Harry forrester

PaulReid

Just now, Ozblue said:

I always preferred having a headache with too many players to select from as opposed to not having any or limited options.I know Warburton likes a "lean" squad but we are too lean this season with not enough personnel to challenge the likes of Tavernier and Wallace, or the likes of Waghorn up front.

Yep totally agree we do need cover/competition in a few areas especially the ones you have quoted but pretty sure MW will have already got FMcP working on his shopping list shall we say.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the likes of Forrester is staying I think that signals the end of Shiels and Law. Which is fine.

I do rate Law but some fans will never get off his back so prob best for him to move on. Tell you what its going to be very competitive to get a regular jersey next year and for the first time in years we will have a pretty strong bench.

15 minutes ago, Lintero said:

I'll probably get slated for this, because I've been his biggest fan, despite by my own admission, a poor few performances last season when given the chance.

But here goes...

Forrester is a fitter younger and on form David Templeton IMO.

Think Temps is on his way out, which pains me as I know there's a quality player in there. But everything Forrester does reminds me of Temps on form

Nope i wouldn't compare Templeton to him, was an older player he reminds me of, man its gonna bug me till i realise who it is!

On 29 January 2016 at 1:59 AM, RFC Eagle said:

You really have completely missed the point. Ask players at all levels and they will tell you the difference between training and being 'match fit'. You are taking physical fitness into account but ignoring every other aspect of competitive sport. Being 'heavy legged' is not just a physical term its just as related to the mental aspects of performance. 

Its why players coming back from injury play reserve games or start on the bench when they are coming back from injury. Of course you will know better than all the professional sportspeople, coaches, sports physiologists etc who have explained the difference between training and competitive sport over a number of years? 

You could probably ask Puskas (notably rotund) if they played him to make him thin or because he had 'match fitness' beyond physical stamina.

Played senior football for over twenty years and no matter how many bounce games or friendly games you had nothing was like a 'proper ' game.

24 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

Yep totally agree we do need cover/competition in a few areas especially the ones you have quoted but pretty sure MW will have already got FMcP working on his shopping list shall we say.

I am 100% positive Frank McParland already has identified the type of player Warburton is seeking and handed in the dossiers on potential targets ready to pass them on to the board for their financial consideration.

1 minute ago, Ozblue said:

I am 100% positive Frank McParland already has identified the type of player Warburton is seeking and handed in the dossiers on potential targets ready to pass them on to the board for their financial consideration.

Hopefully between all involved we will have a few exciting additions to the squad for next season.Would be good to get them in as early as possible so they can hit the ground running so to speak at the start of the new season.Going to take a lot of hard hard work but I don't think W&W are scared of that and the team seem to be buying into it fullheartedly as well.Dont know what others think but we do seem to have a good team spirit running through the place as well,evident in the celebrations after whoever scores a goal.

1 minute ago, sammy cox said:

Hopefully between all involved we will have a few exciting additions to the squad for next season.Would be good to get them in as early as possible so they can hit the ground running so to speak at the start of the new season.Going to take a lot of hard hard work but I don't think W&W are scared of that and the team seem to be buying into it fullheartedly as well.Dont know what others think but we do seem to have a good team spirit running through the place as well,evident in the celebrations after whoever scores a goal.

I would say our management team have considered all aspects of the new season signings during their private meetings; possibly even have been in conversation with Stewart Robertson and Andrew Dickson regarding financial parameters they have to work within. This last part is the great unknown for us and our level of signing will depend on the money men, whether they step up to the plate or not.

1 minute ago, Ozblue said:

I would say our management team have considered all aspects of the new season signings during their private meetings; possibly even have been in conversation with Stewart Robertson and Andrew Dickson regarding financial parameters they have to work within. This last part is the great unknown for us and our level of signing will depend on the money men, whether they step up to the plate or not.

To be honest I don't take much to do with the money men aspect,boardroom threads etc but fully trust MW to identify the right players for the job.I don't think MW will be looking at anywhere near the expenditure of previous managers but do hope that the board etc provide him with the funds that he requires.Time will tell but MW seems to be well enough pleased with the cooperation he has had so far so lets hope it continues.

Harry was outstanding last night, he only made about three mistakes during all the time he was on the park and those were negligible considering the extent of his involvement in the game.
He dominated the middle of the park with skillfull possession and precision passing which rarely went astray.
Another one of his assests appears to be his upper body strength which gives him the ability to retain possesion when he is being physically challenged by an oppenent. 
His determination to win the game was further displayed by some of his defensive back tracking and what can we say about his goal other than it was sublime.
He was man of the match by a country mile.
I only hope this was not a one off performance and if not we could maybe have the makings of a new midfield general in Harry.

1 minute ago, sammy cox said:

To be honest I don't take much to do with the money men aspect,boardroom threads etc but fully trust MW to identify the right players for the job.I don't think MW will be looking at anywhere near the expenditure of previous managers but do hope that the board etc provide him with the funds that he requires.Time will tell but MW seems to be well enough pleased with the cooperation he has had so far so lets hope it continues.

I likewise prefer to stay well clear of boardroom/financial matters although it is a very important part of our player strategy especially next season in the Premiership. Mark Warburton has it right when he says it's not about the size of your transfer budget; more to do with how you utilise it. So far it appears to have been a very successful partnership between the financial side and the footballing side of things.

If our management team can bring in a few more with the potential of player like Harry Forrester then I will be happy.

6 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

I likewise prefer to stay well clear of boardroom/financial matters although it is a very important part of our player strategy especially next season in the Premiership. Mark Warburton has it right when he says it's not about the size of your transfer budget; more to do with how you utilise it. So far it appears to have been a very successful partnership between the financial side and the footballing side of things.

If our management team can bring in a few more with the potential of player like Harry Forrester then I will be happy.

Yep hopefully Forrester goes on to be a very good addition.How long MW can keep producing such finds I don't know but I do hope it continues for years to come.

2 hours ago, Ozblue said:

Which then raises the hypothetical question; Presuming everybody is fit and available for selection next season and that it appears Crooks is being bought for the sitting midfielder role that we definitely will need in the Premiership,which two players will be the preferred other midfielders? Now obviously we know that Warburton insists that it's all about the squad being rotated with everybody seeing a pathway to being selected at any given time; plus the fact a lot will depend on what other additions might be in the pipeline,but at the moment we would be looking at Holt - Halliday -Forrester,then the youngsters like Burt-Thompson -Murdoch (if they keep improving) to fight it out for the 3 midfield roles.

I'd imagine the likes of Burt,Thompson will be loaned out as we will add to the squad and Windass can also play cm,I don't see a future for Murdoch at the club,I'd see Crooks and Windass as replacements for Shiels and Law and with Ball also leaving there may be space for 1 more quality midfielder imo,Windass Crooks Halliday Forrester Holt and 1 more would be my midfield options

We looked far more dangerous with Forrester inside and two really sharp, pacey running machines on the wings last night. Gave us more balance and more for the opposition to think about.

I'm hoping that's a sign of things to come.Bit of a worry that that's being taken away at the weekend. 

11 minutes ago, Inigo said:

We looked far more dangerous with Forrester inside and two really sharp, pacey running machines on the wings last night. Gave us more balance and more for the opposition to think about.

I'm hoping that's a sign of things to come.Bit of a worry that that's being taken away at the weekend. 

agreed we looked to have far more cutting edge and that was playing without a striker aswell

8 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

agreed we looked to have far more cutting edge and that was playing without a striker aswell

Some of the balls across the 6 yard box were superb last night. With current personnel we don't have a CF to capitalise. Last night all that was missing on several occasions was the winger opposite the one crossing getting in at the back post to meet the cross.

That or Clark being a foot taller for the one he couldn't reach ?

18 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

I'd imagine the likes of Burt,Thompson will be loaned out as we will add to the squad and Windass can also play cm,I don't see a future for Murdoch at the club,I'd see Crooks and Windass as replacements for Shiels and Law and with Ball also leaving there may be space for 1 more quality midfielder imo,Windass Crooks Halliday Forrester Holt and 1 more would be my midfield options

As to the two young guys;Burt and Thompson, loaning them out to suitable teams would make a lot of sense depending on who we manage to sign in the Summer, but it seems like young Burt is an exceptional talent so Warburton might decide to keep him in the squad. Andy Murdoch would have to really pick up his game from the last time I watched him, but Warburton and Weir will make the right call regarding him.  One thing's for certain; we are in for an interesting period in our history. :pipe:

9 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

As to the two young guys;Burt and Thompson, loaning them out to suitable teams would make a lot of sense depending on who we manage to sign in the Summer, but it seems like young Burt is an exceptional talent so Warburton might decide to keep him in the squad. Andy Murdoch would have to really pick up his game from the last time I watched him, but Warburton and Weir will make the right call regarding him.  One thing's for certain; we are in for an interesting period in our history. :pipe:

yeah exciting times what a difference a year makes,maybe we could loan all our best youngsters to QOS and keep Hivs down for another season haha

2 hours ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Nope i wouldn't compare Templeton to him, was an older player he reminds me of, man its gonna bug me till i realise who it is!

Is he blue?

Is he white?

Is he fucking dynamite? 

Is Neil Simpson a cowardly scumbag?

8 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

yeah exciting times what a difference a year makes,maybe we could loan all our best youngsters to QOS and keep Hivs down for another season haha

That would be a good idea for next season :lol: I have a feeling Hibs will be staying down this season anyway; in fact it wouldn't surprise me if they don't even make the play-off games.

The selection of true "ba' players" we have for the front 5 or 6 positions right now, and for the start of next season, is great to see: Forrester, King, McKay, O'Halloran, Holt, Halliday and Waghorn as frontline choices, all 25 or under.

They will soon to be joined by Windass and Crooks and just bubbling under we have Thompson, Burt, Murdoch, Walsh and Hardie.

That's a lot of young talent.

7 hours ago, allcinaye said:

Harry was outstanding last night, he only made about three mistakes during all the time he was on the park and those were negligible considering the extent of his involvement in the game.
He dominated the middle of the park with skillfull possession and precision passing which rarely went astray.
Another one of his assests appears to be his upper body strength which gives him the ability to retain possesion when he is being physically challenged by an oppenent. 
His determination to win the game was further displayed by some of his defensive back tracking and what can we say about his goal other than it was sublime.
He was man of the match by a country mile.
I only hope this was not a one off performance and if not we could maybe have the makings of a new midfield general in Harry.

Totally agree i thought he was the best player by a long shot. He looked like he had everything needed. He showed pace, strength, scored a decent goal, chased everything and picked up quite a few stray passes. If this is what he is like in training them i think MW should be looking to put a contract on the table soon for him.