Nicky Law Would ‘Absolutely’ Sign A New Deal

LeeWallaceRFC

well I'm in the minority because I think Law is a good player and will earn a new contract throughout this season. If/when we sign Allan then I will agree he is not a cert to start. He is the perfect age entering his prime whereas Holt & Halliday are still a work in progress albeit good ones. I think we need his experience and use him to his attributes.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He hasnt earned one as it stands.

He's going to have to be better than average every week to earn it, he does seem to be a lt happier now though.

This...Plus we need to be looking to improve the standard of player to compete at the top of the SPL hopefully,in the season after next.

Currently I'd suggest Nicky Law would be one that would make way for a higher standard of player,in next summer's transfer window.

Everyone's saying he's been good this season but I've not seen it at all. The games still pass him by I think. There's maybe been a slight improvement but nothing major. I've been trying to judge him based only on his performances this season but it's hard to forget how spineless and ineffective he was last season, so maybe I'm being overly critical and he is playing well but I can't see it.

To answer the question; no I wouldn't give him a deal :lol:

law was alright against hibs, seemingly decent against peterhead and imo he was bang average again on friday night

law always looked better at ibrox, with a wide open pitch, nowhere near a baying crowd both home and away wanting to get tore into him for being a shitebag, lets see how he does this weekend away to alloa and in future games away from home when its tight pitches, tighter stadiums and crowds that are almost on top of you

He no doubt will burst his hole this season in an effort to get a new deal then it'll be back to his usual pish. Not worth a first contract let alone a second. Disgraceful play last year where he thought nothing of passing shit balls to Murdoch and putting a youngster under pressure to save himself. I would have loved to play in midfield against him safe in the knowledge that you could run the length of the park with the ball knowing that a tackle of any sort would not be forthcoming...

His off-field performances last season were even more offensive than those on the field. He would need to have an unbelievable footballing year while keeping his gub shut to make up for that if it were my shout.

He's got off to a decent start though.

I don't think he is as bad as had been made out on here, but I don't think he is here for the long run. I think Law will possibly struggle to hold on to his position this season. I can see the possibility of other options evolving as the season progresses and him losing a starting place.

Came on to a game the past 3 games however he does still fade in games and when your playing alongside players like Andy Halliday and Jason Holt you realise how much this guy actually does fade in games. When he stands up to be counted and consistently shines then yes maybe he should be offered a new contract.