Barrie Mckay Steps Up

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you saying recalling a 19 year old McKay would have made the difference for McCoist? 

I'm sorry but boasting about this is pedantic as fuck. McKay is now reaping the rewards of a brilliant management team who have full confidence in his and his teams ability to play attacking football with the ball on the deck.

For all we know Barrie benefited more from his loan spell at Morton than the clueless hoofball tactics McCoist loved so much that demoralised so many players.

I actually think Ally did him a favour got him away from a team that wasn't playing particularly well and showed him where he would be playing his football if he didnt step it up.

Always rated McKay purley as he was a player who ran with his head up and could pick a pass out.

:pipe:

How good has he been? He's improved massively under MW, I'm pretty sure that wouldn't have been the case was he still being managed by McCoist. McKay has benefited immeasurably from the style of play MW has instilled in the players. It's pretty hard to get the ball down and run at people when you're constantly watching it flying over your head back and forwards.

This thread is brilliant.

And if it ever we needed proof that a woman, like an elephant, never forgets and never misses an opportunity to remind you (cast up) of that time you said/did something that she didn't particularly like or agree with, this is it.

'Decent player with shite attitude knuckles down and becomes good shocker!!'

The funniest part is the time spent finding the thread, trawling through the posts and quoting them all! Get over yourself and enjoy the fact we have someone like McKay!

1 hour ago, PromDeAnglais said:

Are you saying recalling a 19 year old McKay would have made the difference for McCoist? 

I'm sorry but boasting about this is pedantic as fuck. McKay is now reaping the rewards of a brilliant management team who have full confidence in his and his teams ability to play attacking football with the ball on the deck.

For all we know Barrie benefited more from his loan spell at Morton than the clueless hoofball tactics McCoist loved so much that demoralised so many players.

It's about highlighting a Rangers player getting MOTM against the taigs, not about me or the wrong uns

A player who in the space of a year proved many wrong

Some, like you, rarely get the point and spin a hissy 

Football is an unpredictable sport, it's one of its many qualities. To rake over opinions from two years ago about a player who has only very recently started to show real quality is absolutely moronic. 

Countless examples of players criticised in the early stages of their career gone on to be world class. C. Ronaldo is an obvious recent example. 

On 8 April 2014 at 10:56 PM, 1st_Jan_1994 said:

Barry McKay will never play in an O.F. match let alone make an impact 

Your taking it way to personally that people who know a lot more about football than a stupid woman don't rate McKay

13 minutes ago, Rangers Lady said:

It's about highlighting a Rangers player getting MOTM against the taigs, not about me or the wrong uns

A player who in the space of a year proved many wrong

Some, like you, rarely get the point and spin a hissy 

Where have you commented about him getting motm at the weekend?

The thread was from April 2014. Two years.

So really it's about folks opinions then, in a different era with different manager and style of play, that you have chosen to cast up.

When you're trying to be a smart arse at least acknowledge what you're doing ?