Madjid Bougherra

fraser77

right guys dnt shoot me down etc with this please its jst something i wanted to ask to hear your take on the whole boogey leaving situation.

My take/thought

if we rake in the so called paper talk of 4to 5 million for boogey !

and as everyone knows we are linked with tonel (3 million) and Stranzl(1 million)

does anyone think we would go for the 2 cntr halfs if we raked in the cash ?

and if we actually did do this we would have the 1 million profit still and 2 international centre halfs

i for one if this was the idea would be very happy to cash in

though i doubt this will be the case

thanks guys :unionflag: :unionflag:

views please ?

cheers

WE ARE THE PEOPLE AND ALWAYS WILL BE THE PEOPLE

It's a hard one to call, bringing in 2 brand new CB's at once in january, hoping they both meet their expectations instantly and also play well together would be a hard thing to achieve. Atleast with Bougherra he is already settled and we know what to expect from him for the remainder of the season. With a decent shot at the SPL title it may be too big of a risk to take.

It's a hard one to call, bringing in 2 brand new CB's at once in january, hoping they both meet their expectations instantly and also play well together would be a hard thing to achieve. Atleast with Bougherra he is already settled and we know what to expect from him for the remainder of the season. With a decent shot at the SPL title it may be too big of a risk to take.

I agree with this point of view,

as much as i think its a wise approach you take in sayin we could potentially secure 2 International CB's and a profit, however as said it could disrupt the team and we would need to hope they both instantly click and work out, and is it worth it throwing away the title for a million pounds or so...

I'd certainly sell Bougherra and use the money to bring in both Stranzl and Tonel - both better defenders in my eyes as Bougherra's future and injury is starting to piss me off.

I'd keep Bougherra until the end of the season and try and get either Tonel or Stranzl with the money we hopefully generate through getting the deadwood off our books.

I just don't think that January is the best time to be bringing an entirely new central defensive partnership into he fray, especially when neither have ever experienced Scottish football before.

Im one of the people on here that moan about players playing out of position, but in Bougherra's case i think he would be a very useful RB. He's got a bit of pace, can dribble, has a better cross than Broadfoot or Whittaker

(waits to be shot down in flames..........)

Its a good arguement you have raised here. Both options are equally strong. I would go with the selling one for two. I dont really fancy our chances going with just Weir and Boogie into the second half. We do not have a strong back up option which we would have with three. In weirs defence he has made Ehiogu,Cuellar,Boogie settle in instantly and there is no reason why he couldnt do the same again, if indeed he gets a game!

Bougherra would make a fantastic def mid. height, strength, pace, etc.

Agreed, BUT nobody in CM will get dropped at the moment. Mendes is pretty much guaranteed a spot and there no way WS will drop Fergie. Personally id rather see Mendes and Davis in the middle but i dont think that will ever happen. Even at the end of the Hibs game, Davis looked so comfortable and threatening when he moved in a bit

Sell bougherra and get tonel and stranzl and hopefully have some cash left over :unsure:

The cash left over would most likely be needed to pay thier wages, but I like that option as boogies injury is starting to concern me.

I would assume so, but if we got dailly, hemdani along with darcheville off the wages, theres a fair chunk there to play with