Harry forrester

PaulReid

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, THE_Ibrox_Preacher said:

Just looking at him and his general demeanour on arrival, I formed the instant view that he probably enjoys a drink and a munch "if am not getting a game anyway, fuck it". Just (to me) has the look of kebab fat and stella puffing out his face a wee bitty (my opinion).

It's my belief however that he's a good player even though it may take 2 months to get up to speed and show us fully what he can do.

I could be entirely wrong about the lad but that's how I've called it, I reckon he's got a bit to go before he's up to the pace of it all and his appearances thus far are to help him get there. Seeing him chomping on chewing gum 2 games in a row is one piece of evidence which I take as an indicator of lacking professionalism, whether that's harsh or not is a matter of opinion.

All in all I think he's getting up to pace and in a couple of months we'll have an idea of just what he's capable of but until then don't be too harsh on him because he's maybe spent a good few months regressing prior to coming here to get back on track.

:mutley:

Opinion so far is he's not very good and is showing nerves. On the little time he's had in a new team this can be excused. 

Really good decision to give him a  6month deal. Let him settle and then judge when it's more appropriate. I'm pretty sure if he shows the hunger and skill required to force a starting place he will be offered a contract before his 6 months is up.

1 hour ago, plumbGER said:

Nothing new there then mate,i'm sure plenty were writing wee Barrie off earlier in the season aswell.

I will trust the gaffer to decide if he thinks he is good enough or not,but as eskbank said,he should really have scored on Monday night.

i know.....i was waiting for 3-0 to get my bet up :)

People seem to be complaining about him chewing gum.  Why?  If this is something the manager didn't want to happen then he wouldn't allow it.  It is possible that the gum chewing is actually for medical reasons it helps counteract acid build up in the stomach, it can also help with blood flow to the brain and can also help burn of calories.

A good example of why he was only given a short term contract is because he has to prove himself, if he doesn't then he moves on and good luck to him.  Totally disagree about the tongue in cheek comment about him looking like a McCoist signing, nowhere near it, if he was he would be on a 3 year contract!!!

Don't like the chewing gum thing.

Otherwise I think he's been doing OK. Obviously ring rusty and was peckin' pretty quickly. We were down to 10 for some of that time and he did make runs, look for the ball (he found it too before the sarcy comments come in) and on another day would have scored. He's got a couple of months to prove himself and compete with the likes of Law and Shiels for a new contract.

I hope Warburton can manage to get him up to the standard he was at brentford because on his day he was unstoppable. Obviously it might take a few games, however the majority of the time he got the ball yesterday he did not lose it and seemed willing to try and take people on, at the moment it is just about him getting back to match fitness and sharpness, then we will see if he should be offered a longer deal or not.

The chewing gum gives him this kind of cocky look for me.

I don't really care too much, he can chew as much chewing gum and look as cocky as he wants as long as he plays his part well.

He knows he's been given a real chance here. Hopefully he will prove Mark Warburton right.

Nothing wrong with a bit of cockiness if it's being backed up! Give him time.