point to the occasional bad one against them as proof it this “evening out” crap.

But it doesn’t stack up. 

I said here, in the context of the Deila argument, that stats can be made to prove anything and I stand by that and tend to distrust them, but these are pretty much unspinnable and difficult to question.

Something is clearly not right with these numbers, and with Sevco’s need as great as it ever was that suggests more than just a minor statistical blip.

Who is Sevco? 

5 minutes ago, Alendrin said:

But it doesn’t stack up. 

The cunts heid  will explode if he sees how many we should of had....1f0d818d36c136b9aac7949d13478495.gif.fc3

This one's a right roaster , saying that only caught one outta about twenty five ffs , got away with it too , unreal 

A teenager who dressed as an elf and sang sectarian songs has been banned from going to Celtic matches until he gets the results of his Higher exams.

The 17-year-old was found guilty of bigotry after a court heard he stood out in a crowd because he was wearing the costume, which included a Santa hat, in May.

He and around 25 other supporters left McDiarmid Park in Perth during the first half of a Friday night match between St Johnstone and Celtic and stood singing songs outside the stadium.

Police filmed the group and the teenager could clearly be heard singing "We will never be mastered by no Orange b*******s."

After finding the Greenock pupil guilty, Sheriff William Wood noted he already had three Highers and was studying for two more this term.

Sheriff Wood deferred sentence until August and told the teenager he would not be allowed to watch Celtic again until after he knew his results.

The sheriff said: "One of the things you have got to realise is that you stand here on the threshold of the rest of your life is that your actions have consequences.

"You must know the singing of sectarian songs is not something society will tolerate in Scotland. Once upon a time nothing was done but it is now a changed scenario and you and your associates have to understand that.

"You seem to be a young man who has more than half a brain, with three Highers already and two more in prospect. You are a young man with prospects and I don't want those prospects to be lost because you are going to behave in a delinquent way at football matches."

Perth Sheriff Court was told the S6 pupil, who wants to become an engineer, was a Celtic season ticket holder and that his £400 seat had been empty all season.

He was found guilty by Sheriff Wood of behaviour likely to incite public disorder by shouting sectarian remarks while he was at McDiarmid Park in May 2015.

Rhat bastard 

19 minutes ago, Alendrin said:

But it doesn’t stack up. 

Didn't celtic set a new record a few years ago with most penalties awarded in a single season? not sure how much they got but can mind it being mentioned somewhere that Man City did have the record of 17?, and they beat it.

What they don't mention about the penalties is that before our first penalty this year, we'd gone nearly a year without getting one. But then, this isn't about taking a fair perspective, it's more about being absolutely aff his nut..

Crazy fools.

8 minutes ago, Inigo said:

What they don't mention about the penalties is that before our first penalty this year, we'd gone nearly a year without getting one. But then, this isn't about taking a fair perspective, it's more about being absolutely aff his nut..

Crazy fools.

Dont be silly that is fact they dont do facts :541:

39 minutes ago, EcosseBear said:

Let me see here dhim logic at its finest!...why put us in the bottom league in the first place ya fuckin thicko?

"The more you watch them"...

maxresdefault.jpg

The comments about Albertz that he some how intentionally smashed lamberts face...mind boggling!, if Albertz given the 0000.2 secs he had to react after been taken out managed to some how direct his knee into lamberts face then he is way more talented than i had already given him credit for :pipe:

39 minutes ago, bluenosebrad said:

Had to laugh at one of the Dhims saying they beat Hamilton 8-1 none them was a pen why is that, Hmmm well it maybe because your team never won one lol they really are not so bright.

Yeah the one voice of reason in the comments, trying to explain to the morons why we've had more penalties and gets hit with that reply.1324325484_3d6a7116b8.jpg

1 hour ago, Alendrin said:

2 hours ago, Alendrin said:

incredible spectacle of Paul Lambert conceding a penalty, taken as he was still lying on a stretcher, at Ibrox, for the “crime” of using his jaw to break a Rangers player’s knee?

Aye that penalty award was hilarious, If we'd only had HD back then eh.

1 hour ago, mclovin9091 said:

Aye that penalty award was hilarious, If we'd only had HD back then eh.

If my memory serves me correctly lambert was already on a yellow card and should have has a second for that challenge and been sent off, the tim doctors couldn't get him off quick enough and through a sub on before the ref had time to realise 

these cunts are nutters 

14 minutes ago, wearethepeople1 said:

If my memory serves me correctly lambert was already on a yellow card and should have has a second for that challenge and been sent off, the tim doctors couldn't get him off quick enough and through a sub on before the ref had time to realise 

these cunts are nutters 

Ye sure it wasny a dentist that took him off :lol:

Archived