Where were you when we got through to the Uefa League Final in 2008?

HeHaw

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Getstiffed said:

Watched it with my Dad. Just stared at him for ages thinking how glad I was that I was going to get to watch our team in a European cup final before his dementia kicked right in.

I bought 2 tickets on UEFA web site when we were in quarter finals. My auld Da had taken me home and away to games since i was 2. I thankfully had my opportunity to repay him, just a little, by taking him to Manchester.

It was Rangers that meant we always had something to do together and something to talk about in later years.

He passed away 2 years ago this month (tu)

Watched it in drop across from central station still to this day have not seen novo pen i could not look and anytime it's came on i still look away. Was in tears when whole pub went mad stayed out all night what a time. 

Just utter shite how it all went downhill with sfa not giving us more time off and in that week losing league to them up in Aberdeen and drawing with Motherwell 

Was in the house,  just put my two year old to bed and watched the penalties through my fingers....  It's was fuckin brutal watching,  like waiting for the worst ever news.  Then wee nacho steps up,  for some reason I knew he'd do it....  Ended up waking the kids I put and having the wife going bat shite at me.....  Good times ?

I watched it in the gaff maself and was running about mental and at one point fell to the ground with tears of complete joy. Then ran oot side shouting yaaassss.

watched all the away games in the gaff as I had it in my head that it was lucky watching it maself from earlier rounds.

when novo slotted home that penalty i was on my knees 5 inches from the tv tears sreaming down my face, just the thought that id get to see rangers in a european final was enough nevermind the fact that it was only down the road in manchester and not a chance was i not going to be there

by 8am next morning our work already had 47 holiday request forms in for the final :lol: every bear got a holiday for it

Watched it in the house, went daft when the wee man converted...

never got the final as everyone apart from me joined the travel club and hoovered the tickets :(

watched the game at Ibrox and it was a shambles with the bams running about the pitch and dicks fighting....never do that again :(

At my friends in Symington,she went upstairs cause she couldn't watch them,me and her husband  (accies fan) just sat in disbelief for what seemed an eternity but was in reality probably bout half a second before both going mental,don't know if I'll ever experience that kind of moment again,but I'll never forget it 

5 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

I was there - what a day and night in florence  - hairs in my neck still stand up watching this. It was a shit view of the game in general but the penalties was a good view. What a feeling when the whole squad ran towards us and big Sasa led the celebrations thereafter. 

Incidentally the Fiorentina fans were amazing after the game

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D28t_On2i8lE&ved=0ahUKEwiJnK6DzcvPAhUCKcAKHaGmB24QtwIIJDAD&usg=AFQjCNHJFNMNW3rNXmFTQqeC7e3I6w3DCQ

Think that could be ma baldy heed half way through that phone footage....best night off my life !! never forget folk running along the roofs of all the yellow busses wi flags flying high, and yes the Fiorentina fans and police, we're both fantastic towards us.

I was only 14. Sitting in my grans house myself on the phone to my dad and I just burst into tears when Novo's pen went in. My dad was crying down the phone. In 22 years that's the only time I've heard or seen my dad cry. That's when I knew what it meant. I'll never forget it.