Bother from the police Saturday (QoS)?

Ferris Bueller

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

These boys would be better playing it smart, and using the law against the police.

The police have a massive thing on their side, breach of the police, if they arrest you for something and they can't prove it, you will be done for breach of the peace.

I can only comment on what I saw, but a boy was spoken to a couple of times by the steward( wee one that gets all the paper chucked at him down in front of the govan), police came across and then there was some pushing and shoving, then a joy of 16ish get dragged out. 

Some boy, who looked about 14, was running after the police trying to plead the boys case, and there were plenty of people with their phones out.

I think these guys need to be alot smarter, if they get asked to do something, take a note of the officer, the request, get it filmed, and comply. Then get it raised and question, through all channels possible. Trying to have a go at the police only results in one way breah of the peace, and a banning order.

A force spokesman said: "The content of the banner was not in question and a number of other banners were displayed in a manner which did not contravene ground rules.

No issues with the banners, no rules contravention so why were the banners removed and why were four fans arrested.  Scotland is officially a police state.

2 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

A force spokesman said: "The content of the banner was not in question and a number of other banners were displayed in a manner which did not contravene ground rules.

No issues with the banners, no rules contravention so why were the banners removed and why were four fans arrested.  Scotland is officially a police state.

Did you read the full article? Clearly stated close to that part that the one in question was placed over advertising boards.

1 hour ago, BEE said:

They're claiming the banners covered the advertising, if that's the case then there's no excuse.

Even were that the case, the idea that the police act to protect the commercial interests of an advertiser is some distance away from what the police are actually meant to be doing. The reality is they do things that are not their job and which they have no lawful reason to get involved in, they themselves cause a breach of the peace in doing so and then arrest folk reacting to them.

12 minutes ago, Spectre said:

Even were that the case, the idea that the police act to protect the commercial interests of an advertiser is some distance away from what the police are actually meant to be doing. The reality is they do things that are not their job and which they have no lawful reason to get involved in, they themselves cause a breach of the peace in doing so and then arrest folk reacting to them.

Just playing devils advocate here. I'd assume the stewards were trying to deal with it initially and they refused. Just giving plod an excuse by draping banners over the hoardings.

22 minutes ago, BEE said:

Just playing devils advocate here. I'd assume the stewards were trying to deal with it initially and they refused. Just giving plod an excuse by draping banners over the hoardings.

Agree with you there mate. Prevent them from moaning.

36 minutes ago, BEE said:

Of course but not removing a banner is not a criminal offence, the only point at which the police should be involved in a situation like this is where the steward actually wants someone ejected and they refuse to leave. When the police start acting on behalf of commercial interests or taking orders from stewards about banners what happens is the fans around about see the police coming over and getting involved in something that they appear to have no business in, and it simply raises tension which ends up with folk getting arrested for reacting 

38 minutes ago, Albertz_3 said:

Rangers. The club have a policy to ban fans until their court hearings. 

and still uphold a lifetime ban, even in the event of a not guilty - basically because they can for whatever reason they wish - such as you were in the wrong by spending Monday to Friday in Auxerre for a Europa league game and never got the letter they sent to your house or answered your house phone to them :anguish:

I heard the wee fat steward saying that he had asked for the banner to be removed from the advertising and that he had to adhere to the home clubs rules. It wasn't removed so the next step is for the polis to move it. From what I could see the boy that got lifted appeared to be struggling so more cops grabbed him. Also saw a cop getting pushed by one of our fans, who could also have been arrested .

Arrests made after Queen of the South versus Rangers clash

22 February 2016

From the sectionSouth Scotland

Four arrests have been made following the Queen of the South and Rangers game at Palmerston Park on Sunday, with police saying more are expected.

Match Commander David McCallum said the majority of the crowd at the match in Dumfries had been well behaved.

However, he said there were a number of incidents of disorder during the game.

They included one incident, which remains under investigation, where visiting supporters refused requests to remove a banner.

Police said an 18-year-old man had been arrested in relation to public order offences committed while a banner was being removed from advertising hoardings by stewards and police in contravention of ground rules.

They stressed the content of the banner was not in question and number of other banners had been displayed in a manner which had not contravened ground rules.

Sounds like a convenient excuse to me.