How Many Predictions Have You Got Wrong On Here.

Smile

I can't remember there's probably that many. :lol:

Backing Green for as long as I did.

Thinking many of our signings in Division 3 would be good enough.

Believing McCall would get us promoted.

One thing I was pretty vocal about for so long was McCoist, didn't want him in charge after first Season.

I'm sure I've been horrifically wrong about plenty of players. From our own youths to players we've been linked to, I remember a few months back a thread linking us to Jason Puncheon was bumped and I thought he was shite!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew McCoist was a mistake. I had my concerns after we'd been knocked out of 3 cup competitons in a very short period of time. We were winning in the league but the general consensus was that we were playing poorly. The thing that made my mind up however was the Old Firm game at Parkhead which seen a Wallace goal wrongly chopped off. Jelavic was up top alone and there was about 50 yeards of space between him and the midfield. Celtic were camped in our half and were totally dominating possession. I thought McCoist would be telling the team to keep hold of the ball and for the midfielders to support Jelavic more. The camera zoomed up to McCoist and to my disillusionment he was shouting at Steven Davis to "get it in the box!". I knew then we were in trouble. I never thought things would get as bad as they did though. Totally fucking clueless just doesn't do it justice.

Given the resources been thrown behind McCoist it's the biggest fuck up i Rangers history. The stadium, the training ground, the wage bill,etc. I didn't think there was any chance of a team competitng with us for the lower league titles. I honestly thought it would've been harder to fail than to succeed. If you put Neil Lennon in charge of 3rd divison Rangers, gave him millons to spend, but told him not to earn promotion, he'd struggle! What Ally done is fucking miracle.

So yeah. I knew Ally was bad but fuck me was I wrong. He was a lot worse than that.

Knew he was all wrong when uncle Watty gave him the assistants job.

Not a Watty lover either. Thought he was a great disappointment after Souness. A one dimensional cheque book manager. Cost us 10IAR Also blame him for his negative tactics against Marseille.

One man up at Ibrox and always made substitutions that late, it wouldn't make a difference. Always played his favourites no matter how shite they were. Some great players at his disposal that gave us many great moments, but there should have more, if only for him.

European nights at Ibrox were phenominal, but so many times we were disappointed with the defensive ultra conservative tactics and that was against some of the shite teams. He was conservative by nature and no risk taker by any stretch. We should have done so much better in Europe and FFS, spare me the Manchester final. Another fine example and another chance lost. I will give him credit on his second coming when we won through in the face of adversity and pretty much skint.

My view, controversial maybe but I don't give a fuck. I just like meat and two veg attacking football? He was a lucky man to be in the no. 2 job when Souness left.

I thought Ally would play fast, attacking football.

I thought CW, then CG would do well .. how f'kin wrong was I ?

I thought it would be tough in championship but we would have enough to win.

Thought Temps would be a star

I thought we would play Dallas Cowboys in a football-v-football match .. so disappointed

And a few others too ..

Too many to mention, although not as many as I'd expected as some were reluctant support. I suppose it's all to do with that 'loyalty' thing. You feel you have to because it's your team.

Press ganged into being an idiot, who'd have predicted that?

I was right about green but wrong about McCoist. I thought he would have done well but even after he failed I thought he would have did the right thing when King & Co came in. How wrong was I? I also thought Hearts would have fkd up and that we would have won the championship at a canter. I thought Boyd would score for fun and then I thought we would hammer Motherwell :(

I'm worried because I honestly think W&W will do really well! I suppose I have to be right every now and then.............

Before a ball was kicked last season one of the boys in the pub wanted a £100 bet Rangers wouldn't win the league.

My brother dived in and took the bet and offered me half the bet which I declined, I had Sussed out we were not going anywhere fast under ally so I never made any of the rash predictions.