The Joey Barton Thread

Swagger

You can be forgiven for being stitched up by professional snakes like White and Green, but to be done up like a kipper by a gobshite like Barton is beyond embarrassing. The club bought pig in a poke after all the hard lessons learned from the Spivs, someone needs their arse toed.

Rangers midfielder Joey Barton has been signed off with stress and has not been seen at the club's training ground for nearly a week, Sky sources understand. The 34-year-old returned to Rangers last Thursday after a club-imposed suspension in the wake of a training ground bust-up in September. 

But despite Rangers saying "appropriate training arrangements would be made for him as long as he remains a Rangers player", he lasted just one day before receiving a sick-note from his doctor. 

I wonder if he thought "I'll show these cunts - I'll stick this out, embarrass them further and they will be the first to blink". Then he lasted a day as his resolve just melted away like the last snows of spring.

Just now, Bears r us said:

It sure will, but I would still like to know what caused it all. Not expecting to hear anything if I am honest. 

Yes - I should make clear I meant that from the point of view that he won't be either around training or in the background, possibly disrupting other players.

Like you, I'm keen to know just what's gone on!:541:

1 hour ago, Swagger said:

Shambles of a fucking club. Until the truth comes out I can't actually have a go at Barton. 

Shite on the pitch and a fucking mess off it. 

We are giving the rest of Scottish football a right fucking laugh. 

On a plus note I happened to be watching sky sports when the news broke that he was returning to training. Stuck it on here and it's got over 400 replies.

Ive hit the big time baby ????

Very strange comments. Reading between the lines that's tim comments 

:ph34r:

On the basis of the previous couple of seasons, I thought this would've proved to be a good signing. It's been a disaster plain and simple. A parting of the ways is the best way forward, because it's just become yet another embarrassment.

3 minutes ago, Vwbear said:

I wouldn't trust warburton to give out that wage tbh 

It's either he does or noone comes in. MW will be here in January barring some unimaginable catastrophe.

A loan till the summer would do.

10 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Yes - I should make clear I meant that from the point of view that he won't be either around training or in the background, possibly disrupting other players.

Like you, I'm keen to know just what's gone on!:541:

Yes I knew what you were meaning mate. (tu)

I am sure we would all like to know what has been going on but if there is a gagging bit in his pay off then I cannot see the club saying anything.