We need to sort this.

K.A.I

If the 3/4 usual guys could reply nice and early with their wee speeches regarding alleged "over-reactions/we won, what more you want?" etc then that would be fantastic.

A few things for me :

Like Dundee last week I am delighted with the 3 points but that wasn't pretty. We need to keep learning lessons even when we win, like today and last week.

Of course 2 wins is 2 wins and you don't get any more points for playing well. Yup, Totally understood, that's not lost on me. I promise.

These 3 inter-changable forwards for me need to be addressed. I appreciate it's Warburton's ethos so not changed, but altered.

We have Dodoo who can't trap a bag of sand if we are honest but got a couple of positive comments from me in other games because he was a presence in the box but when he's out on the wings trying to work magic and the odd time he got a ball inside (and it actually got past a Motherwell defender) there was no-one there as usual.

I don't even think Garner will make much difference in that regard. He might be a good player but I don't think this system works in games against the better teams in Scotland.

We made the changes a bit quicker this week. Was it 60 minutes instead of 70 this week? the changes should have been made at half-time and gave us maximum time to get the 2 goals we needed and been able to breathe a bit easier.

Barton has done absolutely nothing of note so far - all he does is run is mouth off. Some of it is quite funny and I enjoy it, but it renders a lot of what he says when he doesn't back anything up on the pitch. Nico slightly better in regards to him making a couple of good probing balls when he came on. It was something a bit different and actually asked a couple of questions of the Motherwell defence.

First half was really flat and predictable. We all seen the team selection at the start and knew our midfield would be devoid of ideas and pace/urgency,

I won't finish the OP without mentioning some of the positives.

Miller again - for all his legs are done, he's popped up with another really important goal. Which he is capable of, but he is only capable if he's in positions like and the position he took up in the box against Dundee last week. He's still an asset to us doing that, but not in the inter-changable 3 man forward line Warburton likes. It harps back to me first point about tweaking it somehow.

Character - IMO we didn't really start playing until the last half an hour with it all to do, but we still managed it. We kept going right until the end which is something I've praised Celtic for the last 20-odd years. You've got to be proud of the way we went about that.

Rossiter - Again, I think he was the best player we had on the park. I'd be looking to build a team around him instead of Halliday (which Warburton seems to do)

A mixture of good and bad. Warburton is a fantastic manager and I like his style but he really does need to learn to change things and develop a decent plan B at times. I'm not letting the wins against Dundee and Motherwell today hide the fact. It's a dangerous road to go down. Provided you are honest and constructive there's no reason you can't improve (even when you win)

One more small favour, if anyone wants to come on, quote me and just say bollocks/bull shit/rubbish please tell me what parts and debate it instead of the super fan attitude as these aren't fickle/knee-jerk reactions. Take a look in the match day thread and see the frustration in real time. Every comment is totally justified and a last minute winner doesn't change the issues we need to iron out.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If MW drops Halliday against Killie I'll be a happy man. He was rotten today and we looked far better with Nico being on in his place.

Don't have a problem with Halliday, let him win his place back.

McKay could do with being dropped too. Hopefully when Windass is fit he'll push him for the place.

Rossiter and Tav had pretty good games today.

Glad we got the three points but could do without the last minute heroics.

I don't understand why he favours playing Forrester on a wing instead of MOH. Forrester is much better through the middle.

I'd have had McKay Dodoo and MOH as the front 3. Then Barton, Rossiter and Forrester in mid.

I've been seriously questioning some of the starting XI choices lately.

1 minute ago, TheQueensEleven said:

I don't understand why he favours playing Forrester on a wing instead of MOH. Forrester is much better through the middle.

I'd have had McKay Dodoo and MOH as the front 3. Then Barton, Rossiter and Forrester in mid.

I'd add Holt into the mix as well

15 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Warburton is a fantastic manager and I like his style but he really does need to learn to change things and develop a decent plan B at times.

I think Warburton has proven himself to be an exceptional man manager and very good process manager. He is a talented organiser and a good strategist. All very important attributes in business management. I am still yet to be convinced he is a fantastic football manager. 

He has a lot still to learn and I am sure he will get there but he better start learning fast because the honeymoon is definitely over 

2 minutes ago, The Beast said:

I'd add Holt into the mix as well

Obviously in future aye. I mean I'd gave McKay - Garner - MOH

Rossiter/ Niko - Barton/Holt - Forrester/Windass 

We have some great options in midfield and I think Rossiter may be my favourite singing so far. Young, no nonsense midfielder with a big future ahead of him.

Pretty much spot on.

My biggest frustration is our lack of tempo, urgency and directness. When we pass and move it quickly we can be absolutely frightening. However, at times, we just look too pedestrian and lethargic. We also need to get more bodies in the box. I think with Garner, Windass, Holt, Waghorn & Crooks to come in this will definitely aid how we attack.

This win today was massive, it really was, and should not be understated. The character to get over the line, the Garner arrival, players coming back should hopefully allow us to kick on from here because if we don't buck up our ideas we won't win this league.

Rossiter looks fantastic, and Tav is moulding himself into a top full back both offensively and defensively. Also really liking Forrester although he maybe tries too hard at times! Big Wes kept us in it again too.

I think games like today, at Ibrox, Niko should be one of the 1st names on the team sheet. We don't need as much energy in these type of games and his technically ability in these games, when it may be tight, is huge. I wouldn't start him with Barton though. You still need a bit of energy. I think you need a Holt, Forrester, Windass, energy type in there to give more balance.

Overall it's been a bit of a stuttering start but thankfully we are still in a great position. If we can just start a bit brighter, and move the ball a bit more quickly and directly we'll do fine. Really looking forward to seeing Garner in there and think he could be the man to fire us to the title.....

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

We are missing Holts drive from midfield badly. 

I don't really think Holt's as great as people make him out to be but I'm starting to think it's that bit of drive that's actually missing.

I wouldn't be against a midfield 3 of Rossiter, Holt and Windass when Holt and Windass are back fit again. Could be a good balance of drive, passing, tackling, organisation etc.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

I don't really think Holt's are great as people make him out to be but I'm starting to think it's that bit of drive that's actually missing.

I wouldn't be against a midfield 3 of Rossiter, Holt and Windass when Holt and Windass are back fit again. Could be a good balance of drive, passing, tackling, organisation etc.

It's Holt's off the ball work that's impressive. His ability to create space for others around him is superb.

20 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

If the 3/4 usual guys could reply nice and early with their wee speeches regarding alleged "over-reactions/we won, what more you want?" etc then that would be fantastic.

A few things for me :

Like Dundee last week I am delighted with the 3 points but that wasn't pretty. We need to keep learning lessons even when we win, like today and last week.

Of course 2 wins is 2 wins and you don't get any more points for playing well. Yup, Totally understood, that's not lost on me. I promise.

These 3 inter-changable forwards for me need to be addressed. I appreciate it's Warburton's ethos so not changed, but altered.

We have Dodoo who can't trap a bag of sand if we are honest but got a couple of positive comments from me in other games because he was a presence in the box but when he's out on the wings trying to work magic and the odd time he got a ball inside (and it actually got past a Motherwell defender) there was no-one there as usual.

I don't even think Garner will make much difference in that regard. He might be a good player but I don't think this system works in games against the better teams in Scotland.

We made the changes a bit quicker this week. Was it 60 minutes instead of 70 this week? the changes should have been made at half-time and gave us maximum time to get the 2 goals we needed and been able to breathe a bit easier.

Barton has done absolutely nothing of note so far - all he does is run is mouth off. Some of it is quite funny and I enjoy it, but it renders a lot of what he says when he doesn't back anything up on the pitch. Nico slightly better in regards to him making a couple of good probing balls when he came on. It was something a bit different and actually asked a couple of questions of the Motherwell defence.

First half was really flat and predictable. We all seen the team selection at the start and knew our midfield would be devoid of ideas and pace/urgency,

I won't finish the OP without mentioning some of the positives.

Miller again - for all his legs are done, he's popped up with another really important goal. Which he is capable of, but he is only capable if he's in positions like and the position he took up in the box against Dundee last week. He's still an asset to us doing that, but not in the inter-changable 3 man forward line Warburton likes. It harps back to me first point about tweaking it somehow.

Character - IMO we didn't really start playing until the last half an hour with it all to do, but we still managed it. We kept going right until the end which is something I've praised Celtic for the last 20-odd years. You've got to be proud of the way we went about that.

Rossiter - Again, I think he was the best player we had on the park. I'd be looking to build a team around him instead of Halliday (which Warburton seems to do)

A mixture of good and bad. Warburton is a fantastic manager and I like his style but he really does need to learn to change things and develop a decent plan B at times. I'm not letting the wins against Dundee and Motherwell today hide the fact. It's a dangerous road to go down. Provided you are honest and constructive there's no reason you can't improve (even when you win)

One more small favour, if anyone wants to come on, quote me and just say bollocks/bull shit/rubbish please tell me what parts and debate it instead of the super fan attitude as these aren't fickle/knee-jerk reactions. Take a look in the match day thread and see the frustration in real time. Every comment is totally justified and a last minute winner doesn't change the issues we need to iron out.

Your overthinking it just a wee bit mate..We are winning..Back when we lost at home to Annan it seemed this would never come again. I do agree with 99% of your OP. I really do..But it could be worse..we could be mhanks full of delusion and self harming..Lets just be happy BEARS..Wise enough to not get carried away but confident that this Team and Manager will get things right. Progress rather than Perfection..

Just now, K.A.I said:

I don't really think Holt's are great as people make him out to be but I'm starting to think it's that bit of drive that's actually missing.

Doesn't need to be Holt any of our midfield you mentioned who will pick the ball up and drive at the opposition team, even one of them making a run beyond the front 3 would be nice to see. 

Halliday was better than Barton today. Far better.

That midfield 3 doesn't work though. McKay was invisible again. Tav out of position for their goal. 

That first hour was the worst we've played in months. If we turn that in at tarrier towers they will murder us.

Drop Barton and McKay. Niko did make a few good passes when he came on, but is still far too unfit to make an impact the full season. Kenny Miller yet again banging another goal in. Rossiter is a fucking boss. O'Halloran will never make it at Rangers. Dodoo could be good if he's trained properly and learns to make the right decisions and use his body and head more.

Fuck the tims and we shall not be moved.

Same problems as usual.

Gifting the opposition easy chances.

Wrong midfield again. We need someone with energy in there that can get up and support the attackers. We were too slow and ridiculously uncreative.

The forward 3 that interchange weren't a forward 3 that done anything. Miller ran about everywhere that wasn't in the box. At one point we took a quick corner and Motherwell had 9 players in the box, we had 0, not a single player.

The 4-3-3 was again today a glorified 4-5-1 as the 2 other forwards done little but stay out at the wing.

Need to sort this shit out asap or we'll be struggling for 2nd place never mind any half decent challenge for the title.

14 minutes ago, TheQueensEleven said:

I would have Krankjar instead of Barton. Other then that, Totally agree.