10 Clubs You Like Apart From Rangers

bomber

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eintracht frankfurt cos I played for them, borussia monchen gladbach, cos they were my german team when I lived in germany.

Rochdale cos of my pals who waded into the hibs and Celtic with me, and for the hospitality of the locals when my game playing for southend got called off cos of snow at spotlands.club would only be responsible if we slept on the coach,4 of us fucked off and a family fed us and gave us a bed for the night.salt of the earth were the whilkes family, still friends to this day.

and linfield of course.

No Surrender

Rab

Carlisle United and Glentoran would be the only clubs whose results I actively look for. Sometimes go to Brunton with my mates and stand in the Warwick. Been to an Ajax game and admire them as a club but wouldn't say I actively support them in any real way.

I can't really call them 2nd teams as such because I don't even look out for their results or get worked up if they loose but there are clubs that I have a soft spot for and prefer to do well.

Hamburg - Because of the Rangers connection

Borussia Monchengladbach - They are the nearest club to where I am based and they send our camp free tickets so I have been to a few of their games

Espanyol - The 2007 UEFA Cup Final I met their defender Daniel Jarque and his mate the night before in Glasgow in a restaurant and they gave me an Espanyol top & scarf sufficed to say I was shocked to see reports that he had died a few years later.

Bayern Munich - I just admire they way they are run

Inter Milan - Just because being on holiday in Milan when I was wee and got their top from the San Siro

Ajax - I just admire the way they have achieved success throughout the years with attractive football and youth players.

Crusaders (soon to be champions, despite not getting money pumped into us by the IFA!)

Norn Irn (support the country you live in!)

Leeds (great team in the 70's)

Dortmund (lived there)

ps. Thanks Linfield for looking after our national stadium so well with all the money donated to you..

I can't really call them 2nd teams as such because I don't even look out for their results or get worked up if they loose but there are clubs that I have a soft spot for and prefer to do well.

Hamburg - Because of the Rangers connection

Borussia Monchengladbach - They are the nearest club to where I am based and they send our camp free tickets so I have been to a few of their games

Espanyol - The 2007 UEFA Cup Final I met their defender Daniel Jarque and his mate the night before in Glasgow in a restaurant and they gave me an Espanyol top & scarf sufficed to say I was shocked to see reports that he had died a few years later.

Bayern Munich - I just admire they way they are run

Inter Milan - Just because being on holiday in Milan when I was wee and got their top from the San Siro

Ajax - I just admire the way they have achieved success throughout the years with attractive football and youth players.

No cunt asked for "2nd teams"

Valencia for various reasons. Kempes, they way they played at Ibrox first time round, their colourful kit, and its much nicer than Barcelona.

Porto, and the Notts Forest and Ipswich teams of the 70/80s for proving how a smaller organised team can still compete with and beat the biggest clubs.

That's about it.

Apart from Rangers, Carlisle United are the only other team I support. I have tonnes of teams that I have a bit of a soft spot for, these include:

Dortmund (going back to 97 CL)

Fiorentina (but also pretty much any Italian team)

Racing Santander

HSV

Benfica

PSG

Ajax

Linfield

River Plate

Derby

Middlesbrough

Albion Rovers

Club Brugge

I also prefer Real Madrid over Barca and if I had to pick a team to win the Premiership it'd be Chelsea, as long as it wasn't any of the teams that wear Red.