All Barton Chat.

theiconicman

2 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

What's the problem? Was he involved in the match?

Good on him putting a wad on the tarriers to get pumped, Donate the winnings to the sick childrens unit and fuck them all Joey.

We have seen this time and again since they drove Souness out.

The fact he is suspended for 3 weeks it's now up to Joey, I hope he comes back fighting fit amd show all these Rangers haters.

I WILL STAND BY HIM AS LONG AS HE IS A RANGERS PLAYER.

Barton leaving? Barton sacked?  The tarriers would fucking love it,

Heres hoping we pump them Hogmanay with Barton at the heart of the team 

You realise that anyone involved in football in scotland cant bet on any games anywhere , its a stupid rule but 1 im sure every player is made aware of

2 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Time will tell - it might just spur him and the team on - doesn't come across as a quitter - perhaps others will up their game to prove him wrong. 

I really hope so. He could be a real asset to the club if he wants to be.  i'd use this as motivation to kick on and put a few past queen of the south tonight

THE RULES:

26.1 – “A club, official, Team Official or other member of Team Staff, player, referee or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall not gamble in any way on a football match.  Any such club or person found guilty of gambling of any description on football shall be deemed guilty of misconduct and shall be liable to such sanctions in respect thereof as are prescribed within the Judicial Panel Protocol.”

For avoidance of doubt, players should note that this prohibits betting on ANY football match, at ANY time and in ANY country.

http://pfascotland.co.uk/advice/pfa-scotland-on-gambling/

When he was signed I'll hold my hands up and admit that I bought into the hype. I looked at what he did for Burnley last season and thought "Aye he'll do a job up here no bother".

How wrong I was :lol: :power_of_anguish:

He can get to fuck right now,never mind this 3 week suspension shite.

15 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Every footballer has to responsibility not to bet - as ludicrous as that it.

Rangers have kept everything private and professional. 

What exactly have the club done wrong and why would that deter future signings?

This all kicked off because someone at Rangers leaked to the media.

If you read on here, all you see now is "great, now we can get rid of the fenian bastard without having to pay him a penny".

Just over a week ago JB was one of our own, and whats he done wrong?  Had a wee bet, fair enough, he broke the rules and should take the ban/fine that's coming to him, but too many are too quick to tear him apart.

Its bound to have an impact on how potential signings perceive the club.

6 hours ago, theblueoysterbar said:

This man does not "have such a wealth of experience at the top level". He's been around a bit, I'll give you that.

The only honours he has ever won in his career are three English Championship promotion medals... with Newcastle, QPR and Burnley.

At least he's got something to show his grandkids but it's not exactly "a wealth of experience at the top level".

Just because he hasn't won a lot in his career doesn't change the fact he has a wealth of experience at the top level. He's played over 400 games in his career and the majority of those have been in the top flight of one of the best leagues in the world.

If that's not a wealth of experience then I'm not sure what is.

14 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

You surprise me, because I'm surprised you can't see his time at Rangers appears well and truly up.

I have an opinion that if we all use this to fire the team up then it's no bad thing - if JB comes back he has the potential to make us stronger - if he is finished we just move on - it's no biggie I just think there is a player there and I, personally, would not give up on him quite so easily 

8 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

So the scum tried to sign him after they know we were in for him. One cunt of a club so fair play to him coming to us as again I'm sure they offered him more money than we did.

The guys still a Rangers player at the moment and a lot of people shouId remember that. 

Spot on, The media and the tarriers would love us to sack him.

At the very worst sell him in January for a couple of million and buy a replacement 

15 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

You realise that anyone involved in football in scotland cant bet on any games anywhere , its a stupid rule but 1 im sure every player is made aware of

But as a club have we made every new signing aware of this? 

Any monies he won he should donate to the children's sick unit from Celtic ?

1 hour ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

In hindsight Rangers should never have brought him in - MW goes to great lengths to explain how they examine a possible players character prior to signing - how come they've got this cunt; he's a fucking tosser of the highest order.

Hindsight is indeed a wonderful thing but we signed him because of his season with Burnley in the Championship where by all accounts he was a model player,role model, POTY and in the Championship's team of the year. It did appear that he was more mature and not the JB of old so I don't blame the management for signing him. We all wanted him to be successful but he has fucked up and is unlikely to play for us again. These things happen. 

6 minutes ago, BloodRunsBlue said:

This all kicked off because someone at Rangers leaked to the media.

If you read on here, all you see now is "great, now we can get rid of the fenian bastard without having to pay him a penny".

Just over a week ago JB was one of our own, and whats he done wrong?  Had a wee bet, fair enough, he broke the rules and should take the ban/fine that's coming to him, but too many are too quick to tear him apart.

Its bound to have an impact on how potential signings perceive the club.

Leak could have came from players, the cleaner, anyone.

Ridiculous to suggest the club is blame worthy and their actions will deter future players.

How about having a closer look at Barton's conduct.

An alleged barney with Halliday.  Allegedly disrespectful to gaffer. Tweeting about it and speaking on talksport.  The Guardian article. Betting.

Fitba performances aside, and religion totally ignored as I don't give a toss, that's the conduct of a knob.

10 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

The poster, to me, is saying the minority were getting slated for not wanting Barton and the majority have now finally understood the reasons why myself and others didn't want to sign him.

High wages

Nowhere near as good as people think

Age factor

No sell on value

Connection to the scum

And the main issue, he's a prick.

That being said I wish the minority was wrong and this whole garbage wasn't playing out just now.

Yup, I completely misread the post, tried to correct but my phone and this site don't mix well. My fault :P

1 hour ago, DavieAyrshire said:

Surley this cant be a huge ploy can it i mean its his own account on betfred then the shite at training and his books due out next week .All we here from him is he is an intelligent guy but he bets online with his own name/account  i would call that thick myself

Barton is intelligent?

He hides that well. 

5 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Spot on, The media and the tarriers would love us to sack him.

At the very worst sell him in January for a couple of million and buy a replacement 

Wit??? A couple of million who in there right mind is going to give us a couple of million for joey Barton :lol: