Tartan sectarian army now officially Scotlands shame

BLUEDIGNITY

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Andypendek
Nothing like a measured, calm reading of the situation, eh? We're the first to moan when the media hype things out of all proportion...unless, of course, it suits OUR viewpoint and then we can go dan on the whole thing.

I understand the monarchists and unionists feel under attack from the democratic process in Scotland, and I understand the hardcore Rangers fan feeling under attack more than others. I can appreciate there might be thin skins and hurt feelings. But there's a real need to get some perspective on this affair. I'd imagine, since the SFA were warned once before, there would be more to come on this from UEFA/FIFA. Those who embarrassed Scotland last night seem likely to suffer for it, so why are you complaining? Those you hate, the SFA, the TA, are quite likely to be punished. You should be celebrating the revealing of your arch-enemies and their dimwitedness. Why the bile?

Sorry for being unfortunate enough to live in a nation where booing anthems isn't a problem. I find it completely foreign and appalling. In my opinion, this is just another stage for lingering and troublesome problems to manifest themselves. It isn't the booing itself that I find to be the more worrying point. It is indicative of a deeper issue infesting Scotland.

No reason to apologise, I have no idea what Canada is like. Probably the reason I don't ask 'What the fuck is wrong with your country?' in a thread about respect for other countries.

True Scots respect other countries national anthems. Take rugby for an example.

The well respected Tartan army are a bunch of English and Rangers hating neds.

Rangers have their fair share of these of course but the difference in reporting on the problem is alarming and utterly shameful

What campaign? <cr>

wakey wakey bears, we are a sitting duck to a hostile and hateful media who hate us.

Guest Andypendek

I haven't seen the papers today, but I heard the RR phone in in places and it seemed to be solidly about the booing. Maybe others know differently.

Look, in the big picture we are a stage where the country is moving toward seperation from England. This is a BIG THING. Nation states, like the UK, are not in the habit of splitting (even a wee bit) without blood on the streets. Here in Scotland, our main problem in this exciting political era is that the less educated amongst us insist on living in the past where anything connected to England/the Queen is to be reviled and mocked. And they do this....through the medium of booing. This is a SMALL THING, although ignorant.

So, I don't think there's all that reason to coruscate Scotland, and I don't think there's all that need to go mental over some TA toolbags.

Look, in the big picture we are a stage where the country is moving toward seperation from England. This is a BIG THING. Nation states, like the UK, are not in the habit of splitting (even a wee bit) without blood on the streets. Here in Scotland, our main problem in this exciting political era is that the less educated amongst us insist on living in the past where anything connected to England/the Queen is to be reviled and mocked. And they do this....through the medium of booing. This is a SMALL THING, although ignorant.

So, I don't think there's all that reason to coruscate Scotland, and I don't think there's all that need to go mental over some TA toolbags.

(tu)

A massive over-reaction!

I haven't seen the papers today, but I heard the RR phone in in places and it seemed to be solidly about the booing. Maybe others know differently.

Although I disagree where Scotland is headed in regards to separation. Should that ignorance and intolerance be mirrored by a press quick to condemn bears for the very same thing?

That's the biggest issue about this IMO

A totally impartial media is something we the Rangers support should highlite and fight against at every turn

Given that the largest club representation comes from Rangers - and that's not in doubt. I would think a few people on here could get a grip with their generalisations about the Scotland support. No doubt with the strike on they don't have to be in school tomorrow, but nonetheless could they not go and play on their wee wii's and gie us all peace.

If all the Scotland support are muppets because some booed the Northern Ireland anthem last night, then they should accept, just as easily, that all Rangers fans are guilty of the violence caused in Manchester. Same premis is used by those that seek to use one incident to generalise and tar another set of fans. If you can't see the parallel, well get to your bed, the teachers wiill be back soon and you'll need to do your homework.

I met people at the game last night that booed, I met Scottish guys in Northern Ireland tops who went on about how they didn't feel Scottish (so suddenly their from Ulster) and I met a lot of fans, from more clubs than just Rangers, who were pissed off by the moronic booing of a national anthem. Takes all sorts and there were 'muppets' on both sides.

It would be good if a few people on here actually did their homework and learned that we are a Scottish club, founded by men who represented Scotland at International level. And we are the club that has provided more Scottish Internationals, more Scottish captains, and most certainly more Scottish fans than any other club.

Of course some people prefer to think our clubs history is all about Ulsta :rolleyes:

Given that the largest club representation comes from Rangers - and that's not in doubt. I would think a few people on here could get a grip with their generalisations about the Scotland support. No doubt with the strike on they don't have to be in school tomorrow, but nonetheless could they not go and play on their wee wii's and gie us all peace.

If all the Scotland support are muppets because some booed the Northern Ireland anthem last night, then they should accept, just as easily, that all Rangers fans are guilty of the violence caused in Manchester. Same premis is used by those that seek to use one incident to generalise and tar another set of fans. If you can't see the parallel, well get to your bed, the teachers wiill be back soon and you'll need to do your homework.

I met people at the game last night that booed, I met Scottish guys in Northern Ireland tops who went on about how they didn't feel Scottish (so suddenly their from Ulster) and I met a lot of fans, from more clubs than just Rangers, who were pissed off by the moronic booing of a national anthem. Takes all sorts and there were 'muppets' on both sides.

It would be good if a few people on here actually did their homework and learned that we are a Scottish club, founded by men who represented Scotland at International level. And we are the club that has provided more Scottish Internationals, more Scottish captains, and most certainly more Scottish fans than any other club.

Of course some people prefer to think our clubs history is all about Ulsta :rolleyes:

I don't think anyone has stated that the Scotland support in general are Rangers haters etc

If you take time to read through the thread I believe you'll see that's the case, what is clear though is that the Tartan army (and you know fine well what I mean) are a fucking disgrace.

It's much an anti-English thing as it is an anti-Rangers thing, until you all accept that the Oirish are infesting all aspects of decent society whether it be in a subversive fashion i.e. politically and use of the media or more directly with the MOPE element, then we can only descend further into the abyss.

LFC for instance have been totally overrun by cafflicks when they were the quintessential Protestant / British club in England.

I'm not clever enough to enter into high level debate about these issues, but from what i see going on around me, they are winning the war when it comes to them getting away with stuff and us getting lambasted from every angle.

It won't be long until the only people left brave enough to fly the Union flag will be diehard Rangers fans and our Ulster brethren. The rest will just capitulate to the virus that is the Eire/Catholic /Celtc campaign.

We need To Form a GB footie team for the 2012 olympics as a sign of strength and unity as a nation.I Mean the UK is one of the biggest and best footballing nations in the world yet we dont even have a team representing us at the olympics its appauling

~Let England have it!

We need To Form a GB footie team for the 2012 olympics as a sign of strength and unity as a nation.I Mean the UK is one of the biggest and best footballing nations in the world yet we dont even have a team representing us at the olympics its appauling

~Let England have it!

Why?

I'm sure they are just as proud to represent Britain as Chris Hoy was.

Sorry. Proves what? Genuine question.

They underpants are smelling of something more foul than pish or shit!

No, I just meant what i said. 'proves IT'. What's the IT?. Been lookin through posts to see what youre refrrng to, and am not sure. Might be tims, might be that the link proves mhanks hate gstq. could be other things.

Just want clarification, thats all. Nae need for u to get all paranoid on me! (Nae offence mate! :rolleyes: )

No, I just meant what i said. 'proves IT'. What's the IT?. Been lookin through posts to see what youre refrrng to, and am not sure. Might be tims, might be that the link proves mhanks hate gstq. could be other things.

Just want clarification, thats all. Nae need for u to get all paranoid on me! (Nae offence mate! :rolleyes: )

Sweet Jebus

Believe me, there's none taken.

What is it you want clarification on? that it's a tattie munching site? Check! That they hate GSTQ but are happy to receive her Giro? Check!

Sweet Jebus

Believe me, there's none taken.

What is it you want clarification on? that it's a tattie munching site? Check! That they hate GSTQ but are happy to receive her Giro? Check!

clarifcation rcvd! Over n out! :rolleyes:

I don't think anyone has stated that the Scotland support in general are Rangers haters etc

If you take time to read through the thread I believe you'll see that's the case, what is clear though is that the Tartan army (and you know fine well what I mean) are a fucking disgrace.

I read through the thread very carefully.

The Tartan Army (or Scotland support), like our own supporters, are made up of many parts. I happen to be part of both, as were ultmately the founders of our club (of which I am extremely proud). However both the Scotland support and the Rangers support have an element I wish would simply feck off and take their bile elsewhere.

The Scotland support have a tremendous reputation (partly because so many are bears), and to use last nights pantomime booing to generalise is just daft.

If national anthems were played at club matches in Europe you would get exactly the same response to the Republic of Ireland anthem if it was played at Ibrox (more so). Even though it was only for the club it would get booed. I mean ffs Rangers fans boo Flower of Scotland when the sheep sing it. I don't see anyone getting their pants in a twist over that.

The faux moral indignation over last night is absolutly hilarious - but buy into it if you want.

Guest Andypendek

'Her giro' <titters>

D'you imagine she licks the envelopes personally?!?!

She gets the biggest giro in Britain! Civil List my ass!

Sorry. Proves what? Genuine question.

They underpants are smelling of something more foul than pish or shit!

Not a saltire to be seen on that sight and thta bunch of scum call themselves scottish

All rise for the Royal Anthem of The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (and Australia and Canada and................................):

God save our gracious Queen

Long live our noble Queen,

God save the Queen:

Send her victorious,

Happy and glorious,

Long to reign over us:

God save the Queen.

O Lord, our God, arise,

Scatter thine enemies,

And make them fall:

Confound their politics,

Frustrate their knavish tricks,

On thee our hopes we fix:

God save us all.

Thy choicest gifts in store,

On her be pleased to pour;

Long may she reign:

May she defend our laws,

And ever give us cause

To sing with heart and voice

God save the Queen.

Don't like it?

GET THE FUCK OUT OF THIS COUNTRY YOU BASTARDS!