***** The Official Alloa Athletic V Rangers Match Thread *****

allgers

We were clearly the better team, but just didn't convert enough of our chances.  Unfortunately we don't have a divine right to steamroller every team 6-0 and will get games like this.  It's just the way football is.

7 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

23 corners we won and didn't look a threat from any. I can understand MW has a certain style he wants to play but set pieces are a vital part of football. Having 75% possession and winning 23 corners should be something we are taking advantage of but they are constantly wasted. 30 odd passes to create an opportunity that leads to a corner simply for us to waste the set piece opportunity is not good  football imo. 

I agree mate .Mckay flights a ball in as if it was in slow motion .Never any whip on any of the crosses .Flat ball every fucking time .Much easier to defend .We need someone with the ability to cause havoc with corners and set pieces .We just don't have it 

4 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Happy with dropping points to part timers :dry:

fucking hell

Not happy dropping points, happy with performance of the majority of fielded players.

I hope this clears things up, but I'm more than certain it won't.

9 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

We're still top of the league and still have the potential of Europe next season.

We can't get down about this so roll on Tuesday night to make amends.

(I've not heard a match on the Radio for years)

ohh and maybe Livingston will suprise us

Hope so.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

The only stat that counts is the 1-1, i'd take goals over possession any day.

Shall we get McCoist back then?

fuck me some games go this way, get over it. The players need to know it's not good enough but I'm happier this year than last.

If hibs win their two games in hand we are in big trouble.we have absolutely no composure whatsoever in front of goals and we are always liable to lose from high balls at the other end.make no mistake about it the pressure is on big time now and all the shit about scoring 5 and 6 every game doesn't change that.can see us going through the playoff torture again unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Shall we get McCoist back then?

fuck me some games go this way, get over it. The players need to know it's not good enough but I'm happier this year than last.

No we needed to sign a striker, a midfielder and a leader at the back in the January window, we did neither. 

Games against Alloa should never go this way for Rangers.

The whole possession v goals argument is pointless. The issue is not taking our chances, not the fact we have a lot of the ball. 

I'm delighted we have a lot of the ball and therefore create a lot of chances. I'd be a hypocrite if I said anything otherwise, just look at my posts from the Season we went unbeaten under McCoist. I moaned constantly due to the shite football.

We just need that happy medium, which will come when we have a goalscorer. Waghorn, at parts, this Season has been that man. Usually that is when we as a team are at our best.

1 minute ago, ronniemca said:

If hibs win their two games in hand we are in big trouble.we have absolutely no composure whatsoever in front of goals and we are always liable to lose from high balls at the other end.make no mistake about it the pressure is on big time now and all the shit about scoring 5 and 6 every game doesn't change that.can see us going through the playoff torture again unfortunately.

in trouble 3 points clear?

11 minutes ago, yermaw145 said:

Unacceptable ? You really need to gain some perspective, and avoid letting your gratitude sour into pride.

I'm grateful for the football we've played and the criticism I have lies at the feet of our attackers..

It was a tremendous performance and certainly nothing to be blawin yer gums aboot. You're the cunt, kid.

So say we are as tremendous as today a handful more times in our remaining 12 games, and Hibs win the league. How grateful will you be then ? 

4 minutes ago, ronniemca said:

In trouble because of a challenge?  We already saw off Hibs and Falkirk in head to head.

Bring it on. 

The only positive today is getting a goal back for a draw. Pleasing in a way.

3 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

So say we are as tremendous as today a handful more times in our remaining 12 games, and Hibs win the league. How grateful will you be then ? 

If we enjoy more than 20 corners a game like today I'm sure we won't have to worry about that prospect. Compared to what this forum was like  a few short years ago, you people should really be apologising for your conduct after a convincing performance playing great football. Maybe you don't like football, you're just a Rangers fan who waits with baited breath for our next goal ? If so then there is bad news, that mentality is finished, gone with the wind.

30 minutes ago, yermaw145 said:

I get your sentiment, but overall I'm very grateful to see my club where we are now compared to where we were three years ago.

If someone can't find any value out of the performance our team showed today then they haven't a clue about football. The average fan buys a ticket to Ibrox and expects us to score lots of goals, and that's their source of entertainment. As if  we're another novelty club.

I'm more than satisfied with that performance today and if others aren't then, well, I'd have to ask them how happy they were under McCoist when his team beat these clubs by 5 goals.

How long until we can discuss bad performances without someone dredging up Ally?