Sky Sources: McCoist Tenders Resignation

Has he not been sacked from every club he's went to?

Not exactly what we are looking for

No. He's left Preston after doing a really good job to accept the job at Derby. He promoted them from the Championship against the odds but they weren't ready for the PL and couldn't compete. He resigned due to disagreements with the board. At Forest he had them competing in the play offs every years and was really revered by the fans before being unfairly sacked. Second spell didn't work out so well. He overachieved on small budgets and he's a modern manager though which is what we need as opposed to the old school boss. I'd be delighted to have him here.

Yes, a trained chimp would be better than ally.

However if we have a open space then we should wait for the ideal candidate not just the first one that's available.

I'd have Davies over Ally 100% but I'd rather wait to see who is all on the shortlist.

Don't think many chimps work. Just head round Glasgow zoo and grab the one throwing the least amount of faeces. Job done. Hopefully they don't dress it in trackies...

Where is all this Kenny Miller pish coming from? McCoist had years learning off Walter Smith and can't manage, what makes anyone think Kenny Miller can guide this team back to the SPFL in what time is left this season???

If and when McCoist does indeed go we need someone with a proven track record. Some one who can get the best from the players and is tactically aware.....that is not Kenny Miller!!

Dont want to state the obvious, once we identify a new manager we arent in any position to dictate terms. Its a negotiation and you have to come and go until you reach an agreement that suits both parties

Depends how much he wants to be your manager and how many other offers he has.

Where is all this Kenny Miller pish coming from? McCoist had years learning off Walter Smith and can't manage, what makes anyone think Kenny Miller can guide this team back to the SPFL in what time is left this season???

If and when McCoist does indeed go we need someone with a proven track record. Some one who can get the best from the players and is tactically aware.....that is not Kenny Miller!!

I would think Ian Durrant would take over on a caretaker basis until Stuart McCall gets offered it.

It's doing my tits in.

A bit of passion doesn't mean you would be good at the job, plus I don't want an ex celt*c player managing my club.

BBC Sport understands Rangers will reject Ally McCoist's letter of resignation. Most of the board are in London for the next 48 hours and no talks are planned.

Wonder why most of the board are in London?

I'm wondering if something else has happened that we are unaware of as yet