TBB Poll: Who thinks what?

Big V

516 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of the Billy Boys should be sung?

• The banned original version, feck the consequences.
    • The "rebel blood" version, same meaning, non-sectarian lyric.
    • Some other version.
    • We should not sing TBB at all.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crazy, Country is a shambles. So it it only Glaswegians that are not allowed to sing it? Or if visiting Glasgow same rules?

I really couldnae tell yae mate. I think the problem is people are pleading guilty to it. A good lawyer could challenge it I'd imagine, but I'm pretty sure the word has now became illegal I'm not 100% sure though

I really couldnae tell yae mate. I think the problem is people are pleading guilty to it. A good lawyer could challenge it I'd imagine, but I'm pretty sure the word has now became illegal I'm not 100% sure though

I am sure that Mr Mullholland the PF for Glasgow, said that the word is not offensive but the addition such as the C or B word, (not meaning blood) being directed at an individual or group of people in your company ............so surely if someone presented his official take on the use of the word , then providing those certain words had not been uttered then, surely no case to answer.

This could explain the seemingly non arrests for someone singing the paddy mccourts fenian army and people being charged with up to out knees in fb, although one has to ask is a group not calling themselves fenian (after all are they not renowned for ethnic cleansing( army and does army not refer to taking blood after all that at the end of the day is the job of an army, to defeat what are perceived enemies.

Mr Mullholland is a new broom and wants to eradicate all forms of sectarianism be it racial or religious...........any right minding person must welcome his strong stance to eradicate this from everyday life.....................I await his stance on sectarian schooling as to being a cause of religious divide as many in this part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland believe it to be so.

Mr Muholland has started well in what he sees as the evil in society, but does one turn a blind eye to all evil or just one branch of someone calling the shots.

The banned original version for me - time for charlie to stand up for the club, there's nothing wrong with it.

if we must change, then "rebel blood" could never work on the basis that it doesnt sound as good and half the fans would sing 'fenian' anyway. Therefore, the police and FIFA would clamp down and and wouldnt exactly be cutting cloth over who sang fenian and who sang rebel.

the clean version such as "we give anything to see our team at ibrox or away" is too happy chappy and doesn't really rile everyone up like the battle cry of the original.

1 version i could see working goes back to the original lyrics of "marching through Georgia"; "We'll sing it like we used to sing with 50 thousand strong". I think that works, it gets the battle juices going imo, because TBB was banned, and we would be singing about bringing it back, but it's not just TBB making a come back, its our club as we get back to glory, so it has a cry of defiance about it.

it also has a similar context to the original song, not alot of bears will know this, but Marching through Georgia is about the unionist North defeating the rebel south in the american civil war. "sing it like we used to sing with 50,000strong, while we were marching through Georgia" is a triumphant victory line after they defeated the Rebels, so the song & retaining that line in our version makes sense.

There are a plethora of songs to sing to celebrate our beloved clubs history,achievements and past legends.

Brining this song back in any form will only lead to dire concequences for the club. Cmon guys in your heart of hearts if you heard it startin up you would sing the original? i probably would too.

There are a plethora of songs to sing to celebrate our beloved clubs history,achievements and past legends.

Brining this song back in any form will only lead to dire concequences for the club. Cmon guys in your heart of hearts if you heard it startin up you would sing the original? i probably would too.

No Surrender

Of what offence was he convicted?

Did he defend the prosecution?

Did you get off?

A was with ma old dear as my uncle was up and we heard a few lawyers debate wether it was religously aggrivated or not!

His defence was "I got caught up in the moment" :(

CHANGE THE WORDS

Forgot the blood etc....... go back to the old school type version !!! What a racket we would make, and by the words below it gives a clear sound indication that the words are changed !!!!!!

Hullo Hullo.......we are the billy boys......

Hullo Hullo.........you'll know us by our noise.....

We'll do anything to see our team, at Ibrox all the way......

for we are the Brigton Derry boys

then

Growing up the only alternative I knew was billy boys became derry boys then back again I don't know what the original lyrics were but Wikipedia says that the original version is Hullo, Hullo We are the Rangers Boys Hullo, Hullo You'll know us by our noise We're down to our knees to see our team At Ibrox or away For we are The Glasgow Rangers Boys and was changed through time to the banned version. No other song in football has the same effect as this song sung by Rangers supporters. You have to laugh when others attempt it whether it's Mancs jambos or killies, compared to us they are piss poor - their versions are like woosie background music to the game. Ours at ibrox when we slow it down, take a breathe to give the big H-U-L-L- OOO H-U-L-L-OOO lasts as long as their whole song and has like the band name 'real audio dynamite'!!!. Uefa say we can't sing any version but perhaps we can be convincing if there is an original version without the fenian word. I was never comfortable with and long ago switched to the de dum de dum version ( like I did with other gers songs I didn't know the words).

• 6 months later...

Just spoke with officer McLeod at focus, unlike what blue nose babe has been saying singing the words billy boys will not get you arrested, her person who she spoke to at the pr service said otherwise, I think it's time she named names, she was representing the fans as the lawyer and was happy to except this, I would have demanded it in writing, if they refused then I would have told them to fuck off, we need to get this persons name she goes on about and get them on record, but I tell you what they will not now or ever go on record saying billy boys is illegal just the two words billy boy. So blue nose babe you have some explaining to us all, you are given false information, god you said the famine song an four men had a dream where the same song? Say that in court your client is fried, different lyrics same tune but not the same song in law terms? You being a lawyer should know this, now you keep saying you are a lawyer, not a very good one thou, now who said billy boys would be deemed illegal at the pf, or is it a secret?

Jcd bigbear, did you or any of the committee not question blue nose babe? She has been misinformed by a jumped up idiot at the pr office, now they never get it wrong do they bnb? Now bnb are you gonna go on record? Focus have no problem, just that twat at the pf office you spoke with, Now name and shame them, or you talking bull shit, as started I will take the pr on head on.

Peter 1872, she says someone she knows in the pf said billy boys would not be accepted, her words not mine, as a lawyer she should have took him up on it and got him to put it on record, if he refused any lawyer worth their salt would have told them where to go. Yet she excepts this and spreads it as gospel, no m8 from the outside it looks as though she is talking shite. Tell her to name and shame this person or why was she on the committee in the first place? Now I do not wish to offend anyone, but words billy boys against the law get a grip.

Peter 1872 she is on a committee regarding this song as a lawyer, yet she will not share with us the name of the person within the pf who says we will get the jail if we sing the words billy boy, this is correct yes, we'll why not get them to go on record as saying this? Why not name them to us all? Why protect them? She is either with us or not you can't sit on the fence. I do not wish to offend or upset anyone but she has misguided the committee regarding the use of the words billy boy. The least she can do,is give us a name, as I would like to speak with the said person or their superiors and find out where we stand with them on the record. So Peter she either puts up or shuts up.