Ibroxblue

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

absoluley floored by this news, i really cant believe it,

i've always had a soft spot for motherwell coming from wishaw, and have watched PO play numerous times,

35 years of age, 4 children and a wife left behind, such a waste of life,

RIP Phil and my thoughts are with your family at this very difficult time,

a very sad day for our game

Shocking news, my thoughts go to his family....not that there is ever a good time for this to happen but i feel its even more poignant given its happened at this time of year.

RIP Phil :(

my mate texted me saying he was listening to the phone in before it was announced, and 'before the guy could finish saying his condolences, jim traynor cut him off so he didnt ruin the news story to follow'

i was listening to that aswell, found it strange how traynor cut him off.

barry ferguson has paid tribute to o donnell on the gers website (tu)

(tu)

Ferguson Leads O'Donnell Tributes

RANGERS captain Barry Ferguson has paid tribute to Motherwell skipper Phil O'Donnell, who died earlier this evening.

The 35-year-old midfielder collapsed near the end of Motherwell's 5-3 victory over Dundee Utd at Fir Park today and sadly never regained consciousness.

Ferguson said: "Everyone at Rangers Football Club was shocked to hear of Phil's death. It is a tragedy that puts football into perspective.

"He was a Hamilton boy like me and I got to know him down the years.

"I always enjoyed playing against Phil and my thoughts are with his family and friends at this difficult time."

O'Donnell, who also played for Celtic and Sheffield Wednesday before returning to Fir Park for a second spell, featured against the Light Blues at Ibrox on Boxing Day.

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1202045,00.html

Nice to see the Club Captain say a few words.

Just saw this on the bbc site when I walked in. Really can't believe it, as I just lost a close friend of mine on Boxing Day in the same manner - collapsed of heart attack and died, leaving a wife and two young sons behind. This is almost surreal - my heart goes out to all his family and friends. :(