Rangers Daily Record Blogger

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Supersonic said:

Get a load of this "article" or "blog entry" or whatever name he wants to hand this unbelievable shite from his own site, from 2012:

"It’s hard being a Rangers fan in modern Scotland.  I don’t expect pity. Like clued up Yanks circa 2005, mired in the Bush administration’s wacky adventures, I understand why people hate us and have to accept that at least some of it is probably deserved. Casting aside the financial mismanagement, administrative scandals and historic signing policies, what is worse is the embarrassing ingrained culture that continues to shame the club on a regular basis in 2012. The mind-set of Presbyterian superiority that manifests itself in arrogance and defiance  was exposed on Saturday once again, with the singing of banned song ‘The Billy Boys’.

Clearly audible on satellite broadcasts it has been established many times that this song is unacceptable and potentially criminal yet members of the Rangers support remain undaunted.  Rangers fans have a habit of making me question my allegiances to the club.  Back in 2007, I was anticipating the highlight of my football supporting life with the UEFA cup final in Manchester.  The next day, after serious rioting and hooliganism,  I began to ask myself ‘Is this the sort of club you want to associate yourself with?’.  I came to realise that it’s up to the educated, emancipated supporters try to lead the way and try to change things from within. As a pro-independence, republican (in the sense I don’t agree with a constitutional monarchy) atheist, Rangers fan I feel well placed to talk about the need for the club to embrace the modern world.

There is now a clear and lucid line of thought that the club, from the Manager to the Chief Executive have taken Rangers 2 steps backwards with regressive recent statements that have pandered to the less open minded elements amongst the support.  I’m told that Ally McCoist is a really nice guy, that he’s switched on and media savvy but I am yet to see clear evidence of it. He doesn’t seem to be very bright (Don’t even get me started on his signing policy of Brazilians and Greeks for Division 3 football). His request to find the people responsible for Rangers transfer ban was an awful, misguided idea that simply gave credence to those that attach themselves to the club and blacken its name.  I broadly agree that the transfer ban was unfair and think the SFA have handled the whole situation dreadfully but they still haven’t handled it as badly as some within Rangers, Charles Green for example.  Instead of talking about Rangers not going back into the SPL, how about a bit of reconciliation with Scottish football.  How about a little reflection and understanding that people nowadays don’t really like songs about ‘fenian blood’?  How about a bit of the dignity the club used to be associated with?

There is a simple way to solve the singing problem.  The SFL should adopt ‘strict liability’ and, if necessary, dock points. They should start with 3 points for Sunday’s sing-along.  It is politically the perfect time.  Rangers will win the third division regardless, so the SFL would not be accused of disrupting the integrity of the competition.  The chorus would soon stop as the dimmer element would be forced to directly address the consequences of their actions.

I have been careful not to mention the word ‘sectarianism’ which has become the go-to term for lazy tabloid hacks who lack the wit to come up with anything more profound or modern.  I challenge these keyboard warriors to get down to Parkhead and Ibrox to ask about the fundamental reasons for each set of supporters choice of faith.  ‘Excuse me sir, what exactly are your problems with Bishops within the clergy system?’  Ask a 16 year old nowadays if they believe in God and you are likely to get laughed at by the little bugger and church attendances have never been lower. This is not an issue of ecclesiastical debate rather than an ingrained hatred of the other.  A tribalism that is tens of decades old, exposing itself in the only way it is still allowed in modern secular society, at football matches. You will find other severe examples all over Europe and South America where there is derby hatred far more vociferous than ours.

To me this is an issue of tribalism.  This is not a ‘west of Scotland issue’, or ‘Scotland’s shame’ or any of those other woeful tabloidisms. It is an issue with Rangers and decent Rangers supporters must stand up and be counted.  In 2012, I for one do not wish to be tarnished by this nonsense anymore.  The Scottish Football League should act and act now."

No words describe how much of a wretched cunt he truly is.

What a bastard .He deserves every single thing that comes his way .Does this cunt drink with Brittany by any chance .

They must be up there with Whyte as guys I'd love to see slaughtered .....

banter of course 

Disgusting way for a "rangers fan" to conduct themselves. The lads trying to get on to the pitch had the best intentions on their mind which was to try and protect the players we love. That the police had neglected to do so. Video evidence backs up the fact that it was Hibs fans who swarmed the field AFTER David Gray ran into the crowd (even going so far as too climb over a police officer). 

I've talked to people who worked in that end of Hampden and they said you couldn't see any hibs fans up the top of the stands, they were all going down to the bottom. But Security (or lack of) measures aside. How a fan could condemn other supporters like that on a national newspaper is beyond me. 

Yeah there is bad apples here and there, but in the case of the pitch invasion. It was too go on and protect our boys who were clearly getting swung at. So the fat cunt has shown a complete disregard for his fellow fans and the players who play for our club. It's for these reasons he is very clearly not a Rangers fan and should be treated as such. 

2 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

What a bastard .He deserves every single thing that comes his way .Does this cunt drink with Brittany by any chance .

They must be up there with Whyte as guys I'd love to see slaughtered .....

banter of course 

I think you are being a bit harsh on the guy,eejay...when you are born a cunt it's pretty difficult to find decent friends :pipe:

BTW! I noticed on your closing statement you made a typo... you inserted a 'n' instead of a 't'  :wink:

There's a few disturbing things here. I've been watching Rangers for a long time and thankfully I've never met one that sees things through fucking 'prisms'. What does that even mean? 

The Buckfast comment tells you everything you need to know about this pompous arse. Clearly a Shandy man himself (a lot more lemonade than that please bartender) who the fuck does he think he is.? 

The blame for this lies at the door of the SFA  for running and hiding after the Fir Park riot. 

8 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

I think you are being a bit harsh on the guy,eejay...when you are born a cunt it's pretty difficult to find decent friends :pipe:

BTW! I noticed on your closing statement you made a typo... you inserted a 'n' instead of a 't'  :wink:

(tu)

5 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I'm not even surprised. The fat greasy specky YES voting munter said something similar after the George Square violence too.

He's a fat gimp. It's people like him that have no place as a Rangers fan.

I have never seen him at any Rangers related function, bus, meeting or indeed a game (that I've seen)

If I ever seen him I'd love to slap the specks right off him and just say "oh well I guess you're right there's violent Rangers fans out there afterall what de ye know"

The Daily Record know exactly what they're doing having fat retards like him write the blogs in the name of Rangers.

Cunt of the highest order.

Just about echoes my feelings on this cunt. To have our name tarnished with the events of that day by agenda driven papes is bad enough, but for this fucking poor relation to Rangers to appease them like this honestly boils my blood. 

Seriously, what fucking chance have we got? Every plastic Mick who's lined up to put the boot in over the years and we now have to tolerate this utter prick.

I hope you read this you fucking cretin. Firstly you need to look yourself in the mirror. Have a long hard  think about what you've achieved by spouting your twisted abomination of the actions of your own people,  then hang your head in shame.

If I can make myself any clearer understand this. Rangers football club need fans like you like a whole in the head.

I've just read the thread on FF on this and they're just a scathing. Which is good to see. Sometimes I think fuck am I and some on RM too harsh at times, but he widespread condemnation for this pish makes me think everyone is on the same boat with this and it's indeed the blogger that's an absolute fucking scudbook

14 hours ago, ger4life_1872 said:

ION

BY JONATHAN MCFARLANE

Rangers Record FC: It is time to put tribal allegiance to one side and condemn thugs after Hampden shame

17:45, 28 JUL 2016

UPDATED 17:47, 28 JUL 2016

BY JONATHAN MCFARLANE

OUR Ibrox blogger goes to town on the fans that fought on the pitch in the aftermath of Hibs' 3-2 Scottish Cup final triumph.

Police Horses on the pitch after the William Hill Scottish Cup Final

AS we look back with cool heads on a day of intense emotion after a tumultuous Scottish Cup Final, a sense of perspective should loom large in our thoughts.

In a week that has seen fans soberly opening letters from the club’s Head of Security David Martin starkly informing them of an indefinite ban from home and away matches, perhaps it’s time to properly reflect on the events of that day.

Many have already taken to social media in condemnation of the clubs action. I cannot join them.

Supporting a football club is not an intellectual exercise, it can’t really be defined by logic or reason, it’s something that’s simply felt (and felt deeply). We care about our clubs in a way that goes beyond what makes sense to those that don’t follow the game, or probably, our own rational analysis.

Reuters

Rangers' Kenny Miller makes his way off as bedlam erupts

We continue because ultimately, belonging is a wonderful thing, perhaps the strongest facet of the human experience.

Sometimes though, you have to put your tribal allegiances aside and allow the logic and rational parts of your brain to function. Put simply, in the name of ‘support’ you cannot defend the indefensible.

Yet that’s what many have been doing, finding ways to justify the actions of a minority of Rangers fans who responded idiotically and dangerously to Hibs fans provocation.

READ MORE

Rangers fans arrested at Scottish Cup Final are handed indefinite bans by Ibrox club

Simply, those who invaded the pitch that day at Hampden have no place attending games anymore.

Their day of empty masculinity expressed through the prism of stale Tennents and revolting,caffeinated Tonic Wine has come and gone. They shame us all.

The club themselves are not exempt from blame in this regard. The statement released after the game was rabble-rousing in the extreme, taking pot-shots at everyone from journalists to the First Minister.

Getty Images

Hibs and Rangers fans fight as they invade the pitch

It was an angry reaction to a problem that required cool reflection and a clear and cynical attempt to capture the mood rather than take a position of clear leadership.

In it, the club said correctly that the fans had been extremely provoked but in stating ‘any supporters would have done the same’ they have plunged themselves into a very deep moral vortex.

What are we to believe? The actions of the club, or the statement? Even more pressingly, does the left hand even know what the right hand is doing?

The fans, who have had season tickets revoked indefinitely, have been told that their arrest is a breach of the ‘ground rules and regulations’ and ‘brings the reputation of the club into disrepute’.

Of course they have the right to due process, and the letters have been rightly criticised by some for not having a process of appeal explained within the letter.

Rangers' Rob Kiernan is held back by Rangers security chief David Martin

I would be astonished if the club hadn’t already collected evidence of wrongdoing prior to sending these letters and this tactic isn’t just the most straight-forward legal way to invalidate their ability to attend matches.

The problem with these arguments, valid as they are, is that they focus attention away from the core issue which is that of dealing with bad behaviour within our own ranks. There are a million and one reasons why Hibs fans were out of order in this instance but that does not fall within our zone of influence.

READ MORE

Rangers boss Mark Warburton laughs off rumours about Robin van Persie

What does is the behaviour of those around us and ensuring that guys who don’t meet the club’s high standards are removed accordingly.

In a globalised world where the club is competing frantically for the affections of future generations, Rangers cannot afford to allow their good name tarnished or individuals with a propensity for bad behaviour to attend games and cause problems that drag us all through the gutter.

They must be dealt with.

A violent Rangers fan is still a violent individual, and violent individuals have no place in our society, no matter what scarf he wears.

:lol: I agree with this but the hating cliche will be out in force on this one 

It's just shit stirring as we approach the start of the season, the Rhebel know there is no story to be had from the East End and the have to sell their shitty biased mhedia, don't be swayed by these attempts to spoil what is going to be a good thing, desperate people do desperate things.

4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Bears, don't feed the troll he's just a sad wank stain of a human being let him wallow in his own pish

Yeah you know the scum within our support who see things like this and good rangers fans taken to task instead of defended by our own and try to make shitey wee snide jokes out of it.

We know what they are.