***the Official Rangers Vs Raith Rovers Match Thread***

Absolutely fucking awful when is this gonna end?? I remember the last days of big ecks reign and how bad that was but this lot are really something else. Do they even care???

I remember the dark days of the 80's when I was in despair and wondering how the hell we were going to get out of the hell we were in at that point, but that was nothing compared to where we find ourselves in at this point in time.

Back then we had something to build on, even before David Holmes and Souness, but this shambles we find ourselves in is 100 times worse than those dark days, I honestly think it will take years to sort this mess out.

My biggest fear is what is going on in the boardroom, what is the game plan, I honestly believe if it doesn't get sorted out very soon then it may be too late and we could be witnessing the death rattle of our club, I hope to God I'm not being melodramatic but this situation we find ourselves in is scaring the crap out of me.

Just back from game, got a ticket for main stand front as copeland rear was shut so i was looking forward to the game today, totally fuckin deflated, gutless, cowardice and look as they dont give a fuck,i can understand why no one gets off there arse to go to games now.

Absolutely fucking bogging. Foster, Law, McDowall, McCulloch, Black etc. I'd happily never see them again the feckless cunts. Wankers to a man and a shamblolic shower of shite. Fuck Mccoist too the rat. Fucked us over big time and is better off than any one on this forum who spends their money paying to watch that bollocks.

Absolute horror watching Rangers these days, it's not a question of whether we win now, just how much damage we can stop. Hibees are going to have a party on Friday and are very close to overtaking us in the league.

There's absolutely no way I can write about all the shite on that field today without being here forever, but subbing Daly with Boyd, instead of hoofing Miller was one mistake that shows McDowell is as clueless as Ally was. In fact, I'd expect Ally to have made a better choice. Foster was also real pish and I was happy to see Black going off as he seemed to spend more time on his arse than attacking the team he was trying to beat.

Complete and utter shite all round to be honest.

Just back from game, got a ticket for main stand front as copeland rear was shut so i was looking forward to the game today, totally fuckin deflated, gutless, cowardice and look as they dont give a fuck,i can understand why no one gets off there arse to go to games now.

Yep sums up the Team and alleged coaches.

Just back home from the game and having just witnessed another inept performance from a bunch of guys who are just not good enough i'm starting to dread the Hibs game already.

Only plus signs were the appearance of young Murdoch who looks the part and the big No-10 who has the potential of being a future match winner.

I don't think we have a very high standard of youngsters. That's what I'm saying - it isn't tactics or not picking the right players. All our players are very poor indeed. We are a terrible football team right now. Too early to judge the Newcastle lads obvs, but I'm not optimistic about them either.

Our players maybe poor but they are not worse than the vast majority in that division FFS

Foster, McCulloch, McGregor, Law,Black,Wallace,Templeton, Boyd, Shiels,Miller, Boyd, Daly ALL played in a higher league and looked far better than they do now.

It is down to shit coaching and management without a doubt

McDowall picked the team

McDowall picked the tactics

MCdowall had the chance to at least try to change something but hasn't done a thing

Nobody will convince me Raith fukin Rovers have better players than us ( dire as they are) so somebody has to take the can

He should not have even made the dressing room after that game before being s

They are not that poor compared to the opposition today

No motivation, no fear of losing or being dropped and that can only go down to the complete incompetent in charge

Young Murdoch showed more in ten minutes than some others in the whole match so why has he not been given a chance before? Why have more youngsters not at least been given a shot?

Did we play the right tactics today and if not what should they have been?

Did we play the right tactics today?

You mean one up front and that one is a lumbering centre forward with no movement and with no wingers to actually cross the ball to him which is his only strength?

Or do you mean replacing him with an inferior version still with no service?

Are you at the wind up?

Hutton has no mobility no technique doesn't look at whats happening before he gets the ball and takes 3/5 touches when he does. There's junior players and others we all know they're names that are better than him out there that have been released by rangers who grew up in the same team as Hutton but the bigger boy who could push them out yhe way got the contract .

In the late sixties, as a snapper, I stood on the terracing at Ibrox and watched Rangers bear Raith Rovers 10-2. I lost count of the score at one point. This was during the Stein era at Parkhead, We had some good teams but Stein was always able to squeeze that wee bit more from his players and keep us at bay for what, 3-4 years to 71 the won just about everything.

Today, as an old cunt and having graduated to the stand I witnessed a bunch of impostors in blue shirts take on Raith Rovers at Ibrox and lose.

While I recognise that there is a degree of contributory negligence (principally a failure to act by CEs and board) the blame for this shambles lies at the door of McCoist. I absolutely despise and hate the cunt. Lying, incompetent fuckpig. He has done more damage to the club than Stein ever managed.

I don't ever want to see that arsehole at Ibrox ever again. If I see that cunt sitting in the stand I'm finished, unless he's paid in and that will be a first for McCoist at Ibrox.

Did we play the right tactics today?

You mean one up front and that one is a lumbering centre forward with no movement and with no wingers to actually cross the ball to him which is his only strength?

Or do you mean replacing him with an inferior version still with no service?

Are you at the wind up?

No I mean the tactic of keeping it on the deck and cutting out the long ball tactic which is a favourite moan of many.

It was a total disgrace it was if they were going through the motions and did not want to be there.

While we were freezing watching this crap.

We need a strong manager to kick this lot into place.

Also think some are in a huff due the Newcastle players arrival.

WE need to get back to basics.

No 1

Trapping/controlling the ball.

We could start off with bags of cement rather than a ball - This would give our guys more time to bring the "object" under their control.

No 2

Long ball/short ball.

Our players need to understand that there is a time for each of the above.

With a couple of minutes to go and we are a goal down at home in the Scottish Cup, is NOT the time to pass short passes across the back. THAT is the time to get the ball into the opposition box in the hope that something will happen. It is VERY unlikely to happen if we are passing the ball across the back on our 18 yard line.

No 3

A "long ball" doesn't need to be over the head of our striker - It CAN be played short to him to hold up. This tactic also makes it harder for the opposition defenders as they will probably have to foul our striker to get at the ball.

No 4

Free kicks/corners.

There is no rule that says these must hit the first defender. It is not an unfair advantage to hit these deeper or even back towards the penalty spot (corners) to give our players the chance to attack them (assuming we have players willing to do so).

Sick, just sick.

Another shocking display again, footballers are no better that wummen on their bad week, when one goes off they all go off, the team seems to have no heart, no spirit and no idea.

We need a new management team now, I'll back any board that brings one in next week