***The Official Dundee United v Rangers Thread***

Muff

Tactics will win or lose this for us.We MUST play the ball on the ground and play at pace.The last match we had them toiling on the flanks on the few occasions we attacked them on the ground, similarly on the ground Wilkie cannot turn and has no pace.

Our problem was that we lumped too many high balls that Wilkie gobbled up since we do not have a striker who can win the ball cleanly in the air.

I sometimes think Walter tries to surprise tall defenders by playing into their hands or rather heads and it doesn't work.

As Bogherra said when we play football we score goals and win games otherwise we struggle.

On the ground and a fast tempo please!

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the ground and a fast tempo please!

(tu)

At least now we have the players to play the fast tempo, even Boydy's legs are moving quicker. Walter shouldn't let them use the long ball except for emergencies. We're good enough not to give the ball away so needlessly.

And look who they have put incharge doh

REFEREE - Iain Brines

ASSISTANTS - Martin Cryans and Gary Cheyne

4th OFFICIAL - Douglas McDonald

REFEREE OBSERVER - Jim McBurney

http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.as...6&back=home

I literally felt a sense of deflation when I saw that.

Now I expect the worst of the decisions.

Our midfield will have to play to the top of their game. Robertson, Conway and Flood are on top of their game and the lad Daly seems to be doing no bad.

:craphead: SPL pish! Nothing to worry about (tu)

*sorry, I couldnt resist. agree totally with the team

Our midfield will have to play to the top of their game. Robertson, Conway and Flood are on top of their game and the lad Daly seems to be doing no bad.

SPL dross that turn into Brazil '72 when the Gers come to town.

They are SPL pish, they are just slightly better than the rest. Still wouldn't have any of them near Rangers. Willow Flood always turns up against us, he's a tim so no suprise there. Robertson and Conway have been playing well for the last 2 months and Ferguson and the Rangers midfield always struggle against Margano Gomis.

No excuses for not winning this match - the players and management have let us down far too often this season. Anything other than a win will not be acceptable.

A match where everyone will have to be ontop of their game - our Captain simply has to turn up, he cannot hide. The 'he's still not fit and not had enough matches' is a load of bollocks now.

_________________________________McGregor_________________________

______________________Bougherra____________Weir___________________

Whittaker_____________________________________________________Papac

_______________________Mendes________Ferguson______________________

Davis_______________________________________________________Beasley

___________________________Miller______Boyd_________________________

My team to beat Dundee United :rangers:

Players have to go out there, show us that they mean buisness and get the win we need - no point in pummeling Hamilton if we can't get the win in these type of matches. It's time for them to show that they have what it takes to play for Rangers and bring back the league.

Our quest for the title started yesterday, we must keep it going!

I agree, I can't see Walter changing the starting 11.

I think we'll need to keep a clean sheet in this game to win cause I can't see many goals although I'm hoping Rangers come out and have a real go and surprise us.

beasley will be nothing more than a passenger in this game unless we play balls on the ground round the back of the utd defence as this is the only way we can get the best out of him.

Whover is able to dictate play in the middle of the park will win Saturday's match. Ferguson owes a big performance and if he and Mendes can get on the ball and dictate the pace of the game I can see us winning. But if things turn into a real battle we will need someone like Edu to get their foot in.

I also feel Miller will be an extremely imprtant player. Recently when we went to Tannadice we played 1 up, usually a big man (Cousin, Boyd, McCulloch) but if we can get Miller turned at the likes of Wilkie and Dods backed up by pacey players such as Novo I can see a few chances being created for Boyd.

I'm really worrying about how Ferguson will fare against DU and celtic.

I don't think he'll be able to handle Flood, Gomis or Robertson. Ferguson always struggles when up against Gomis and Flood.

I'm really worrying about how Ferguson will fare against DU and celtic.

I don't think he'll be able to handle Flood, Gomis or Robertson. Ferguson always struggles when up against Gomis and Flood.

Ferguson is still not match fit. He is stuck chasing the game as it bypasses him. A passenger still. It may be next year before he regains any real strength.

Ferguson should be fully fit by now. He's had more than enough time to get himself fit(considering he's one of the fittest men at Ibrox - or so he and, our manager and the press continue to tell us) and he's had plenty of games and 90 minutes under his belt. His performances should also be a lot better - there not and that's very worrying. I think he'll continue to struggle and be showed up in the next three matches - Dundee United, Hibs and against celtc.