Why Jordan Rossiter is fast becoming our star summer signing

The Dude

Just now, The Dude said:

I wonder who the poor bastard taking the fall for it is :lol:

Think you're in the clear. Pretty sure a good few people have said that or something similar in the past few weeks. 

The boy is so old-fashioned looking I bet he has problems flouting the training ground mobile phone ban.

mobile-1.jpg

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Id go as far to say he suits our style more than Barton or Kranjcar do (at their respective ages) I'm not convinced Barton has the kegs to play alongside Kranjcar ahead of Rossiter and, tactically at least, I'd drop one of those two before pulling Rossiter out the side. 

Defensively he offers more than Barton or Halliday do in that role and I think he may have forced Warburton to rethink things a little tbh.

I wasn't serious, I think he's fantastic 

Good article @The Dude

i would love to know why he chose Rangers - suspect he needed game time that he thought he might not get but for what seems like a great talent - great potential - why come here? European showcase next season? 

Wonder what his buy out fee is? :disappointment:

He's impressed me the little we've seen of him but it's too early to form a real opinion yet. I have a sinking feeling that Warburton will still pick Halliday ahead of him.

I think Windass has impressed me most but all the signings look like they can contribute.

2 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Good article @The Dude

i would love to know why he chose Rangers - suspect he needed game time that he thought he might not get but for what seems like a great talent - great potential - why come here? European showcase next season? 

Wonder what his buy out fee is? :disappointment:

Thanks mate. Yeah I think the promise of some game time, added to the draw of Rangers being back etc etc, will have had a big influence.

Just now, The Dude said:

Thanks mate. Yeah I think the promise of some game time, added to the draw of Rangers being back etc etc, will have had a big influence.

Yep - just kinda pleasantly surprised he came here - same with Barton ( kinda understand Kranjar)  but MW and the team must have great sales power ( mind you 50,000 crowds must help ) 

29 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

100% he won't start against Dundee. The gaffer likes him as a sub just now, fuck knows why. - the lad needs to start. 

Yeah agree'd. I mean hell of a sub to bring on none the less. 

But the lad should be getting starts, especially since he offers a good "oomph" and can pick a player. Him, Niko, Dodoo and Forrester would be a brilliant little bunch together. Throw Orange halloran in there too for good own goal shenanigans too. 

Its refreshing to find a kid whose god is not money, he could most probably have sat tight at Liverpool maybe making the bench half a dozen times this season or gone to a championship club earning way more than we could pay, but he chose us as the next step in his adventure in the game, I really don't think we should underestimate the pull of our club.

If he continues to progress in the game riches will follow, both for him in wages and us in a healthy transfer fee, he can certainly read the game and the positions he takes up aint luck, looks a goodun.

18 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

From what I have seen of him, he needs to avoid the comfort zone of sideways passing. Still a long way to go with him before we can make any top level claims. 

One of the things I like most about him is that if there's a forward pass on then he'll take it rather than a sideways one. Most side passes have been at distance to spread the play.

36 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

From what I have seen of him, he needs to avoid the comfort zone of sideways passing. Still a long way to go with him before we can make any top level claims. 

Played an outstanding pass the other night, I think it was to Tavernier, that had Kranjcar turn round to applaud him.

2 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Love the wee man already. 

He has the attitude, aggression, composure and ability to be a really good player for club and country.

Can see him making an impact similar to Barry Ferguson.

Great bit of business to get him to ibrox.

Funny you say that because i also felt the same, if he is half as good as Bazza then were onto a winner.

52 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

One of the things I like most about him is that if there's a forward pass on then he'll take it rather than a sideways one. Most side passes have been at distance to spread the play.

I only have seen a small amount of him, UEFA U19s mainly. I guess that might skew my original post, he certainly looks comfortable on the ball and reminds of a young Barry Ferguson - hence the sideways pass comments.