I've re watched the game

cameron1873

2 hours ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

At the moment fighting for 4th unless this mess gets sorted sharpish.  Barring the odd 20 minutes or so each game we've been terrible all season.  And this has carried on from the last couple of months from last season.  Worrying stuff minstral.

Time to get the head out the sand.

The fact our defence has not been sorted during the summer is hellish and our general play is suffering because of it IMO. :( 

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, cameron1873 said:

However considering what we have spent compared to them there was large parts of that game were we matched them.

Means nothing when we lose 5-1. For large parts of previous games Hamilton, Dundee, Motherwell and Kilmarnock matched us. I think that says more about where we are at the moment.

2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

defensively we were not terrible, yet you call the first goal criminal, the 2nd you blame on the centre half and the third you blame on the space between defence and midfield where our defensive mid is supposed to be

to me that screams we were fucking god awful at the back

There was a picture on twitter that showed the positioning at the back.

Barton and Kiernan were just about at the halfway line, Senderos was further behind with 3, that's right 3 Celtic players on the same line as he was. 

38 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

To be honest - I can't remember the last time I panicked about anything! I tend to be very patient and don't flap in adversity.

mw needs to get his squad gelling but the time to evaluate is the end of the season not this hate fest of change that folk want to indulge in. 

and what if we are 5th come january? do we still wait to evaluate the squad then or do we act before it goes tits up, remember how it was under PLG (who i actually backed to change the clubs outlook, and even he had the ability to say "well we are unbeaten in europe including games away in italy and france")

7 points behind, probably more by the time the weans go out trick or treating, i doubt even mcleish had us that far off the pace with no other distractions

16 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

The fact our defence has not been sorted during the summer is hellish and our general play is suffering because of it IMO. :( 

and team selection is abominable.

In a way I can feel sorry for the man, as he is cash restrained, but he is intent on becoming his own worst enemy with his selections and rantings.

If he actually thinks he can overtake the scum on such a limited budget with signings from the lower reaches, he is deluded. Yesterday should be his final wake up call. We will never win the league with this squad, but at least show us some decent football with what we have got and kill off those teams outwith the scum like we should be doing. If he fails to learn the lesson and does not make the necessary changes then he needs to be off, end of.

19 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Funny that there is thread on this because I was thinking of doing this but can't bring myself to do it. I'm sure your perspective has been affected, because it happens to me when I watch the matches on RTV; this one is too hard to take though.

if you watch the first 25 mins i think you would be pleasantly surprised 

I don't think I could rewatch the game. My main gripe was that we didn't pressure Celtic when they had the ball.

I think a striker should always chase down the keeper as well and try to force the error.

We instead appeared to pull back inviting the attack and giving them time to play the ball. 

3 hours ago, cameron1873 said:

| suggest others on here do the same (if they can stomach it) 

I found it a helpful exercise actually. I am someone who enjoys the analytical side of the game so i routinely watch games after the hype good or bad. And although the scoreline was very very bad at times the performance was not. I do expect a bit of abuse over this post because it wont be a sack warburton/the whole team is pish post because what use is that. Nobody thought it would be easy this year or the following few. The fact is we are at a financially disadvantage straight off the bat.

Yesterday for the first 20 mins i thought we looked good. We matched celtic and had a few good openings down the left that didnt come to much but imo showed there was an opportunity to exploit celtic. Before i watched the game back it felt like we were getting caught on the ball constantly but in fact in the first 20 mins we got caught once. Yes, our passing could of been faster and crisper but we were doing okay. Defensively and also pushing forward without any real threat. Kiernan passing though was a let down all day. Celtic had barely penetrated our defense and we had limited them to shot from outside the box. From 20-30 mins we were under pressure but again without any real penetration. The first real time they got through then they win a corner which our defending led them to score an easy header. This is absolutely criminal. It needs fixed by warburton fucking quickly. I felt this rattled us a bit and straight from kick of we loose the ball but we get through it and start pushing forward again doing well. Kiernan shit pass out fucked us again. But except from that i thought we had a decent enough 1st half considering the players we have and it was their 1st time at parkhead.

Thankfully warburton seen sense and subbed Kranjcar. Watching it back you could actually see DW speak to Halliday on the 35 min mark giving him the nod. This was good to see because without doubt he was our worst player. The rest had an okay 1st half. Windass the easy standout.

The second half again we started well passing the ball, being brave. However, we were allowing far too much space between our midfield and defense. They had a few chance to run at our defense. Eventually getting a goal from this. Surely MW or players on the park could notice this and try and sort it on the park. They get a 3rd goal and when Kiernan goes off we are basically all over the place for a couple mins. Senderos get the red and basically its how many do they want to score.

Defensively we were not terrible. The first half we contained them pretty comfortably for 30mins imo. and if it wasnt for stupid mistakes i dont think they would have scored. Our organisation looked okay considering. Kiernan passing is whoful but he did make a good couple tackles and headers. Senderos was also okay except from his stupidity. 

My conclusion is this we are around four better first team players short of seriously competing. We are not miles off them. People need to remember where we have came from. Its not an overnight job. MW made 1 big mistake yesterday and that was picking Kranjcar i dont know what he was thinking but except from the the team looked well coached for that game. Minus the corner. 

MW is a very good coach and extremely good for this club dont forget that. We need investment and if we dont these scorelines will become common place. However considering what we have spent compared to them there was large parts of that game were we matched them. And considering this is our first year back that is promising. 

I dont think they were actually that good yesterday. They just punished us when we made mistakes

Never get too high after a victory and too low after a defeat. It could be worse, we could of been standing watching the game is a bin bag for 90mins.   

And no i am not MW, DW or DK 

More reasoned post, after the anger has subsided.......a little.

I know many won't, but I also agree with MW's decision after we went 3-1 down. I'd rather have a go than try and settle for the 3-1. Due to the red card it didn't work, maybe it wouldn't have anyway, but I'd prefer my team to have that go, not just go damage limitation. 

The heads dropped after the third goal went in. Unfortunately for us, there was still half-an-hour on the clock for them to score another couple. I thought our best period of play was the first 15 minutes of the second half, when we pushed up the park and started taking the game to them. If wee Barrie's effort finds the inside of the post, maybe it would've been a different game, but I doubt it with Kiernan and Senderos fucking it up at the back.

47 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

and what if we are 5th come january? do we still wait to evaluate the squad then or do we act before it goes tits up, remember how it was under PLG (who i actually backed to change the clubs outlook, and even he had the ability to say "well we are unbeaten in europe including games away in italy and france")

7 points behind, probably more by the time the weans go out trick or treating, i doubt even mcleish had us that far off the pace with no other distractions

So let's wait till January - where I suspect we will be second but even at your mythical 5th a lot depends on the how's and why - we could be 5th but only 3 points of the top - we could be well off the pace - but I certainly ain't ready to panic over what might happen 

I pretty much agree with intial post. For me the score completely flattered them.

I thought we were ok for most of the game, and basically the 3rd goal and then Senderos' sending off killed the game. Up until those points, I thought they were better, but not exactly brilliant themselves.

On the day, they took their chances and had a striker on a very good 'on' day. Sometimes that happens when a player can't miss, just a shame it happened yesterday.

At 3-1 they had their tails up, and we had our heads down, and they pinched a couple of cheap goals. It's a shame, but we will get over it, and if we can take anything from the game, it is surely that bringing in 'experienced mercenaries' is not the route to go down. We are definitely behind them, but after 6 straight Champions League defeats, they will come back down to earth pretty rapid.

Time to roll up the sleeves, and get on with it. For me the league was always an unrealistic target. Yes, go for it, but it is too disrespectful to the other SPL teams to presume we would come back and pick up where we left. I said in one of my first posts a few weeks back I expected to be in the top 4 at the end of the season, I still think that would be not too bad, and anything above that a bonus, and hopefully keep improving and maybe next year we will be more ready.

4 hours ago, cameron1873 said:

| suggest others on here do the same (if they can stomach it) 

I found it a helpful exercise actually. I am someone who enjoys the analytical side of the game so i routinely watch games after the hype good or bad. And although the scoreline was very very bad at times the performance was not. I do expect a bit of abuse over this post because it wont be a sack warburton/the whole team is pish post because what use is that. Nobody thought it would be easy this year or the following few. The fact is we are at a financially disadvantage straight off the bat.

Yesterday for the first 20 mins i thought we looked good. We matched celtic and had a few good openings down the left that didnt come to much but imo showed there was an opportunity to exploit celtic. Before i watched the game back it felt like we were getting caught on the ball constantly but in fact in the first 20 mins we got caught once. Yes, our passing could of been faster and crisper but we were doing okay. Defensively and also pushing forward without any real threat. Kiernan passing though was a let down all day. Celtic had barely penetrated our defense and we had limited them to shot from outside the box. From 20-30 mins we were under pressure but again without any real penetration. The first real time they got through then they win a corner which our defending led them to score an easy header. This is absolutely criminal. It needs fixed by warburton fucking quickly. I felt this rattled us a bit and straight from kick of we loose the ball but we get through it and start pushing forward again doing well. Kiernan shit pass out fucked us again. But except from that i thought we had a decent enough 1st half considering the players we have and it was their 1st time at parkhead.

Thankfully warburton seen sense and subbed Kranjcar. Watching it back you could actually see DW speak to Halliday on the 35 min mark giving him the nod. This was good to see because without doubt he was our worst player. The rest had an okay 1st half. Windass the easy standout.

The second half again we started well passing the ball, being brave. However, we were allowing far too much space between our midfield and defense. They had a few chance to run at our defense. Eventually getting a goal from this. Surely MW or players on the park could notice this and try and sort it on the park. They get a 3rd goal and when Kiernan goes off we are basically all over the place for a couple mins. Senderos get the red and basically its how many do they want to score.

Defensively we were not terrible. The first half we contained them pretty comfortably for 30mins imo. and if it wasnt for stupid mistakes i dont think they would have scored. Our organisation looked okay considering. Kiernan passing is whoful but he did make a good couple tackles and headers. Senderos was also okay except from his stupidity. 

My conclusion is this we are around four better first team players short of seriously competing. We are not miles off them. People need to remember where we have came from. Its not an overnight job. MW made 1 big mistake yesterday and that was picking Kranjcar i dont know what he was thinking but except from the the team looked well coached for that game. Minus the corner. 

MW is a very good coach and extremely good for this club dont forget that. We need investment and if we dont these scorelines will become common place. However considering what we have spent compared to them there was large parts of that game were we matched them. And considering this is our first year back that is promising. 

I dont think they were actually that good yesterday. They just punished us when we made mistakes

Never get too high after a victory and too low after a defeat. It could be worse, we could of been standing watching the game is a bin bag for 90mins.   

And no i am not MW, DW or DK 

Both side have not shown anything close to what they are capable of. I believe that MW picked Barton and niko because of their experience,  I think that senderos was on a hiding to nothing,  I don't think he's good enough but that's another story.  Changing those two in midfield to rossiter and forrester / haliday and we have a totally different outcome.  

As I said on a different thread,  yesterday was always going to be an acid test for us,  now we know where we are and what needs to be done.  Selection is key Imo, rossiter should have started,  if he's good enough to play for Liverpool then he's good enough to play in the old firm. 

2 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

If he actually thinks he can overtake the scum on such a limited budget with signings from the lower reaches, he is deluded. Yesterday should be his final wake up call. We will never win the league with this squad, but at least show us some decent football with what we have got and kill off those teams outwith the scum like we should be doing. If he fails to learn the lesson and does not make the necessary changes then he needs to be off, end of.

Bet you wife or boyfriend or both are delighted when you go to work as your like a stuck record.:7326:

One thing for fucking sure is they were and are nothing fucking special. Makes it so much worse.

Seen quite a few suggest if Mckay puts a second in the net it'd be a different game... Kiernan and Senderos would've found a way of gifting those tarrier cunts another goal or 2 either way :disappointment:

I thought for the first 30 minutes or so our defending was quite good. We were getting stuck in and getting blocks on passes and shots around the area and dealing with an on form Forrest quite well. Unfortunately losing from the corner hit us but we did well to get the goal back and as has been said, if the Mckay shot was a couple of inches the other way it was in off the post and possibly could have been a different game. However at the end of the day we seem to be making the same mistakes every week and it needs sorted. I also dont know what O Halloran has to do to get in the team.

Can't bring myself to watch second half as it was not acceptable from our Manager 

However I did think we competed very well in first half .The only difference ,we had Rob Kiernan .To be fair he made some good challenges but he is no use in the air .He jumped like a fairy for their first goal and second was typical Rob .Misplaced pass out leaving us exposed .Did he not do more or less same thing last season at Easter road 

He has to go 

Thought every other player done a reasonable job up until their first goal .

All our mistakes IMO were made by our manager. .

Niko wasn't really involved in areas that could hurt them but he was ineffectual the whole half .

Garner and Windass had creditable OF debuts .

They were compact but nothing special first half .