***The Official Dundee United v Rangers Thread***

Muff

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We haven't played with width the past few seasons and we've won once so maybe change it this season and play players who can whip in crosses,get free kicks,beat men and set up our strikers.

This is our toughest game of the season so far in my opinion.

I don't think we'll win tomorrow to be honest..Smith will play McCulloch in midfield or left and lafferty right and totally unbalance the team and we'll get shown up

You'd need to seriously question what's going on in his head if he does change the team tomorrow.

The official news from Rangers text service is that Bougherra is struggling to make the game tomorrow.

If he does make it, I cannot see any changes to last week's starting 11, and would be quite upset to see any changes TBH.

We must start the game at a high tempo and take it to them right from the off, whilst making sure our defenders are awake and concentrating fully on the job in hand. NO excuses this week for getting caught cold like the last two weeks.

If Bougherra fails to make it, it will be McCulloch and I really worry about that. This is too big a game to be playing an experimental CH with no pace beside Weir with even less than no pace. The result would be we would have to play much deeper to not allow them space in behind us and that in turn would leave too much space between our midfield and our defence for them to work in. From the limited options we have at CH I would play Broadfoot beside Weir. I accept it is too difficult a game to throw in McMillan.

My prediction, we will start the game strongly and score in the first 20 mins, then go on to control the game despite receiving early yellow cards and being denied a good shout for a penalty, conceding a disputed penalty, and go back down the road with a 3-1 victory, with one ear on events at MOPE Stadium to hear that Hearts have failed to repeat their form of 2 weeks ago and are being beaten easily by the 14 men in hoops.

The official news from Rangers text service is that Bougherra is struggling to make the game tomorrow.

If he does make it, I cannot see any changes to last week's starting 11, and would be quite upset to see any changes TBH.

We must start the game at a high tempo and take it to them right from the off, whilst making sure our defenders are awake and concentrating fully on the job in hand. NO excuses this week for getting caught cold like the last two weeks.

If Bougherra fails to make it, it will be McCulloch and I really worry about that. This is too big a game to be playing an experimental CH with no pace beside Weir with even less than no pace. The result would be we would have to play much deeper to not allow them space in behind us and that in turn would leave too much space between our midfield and our defence for them to work in. From the limited options we have at CH I would play Broadfoot beside Weir. I accept it is too difficult a game to throw in McMillan.

My prediction, we will start the game strongly and score in the first 20 mins, then go on to control the game despite receiving early yellow cards and being denied a good shout for a penalty, conceding a disputed penalty, and go back down the road with a 3-1 victory, with one ear on events at MOPE Stadium to hear that Hearts have failed to repeat their form of 2 weeks ago and are being beaten easily by the 14 men in hoops.

That's really, really worrying news.

It makes absolutely no sense for McCulloch to start at centre back tomorrow. With Whittaker currently holding the right back position, it's logical for Broadfoot to slot into his natural position.

Bougherra would be a colossal loss for us. As well as his defensive capabilities, he's our one defensive player who can build play from the back.

RANGERS boss Walter Smith is sweating over the fitness of Madjid Bougherra ahead of the crucial SPL clash against Dundee United at Tannadice tomorrow.

Algerian stopper Bougherra picked up a thigh knock in training this morning at Murray Park and is rated as a doubt for the clash on Tayside.

Smith is hopeful that Bougherra will make the must-win game that can see the Light Blues cut Celtic's lead at the top to just one point before the champions host Hearts later in the day.

Smith said: "Madjid has a slight thigh problem, and we will see how he is in the morning, but I am optimistic he will play."

_________________________McGregor____________________________

______________________Weir_______McCulloch___________________

Whittaker_______________________________________________Papac

__________________________Dailly_____________________________

___________________Ferguson____Mendes_______________________

Davis__________________________________________________Adam

___________________________Miller____________________________

You know it makes sense - three players who could be offloaded in January, we give them a couple of games to put them in the window.

Adam, McCulloch and Dailly all trained very well today :D

They don't need to train very well to get into Uncle Walter's team.

They just have to say, "Unc, I'm getting you a really nice present for Christmas."

To which Walter will reply, "Thanks, your a nice lad with plenty of ability. Also, you have tied your laces very nicely today, your starting tomorrow!"

Adam, McCulloch and Dailly all trained very well today :D

They don't need to train very well to get into Uncle Walter's team.

They just have to say, "Unc, I'm getting you a really nice present for Christmas."

To which Walter will reply, "Thanks, your a nice lad with plenty of ability. Also, you have tied your laces very nicely today, your starting tomorrow!"

It's high time for that sort of caper :pipe:

I'd be going with a 4-5-1 tomorrow. We should play natural width, because the narrow midfield on a narrow parrk experiment at Tynecastle has now failed miserably twice.