Motherwell Captain Dies

Ibroxblue

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

John Brogan (the Hamilton striker mentioned in Bazza's book) phoned earlier to tell me and ma dad that he had passed away. I think he was quite close to the O'Donnell family. It's a real shame as he has left behind his wife and 4 kids and was only 35, thats far too young 2 go!!!

On another matter if our away support cant observe a minute's silence for a decent pro on the 2nd at Parkhead I'll be disgusted but I'm sure when it comes to general decency then sense will prevail and morons will abait to respec O'Donnell's legacy!!! RIP

Our away fans are fantastic and will always impeccably observe a minutes silence.

RIP Phil. You will be sorely missed by Scottish Football, Condolences to everyone who knew him and especially to his wife and 4 children. Really puts football into perspective. More important than life and death my @rse.

John Brogan (the Hamilton striker mentioned in Bazza's book) phoned earlier to tell me and ma dad that he had passed away. I think he was quite close to the O'Donnell family. It's a real shame as he has left behind his wife and 4 kids and was only 35, thats far too young 2 go!!!

On another matter if our away support cant observe a minute's silence for a decent pro on the 2nd at Parkhead I'll be disgusted but I'm sure when it comes to general decency then sense will prevail and morons will abait to respec O'Donnell's legacy!!! RIP

Our away fans are fantastic and will always impeccably observe a minutes silence.

RIP Phil. You will be sorely missed by Scottish Football, Condolences to everyone who knew him and especially to his wife and 4 children. Really puts football into perspective. More important than life and death my @rse.

M8 im an away fan, I go 2 a fair chunk of the away games so I know we are defo not all fantastic although the core element are tremendous. I just mean I hope the moronic minority element to our away support dont further sour our club's name!

M8 im an away fan, I go 2 a fair chunk of the away games so I know we are defo not all fantastic although the core element are tremendous. I just mean I hope the moronic minority element to our away support dont further sour our club's name!

I go to every away game, but that is irrelevent. From experience whenever there has been a minutes silence at an away game the Rangers support has impeccably observed it. Even the more intoxicated fans among us know when to shut up. It is not OUR support that needs to be warned.

But this is going off-topic and i will leave it at that. This thread is about a terrible tragedy and i don't want to move away from that. :beer2:

Wow, I just heard the tragic news. Today I went from Euphoria of a great performance and win to the tragic passing of a young footballer. This is so terribly sad, my heartfelt condolences to all affected by this terrible tragedy

Such a sad thing to happen. My condolences to his family. They must be in great shock.

It is similar to D Cooper - another tragedy of the highest order. So hard to take in.

RIP Phillip.

Makes you see things in true perspective. Football is just a game. Life is much harder.

When Coop was taken from us we were overwhemed by support /respect from the rivals , lets give some back . At this time of year we remember absent friends ,sadly we remember another . Phil O Donnel RIP

Well said

Rest in peace fella

him and simon donnely were the 2 celtic players that i always remembered playing against us when i first got into football..

Couldnt beieve it when my mate told me.

Such a tragedy :(

Felt sorry for David Clarkson n all, thoughts are with the family

R.I.P

Just a thought - do we have the facilities on the board for us all to contribute towards a wreath or some other form of tribute?

Too young to die but he died doing the thing he loved which is probably the best way to go

Dunno about that, he had a wife and kids who would probably mean a lot more than a game of football

I didn't mean anything bad. I meant that he was doing the thing that he loved doing

I would have taken it to mean that he died supporting his family, and so his death wasn't in vain.

I've often wondered if footballers who are plagued by injuries throughout their careers should perhaps listen to what their bodies are telling them and quit. I understand there is going to be an autopsy and that may lead to a discovery that could help all footballers to stay healthy in the future

RIP