All Barton Chat.

theiconicman

He's 34.

You wont get much £ for him now especially after all of this.

It's clear we want rid so the bargaining position isn't their either because we need to ship him ASAP as he's one of if not our highest earner.

Be lucky to get 500k or more, however I think this is destined to be a mutual termination.

2 minutes ago, Misteral said:

I apologise unreservedly

Just beacuase you apologise doesn't mean you're wrong and the other person's right

I have nothing to apologise for

Hardly putting the record straight. 

What I meant was he gave the jist of what happened, without too much detail in an attempt to stop the story growing arms and legs.

9 hours ago, Teamgers said:

Doesn't make MW look very good signing him does it!  Don't get me wrong I really like MW, and I hope he turns things around, but this has got to be his worst signing....

He was the player of the year for the club that got promoted to the Premier League.. MW will also have been in close contact with his mate (manager) about his behaviour and form.. This turned out to be a disaster, but it also could have turned out to be a master stroke on a free transfer, but sometimes things just dont work out. We move on.

3 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Burnley or a tpremership team fighting relegation,  Any championship club pushing for promotion , or let's just give him away shall we ?

We're not gonna get money for him even if he was still employed by Rangers when the transfer window opens. 

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

He's 34.

You wont get much £ for him now especially after all of this.

It's clear we want rid so the bargaining position isn't their either because we need to ship him ASAP as he's one of if not our highest earner.

Be lucky to get 500k or more, however I think this is destined to be a mutual termination.

Whatever happens its going to cost us.

1 hour ago, BloodRunsBlue said:

None of this shows Rangers in a good light :disappointment:

I wonder if this humongous fuck up will put off any future signings.

As a club, we seem to sinking down to the level of people like King and Barton.

fuck off mate,  Rangers have handled this pretty well IMO. Bartons the one being a cunt.

The only way I can see it detering a signing is if the signing knows he is a cunt and he wont get off with it here.

2 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Nobody will pay cash for this clown , just like we never.

He was out of contract when we got him.  

Buenley he was POY and they got promoted, they don't give a fuck about our shitty league down there and if he leaves January their will be a couple of clubs in for him.

Joey Barton is not a bag player overnight.

Just now, Copland bear said:

He was out of contract when we got him.  

Buenley he was POY and they got promoted, they don't give a fuck about our shitty league down there and if he leaves January their will be a couple of clubs in for him.

Joey Barton is not a bag player overnight.

Last line maybe correct , but hes been an absolute wanker all his life and everyone at the club knew it.

15 minutes ago, muldoon1690 said:

No way he knocked the taigs back, he's one of them. Probably touted himself over there once he knew we'd like to sign him..

image.gif

Thats basically what that Lawwell has came out and said now, that after Barton agreed to sign for us an agent contacted them saying he would rather sign for Cellic and asking if they were interested 

3 minutes ago, gogzy said:

fuck off mate,  Rangers have handled this pretty well IMO. Bartons the one being a cunt.

The only way I can see it detering a signing is if the signing knows he is a cunt and he wont get off with it here.

I disagree Gogzy. This will hang over our heads for at least a month now. While the BBC and the rhags have a field day with it.

Not good for the clubs image, and should have been well covered up or put to bed straight away.

Just now, therightway said:

Thats basically what that Lawwell has came out and said now, that after Barton agreed to sign for us an agent contacted them saying he would rather sign for Cellic and asking if they were interested 

What exactly has he said?? This is a fuckin joke now, hope to never see Barton in a Rangers jersey again. Total embarrassment

23 minutes ago, minstral said:

What a silly rule, as long as it does not affect the team you play for, there should not be a problem. To be honest, have never liked the guy, but it looks like that people are looking for any excuse to put the boot into him.

Lawell saying now he wanted to go to Celtic in the summer. Full media witch hunt out for him now 

2 minutes ago, BloodRunsBlue said:

I disagree Gogzy. This will hang over our heads for at least a month now. While the BBC and the rhags have a field day with it.

Not good for the clubs image, and should have been well covered up or put to bed straight away.

covered up?  not our style.

18 minutes ago, BloodRunsBlue said:

I'm no defending Barton's behavior, There's no doubt he's been a dick.

The barney with Halliday is fuck all imo. Happens every day in clubs up and down the country, and so it should after a hammering like we just had from the scum.

Disrespecting the manager is far more serious and deserving of punishment. When the manager talks all players should shut the fuck up.

The tweets and TalkSport I can understand., The story was growing arms and legs after it was leaked, and Barton said nothing wrong or disrespectful in either but simply put the record straight..

The betting is just stupid on Barton's part and again deserves the fine/ban that will come for it.

Even all together, that lot doesn't merit the fallout that's happening here. We are being led by the mhedia and hysteria of some fans who have blown this out of all proportion.

This would NEVER have happened with Dembele or Sinclair at the scum because the media wouldn't have pushed it that far. JB on the other hand is all over the bbc sport webpage.

Think back to when their high earning, over the hill, bit part player Commons had a similar public spat with Delia and a reported dressing room bust up with another player. The papers made a joke of it.

Sometimes we are our own enemy and shouldn't be. We have enough of them as it is.

Any player being suspended for 3 weeks is going to be subject to intense media speculation. 

We are all surmising because we know no facts. Which is right from the club.

We can say "it's fuck all" but we don't know if it is or isn't. 

The club are following disciplinary guidelines as per acas. This is all about Barton's conduct. We don't know what happened to discuss proportion.

Given that I believe if he doesn't walk he'll be sacked for gross misconduct then I'd suggest there's a lot gone on and more than has came to light through gossip or leaks.