Stuart Mccall

Smile

Does McCall deserve a transfer window  

478 members have voted

1. 1. Does McCall deserve a transfer window

I think mc call certainly seems to have stopped the rot but not playing that much better in my opinion

A little more unity thee but that will come once you get a settled side which is what gas happening

Good test next week so jury out for me

Yesterday was a vast improvement on the pitch aswell as last week to the usual shite which has been served over the last 3 years , actually trying to make our way up the pitch rather than just lumping it and hoping for the best .

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still far, far too early to judge McCall.

Any bounce in results with a new manager is usually a player attitude thing. Like a Sherwood effect. Takes months to actually see if a manager is any good.

Any bounce in results with a new manager is usually a player attitude thing. Like a Sherwood effect. Takes months to actually see if a manager is any good.

I like what I have seen so far. he has shown he can change tactics when needed, we are playing better football with a lot more width, nice to see Murdoch getting a run in the side and he seems to have players slowly regaining their confidence. Oh and he has discovered a new RB?

I like what I have seen so far. he has shown he can change tactics when needed, we are playing better football with a lot more width, nice to see Murdoch getting a run in the side and he seems to have players slowly regaining their confidence. Oh and he has discovered a new RB?

Yep agree with you that the early signs are positive

To be fair though it's hard to get the players to start performing when he's not a permanent appointment so I think he has done well

It's very early to judge him but I'd definitely give him another season.

He's turned around a group of players who were pretty much down and out. They look fitter and more organised straight away and he's shown he's not afraid to give younger players their chance.

It's a blessing that quite a lot of our duds are out of contract at the end of the season. I've faith McCall can replace these players very shrewdly on our tight budget and lay the foundations for the years ahead.

Defiantely exceeded my expectaions so far bit of a rocky first couple of games but now looks like hes got them playing well so hats of to the man I didnt think mourinho could get this lot playing something that resembles football!

If you go with a manager he deserves more than one window imo. Managers need time.

We signed him on a end of season contract though, You cannot just give someone a contract just because they beat Queen of The South or Hibs to promotion, We need to look at the bigger picture and the next 5-7 years! Would hate for Stuart to get the job only to be sacked 2 or 3 years down the line...get the right man in from day 1 next season.

We signed him on a end of season contract though, You cannot just give someone a contract just because they beat Queen of The South or Hibs to promotion, We need to look at the bigger picture and the next 5-7 years! Would hate for Stuart to get the job only to be sacked 2 or 3 years down the line...get the right man in from day 1 next season.

The guy doesn't appear to have much of a clue and as pointed out by many no plan b he can,t see where the problems lie during a as game so reshuffles for the next game

When it works it works when it doesn't it doesn't

Only good thing is that he does do "walking away"

I have a huge issue with him making exactly the same mistakes Ally McCoist made. Players out of position, no competition for places, sticking by same let downs week after week and being unable to change things through a match. He was never the man to take us forward and could go onto win every match from now till our first SPL match and he still won't be the right man. This level is not a test for any Rangers manager with the resources we enjoy over everyone else. It's simply not a level playing field yet we still manage to make it look so hard and laboured. 3 wins out of 6 in the Scottish 2nd division is embarrassing.

I have a huge issue with him making exactly the same mistakes Ally McCoist made. Players out of position, no competition for places, sticking by same let downs week after week and being unable to change things through a match. He was never the man to take us forward and could go onto win every match from now till our first SPL match and he still won't be the right man. This level is not a test for any Rangers manager with the resources we enjoy over everyone else. It's simply not a level playing field yet we still manage to make it look so hard and laboured. 3 wins out of 6 in the Scottish 2nd division is embarrassing.

I do too, but in some senses his hand is forced. There's guys not fit to wear the shirt, but who do you replace them with? One is as bad as the other.

He's given younger players a chance, and it's worked somewhat - although I'd like to see Gallagher involved. I also think he's got better performances from the likes of Law, Shiels and Miller who McCoist was unable to drag a half decent game out of.

I don't think he's doing a bad job, it's been ok given he's inherited the worst, most unmotivated group of overpaid arseholes I've ever seen. That said, I don't think he's the long term answer.

I voted other, if he gets us up he IMHO he should be offered a 1 year deal, after that year his performance can be evaluated to see how it's going, if he doing a good job we could look at a 2 or 3 year deal.

And under no circumstances offer a pissy rolling contract.

Absolutely.

A true legend of our 9 in a row era that gives you everything he's got - and then some.

I worship the very ground the man walks on.

Not to give him a fair crack of the whip would be an utter disgrace.

Bit like Ally and look what happened there.