**** Official Kilmarnock v Rangers Match Thread ****

Hope its a similar team to yesterdays game, I would go with 

Wes

Tav - Kiernan - Wilson - Wallace

Holt - Law - Halliday

Forrester - Waggy - McKay

A victory will do me just fine and I hope we find our shooting boots again because Killie will play as the rest of them do.........everyone behind the ball, really important we take our easy chances and anything else created will be a bonus. Im going for 2- 0 Gers

40 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Yes but that's normally a Saturday and their schedule isn't listed us 

OK, wait and see, but doesn't look good.

30 minutes ago, 72barca said:

This is the club's twitter that I use online ...

https://twitter.com/RangersFC

It usually updates every minute or so.

Cheers, I don't do twitter, but can use that without signing up. Well, that and this thread (tu)

3 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

A win is another step towards Europe next season. I fully understand why MW took his eye of the ball regarding Alloa as to me this is the biggest match of the season so far.

The league is a given, I firmly believe that.

We are nowhere ready for Europe next season. It could actually cost us if we get drawn to some Eastern European former USSR country in a qualifying round. Concentrate on the League; spend to improve the squad over the next 3 windows and we should be ready the following season, provided we get a striker who can convert the chances we create.

38 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

We are nowhere ready for Europe next season. It could actually cost us if we get drawn to some Eastern European former USSR country in a qualifying round. Concentrate on the League; spend to improve the squad over the next 3 windows and we should be ready the following season, provided we get a striker who can convert the chances we create.

You could be right but our players would  learn from the experience especially the ones who haven't had the chance.

I would also like to think that next season we will have at least 2 or 3 players bought, who already have European match time.

It's also a big selling point for any players thinking about signing.

Europe at the earliest opportunity is a no brainer IMO.

14 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

You could be right but our players would  learn from the experience especially the ones who haven't had the chance.

I would also like to think that next season we will have at least 2 or 3 players bought, who already have European match time.

Agree with this, European qualification would make the season far more exciting and would be invaluable for our young squad in terms of gaining experience.

I imagine we will be looking to use the loan market again next year and surely being able to offer European football would also be a huge plus point to the parent club(s) of the player(s) we want to bring in?

19 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I was at Ibrox when we were beaten 3 - 6 (4 - 12 aggregate) by Eintracht Frankfurt and we were a good team these days. I don't want to see that again.

3 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

I was at Ibrox when we were beaten 3 - 6 (4 - 12 aggregate) by Eintracht Frankfurt and we were a good team these days. I don't want to see that again.

Think you are safe, Eintracht Frankfurt are around 15th in the Bundesliga so not much chance of being in Europe.

Understand your concerns but Europe would be the icing on the cake if we could lift the Scottish Cup after what we've been through.  It'd be a risk but one I can live with.

7 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Think you are safe, Eintracht Frankfurt are around 15th in the Bundesliga so not much chance of being in Europe.

Understand your concerns but Europe would be the icing on the cake if we could lift the Scottish Cup after what we've been through.  It'd be a risk but one I can live with.

I'd  rather Rangers were feared again in Europe rather than be a laughing stock like them across the city but each to his own.

Buzzing for Tuesday although I reckon it'll be a close game but fancy us to sneak it 2-1 with Holt being the difference.

My team would be:

Foderingham

Tavernier

Kiernan

Wilson

Wallace

Holt

Ball

Halliday

Waghorn

Miller

McKay

3 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

I'd  rather Rangers were feared again in Europe rather than be a laughing stock like them across the city but each to his own.

We have to be playing in Europe before anyone will hear of us, let alone fear us.  Sadly the days of anyone fearing Scottish teams is from a bygone era.  Most of Europe has progressed while Scottish football has gone backwards.  

My hope is that we can once again reach a point, under MW, where Europe notices Glasgow Rangers once more.  Only achievable though direct competition.

Not sure if you are saying that it would be preferable not to win the Scottish Cup?

2 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

We have to be playing in Europe before anyone will hear of us, let alone fear us.  Sadly the days of anyone fearing Scottish teams is from a bygone era.  Most of Europe has progressed while Scottish football has gone backwards.  

My hope is that we can once again reach a point, under MW, where Europe notices Glasgow Rangers once more.  Only achievable though direct competition.

Not sure if you are saying that it would be preferable not to win the Scottish Cup?

Not at all but, to be honest, don't see it this year due to not being able to sign a striker during the last window.

Foderingham

Tavernier Kiernan Wilson Wallace

Law Halliday Holt

Forrester Waghorn McKay

Hopefully we have our shooting boots on, the last thing we need is this going to extra time. Hard to choose between Forrester/Waghorn/Miller but if we've not scored come the hour mark get Miller on.

1 hour ago, Amato said:

Agree with this, European qualification would make the season far more exciting and would be invaluable for our young squad in terms of gaining experience.

I imagine we will be looking to use the loan market again next year and surely being able to offer European football would also be a huge plus point to the parent club(s) of the player(s) we want to bring in?

It would be brilliant for the Bears also 

2 hours ago, Corky True Legend said:

Afraid ? We've got nothing to lose and everything to gain. 

A couple of competitive early qualifying rounds would be better than friendlies,would give the team a real challenge, improve our early season fitness and commitment, we'd be upand running before the league starts. 

And there would probably be a full house at Ibrox for the game (s) and possibly TV money to pay for it. 

Most importantly it would be great for us fans. 

However we need to win the cup first, which would be one of our greatest achievements if it happens.