Alan Hutton Transfer Situation

Ace

A lot of credit to Hutton - turning down the chance to triple your wages - how many of us would do that ?

Also I noticed how quick the anti SDM/Smith brigade were to stick the knife based on Rumours that they were forcing Hutton out - all Pish - some people need to learn that SDM / Smith do have the CLUBS interest at heart - saying otherwise is just plain stupid.

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i hope this is correct and i see that by the comments that smith didnt want him to go, so was it bain and sdm looking to grab a quick buck?

Nah, as much as I don't agree with a lot of SDM/Bain's work, Hutton had a price; Spurs matched it and we were prepared to sell.

Hutton doesn't want to go though so the fact he's staying is good news for all.

I would expect him to leave in the summer though - most probably to Manchester Utd.

i hope this is correct and i see that by the comments that smith didnt want him to go, so was it bain and sdm looking to grab a quick buck?

Nah, as much as I don't agree with a lot of SDM/Bain's work, Hutton had a price; Spurs matched it and we were prepared to sell.

Hutton doesn't want to go though so the fact he's staying is good news for all.

I would expect him to leave in the summer though - most probably to Manchester Utd.

dont you think it shows a lack of ambition to sell one of our best players for 8 million? i mean if he was playing for spurs and on that form they would expect at least 10 for him, i think we are grasping at any money anyone will throw at us.

dont you think it shows a lack of ambition to sell one of our best players for 8 million? i mean if he was playing for spurs and on that form they would expect at least 10 for him, i think we are grasping at any money anyone will throw at us.

To a degree yes, but we're not playing in the SPL so any immediate player transfer value can often be reduced.

£8-10million for Hutton is a fair reflection of his worth to us and while I'd rather we kept our best players, it may be in our interests to move him on as long as we use the money to re-invest in the team.

Unfortunately, the debate is whether or not that would happen and if it did, to what extent and how well.

Guest therabbitt

stopped reading this thread last night when it was around 40 long - cant be ersed to read the rest but The Guardian seem to think the makeweight on offer was Wayne Routledge - they could shove him right up their hole!!

sorry if a re-post

Juande Ramos’s first significant foray in the transfer market ended in failure last night when Alan Hutton turned down a move to Tottenham Hotspur, fuelling speculation that Manchester United could make an offer for the Rangers right back. Ramos, the Tottenham head coach, offered about £6 million and a player, possibly Wayne Routledge, for Hutton, taking the package to about £8 million.

Hutton has attracted interest from Sir Alex Ferguson, the United manager, who is seeking a long-term replacement for Gary Neville, as well as Newcastle United and several clubs on the Continent. Ferguson did not disguise his admiration recently. “He looks as though he will become a superstar once he gets that little extra bit of experience,” Ferguson said.

It would appear that Hutton is still keen on a move to the Premier League and has asked for “two to three days” to consider his future, according to John Lonergan, his agent.

Hutton, 23, made his Rangers debut five years ago and might have made the breakthrough more quickly but for the broken leg that ruled him out for eight months. He signed a five-year contract in the summer and has become the first-choice right back for Scotland since he made his debut against Austria last May.

Tottenham wanted him to help to plug the gaps in a leaky defence that has conceded 38 goals in 21 league matches this season. Hutton’s arrival would have led to the departure of Pascal Chimbonda, the France right back, who has been unsettled since Tottenham turned down a £10 million offer from Chelsea in the summer.

Ramos has said that the British transfer record will need to be broken to sign Dimitar Berbatov – a fee set by Chelsea when they signed Andriy Shevchenko for £31 million. “He will stay unless a team comes in with an offer we consider irresistible,” Ramos said. “Berbatov’s value is more than this [£31 million]. He’s a very important player, not to say irreplaceable. But everyone has a price.”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/foo...icle3129204.ece

You have to look at the last three big money moves down south

Boumsong - Newcastle (£8M)

Petrov - A Villa (£6.5M?)

Gordon - Sunderland (£9M)

These signings have hardly proven to be sound investments for players that were outstanding in our league. It wont be long before clubs down south take note of this and the days of big money offers will come to a close, so we have to be careful here.

Manchester United have slapped a £75m valuation on Cristiano Ronaldo in a bid to ward off the unwanted attentions of Spanish giants Real Madrid. (Daily Express)

United, meanwhile, could hijack Tottenham's £8m move for Rangers full-back Alan Hutton. Newcastle, along with leading clubs on the continent, are also showing interest. (Times)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/g...ers/7171010.stm

bbc gossip..

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy insists the club will be making no big signings in the January transfer window.

Levy says he has discussed possible targets with manager Juande Ramos and sporting director Damien Comolli.

"Juande, Damien and I have reviewed the squad and Juande feels that we are not looking at any major changes," he said.

"We are all clear that the January window is the worst time to buy quality players so we shall not be doing any business that is not essential."

Dunno if this was posted in this thread. Ironic isn't it?

You can easily believe chairmen of clubs.

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy insists the club will be making no big signings in the January transfer window.

Levy says he has discussed possible targets with manager Juande Ramos and sporting director Damien Comolli.

"Juande, Damien and I have reviewed the squad and Juande feels that we are not looking at any major changes," he said.

"We are all clear that the January window is the worst time to buy quality players so we shall not be doing any business that is not essential."

Dunno if this was posted in this thread. Ironic isn't it?

You can easily believe chairmen of clubs.

I dont think 8mil is a big move for them. especially considerign the amount of money that they get in ftom their new deal