Alan Hutton Transfer Situation

Ace

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

According to tomorrows Herald the bid is £8.5m plus add-ons and he is holding out for Man Utd (tu)

Alan Hutton is stalling on an £8.5m move to Tottenham Hotspur in the hope that Manchester United will make a rival bid for his services. The London club last night agreed a deal with Rangers for the Scotland full back, who has asked for a few days to think over the transfer.

A fee of that ilk would considerably strengthen Walter Smith's hand in the transfer market this month. Rangers have, though, distanced themselves from reports emanating from England linking them with Portsmouth's Matthew Taylor.

Newcastle United are also keen on Hutton but, with uncertainty surrounding the future of Sam Allardyce, a switch to St James' Park would appear the 23-year-old's least-preferred option.

Hutton has been one of the most consistent performers for both club and country this season and looks certain to capitalise on his rising stock with a lucrative move south. Spurs, wary of interest from other Premier League clubs have moved first in an attempt to gain an advantage on their rivals.

advertisementJuande Ramos, the Tottenham head coach, is desperate to bolster his defence after watching his side concede from two set-pieces in a 2-1 defeat to Aston Villa on New Year's Day.

Neither Tottenham nor Rangers were willing to comment on the prospective transfer last night although a source confirmed that the English side had tabled an offer - of around £8.5m plus unspecified add-ons.

Hutton, though, is believed to favour a move to Old Trafford and is prepared to wait in the hope that Sir Alex Ferguson follows up his early interest with a concrete offer.

Ferguson's brother, Martin, has scouted Hutton's progress and the right-back has been mooted as a long-term replacement for Gary Neville. Given the close relationship between Ferguson and Walter Smith, any United counter-offer could be facilitated quickly.

Rangers are keen to conclude business in enough time to allow Smith to pursue his January targets

I hope Man U make a bid. I'd hate to see him go to Spurs. Would love it if they did and he rejected both. Man U have a talented RB named Danny Simpson who is 20. SAF rates him so highly that he gave him a contract until 2012.

I agree with Boab and Muff.

That reminded me of the other time where you were faster than me by a nose.

Mind you, I just save you agreeing with me big yin ;)

Ach ye know you agree with me boab.

You know it makes sense :D

Not always it doesn't......

I agree with Boab and Muff.

That reminded me of the other time where you were faster than me by a nose.

Mind you, I just save you agreeing with me big yin ;)

Ach ye know you agree with me boab.

You know it makes sense :D

Not always it doesn't......

You're both saveable.

This is a man who knows what its all about and rejecting a team that will get no where in England, Champs league every year with the gers along with trophies he knows what its all about however management must not drive this player out of the club for moneys sake!!

The other thing is, (this may have been mentioned along the way somewhere) is that Hutton is cup tied for any team in the champions league isnt he? So, Only an EPL team in the uefa would buy him now, not one of the big 4, so, perhaps we are fairly safe until the summer at least?

A lot of respect to him here. If he does wait for a big club to come for him then we should let him go with our best wishes. But he has obviously looked at Bazzas experience and listened to the likes of Weir who have told him that outside the top 4 there is nothing to top playing for Rangers. :rangers: