Nicky Law Would ‘Absolutely’ Sign A New Deal

LeeWallaceRFC

Law is out of contract at the end of this season, but he has told the Daily Record that he would ‘absolutely’ sign a new deal to keep him at Ibrox.

He said: “My contract is up at the end of the season and yes, absolutely, I would like to extend it. But it is down to myself to put on the performances to show to the manager that I deserve to be here because he has brought quite a few players in.”

Law has been one of the better performing Rangers players since his move to the club in 2013, and his all-round midfield player has been vital to their on pitch performances.

He was one of few players able to walk away at the end of last season with some respect left, having scored 13 goals in 54 games to be one of the Gers’ top scorers - despite being a midfielder.

He has started all three of the games this season under Mark Warburton, and looks to be a key member of the manager’s new set-up at Ibrox.

If he continues to play, it is likely that Law will be offered a new contract later this season, as Warburton will be keen to build a stable side with consistent performers.

At 27-years-old, Law is still yet to reach his peak, and he has shown in his spell with Motherwell that he has the faulty for the Premiership.

Warburton looks to have built an impressive side at Championship level, with Law central to his team building, and if he continues to impress with the Gers, the midfielder should be offered a new deal by the club in the coming months.

Do you think Law deserves a new Rangers contract?

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/08/10/nicky-law-discusses-whether-he-wants-to-extend-rangers-contract/?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure most people will come in here and say no but I wouldn't mind keeping him. Whether people see it or not he's been playing well this season and if he keeps it up the whole season why not.

Won't lose sleep over it if he goes but if he performs and stays then fine by me

He's been good so far this season, however the comment about him being one of the best performers....wit?!!! He was good the first five or six games in the second division season, then disappeared the rest.

"Law has been one of the better performing Rangers players since his move to the club in 2013, and his all-round midfield player has been vital to their on pitch performances."

WTF??? :lol:

I guess they mean in terms of goals as he's been our top scorer and that's from midfield.

He's been brutal all in all though.