Rossiter

Bossorange

May not be a physical issue, could be depression or something in which case its hardly surprising that Warburton and the club won't say anything more. Remember when Chris Burke disappeared off the face of the planet with a mystery virus, don't think we were ever given a full medical analysis of whatever it was he had.

I personally don't think we'll see him this season and he'll then quietly move on for a token fee during the summer. After being our this long, even if he was to return to training in the mythical 10 days time it would take weeks even months to get up to match fitness.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Gaz52 said:

I think we need an official Rossiter thread pinned at the top of the forum. I'm sick of reading them 

The last answer from MW was it's a private medical issue. So give the guy some respect and privacy to deal with it and we'll maybe see him back one day, maybe not, let's just wait and see eh?

Far too sensible.

If the manager comes out and says "Jordan has a ====== and its not responding to treatment, he will be back 100% for next season" or similar, then we know whats what, instead of 10 days/ready for next match/training well/nearly there, the facts would be good.

1 hour ago, pcbear said:

If the manager comes out and says "Jordan has a ====== and its not responding to treatment, he will be back 100% for next season" or similar, then we know whats what, instead of 10 days/ready for next match/training well/nearly there, the facts would be good.

I agree with this, the 10 day think is making it far worse (and probably one of the reasons for all the threads being started on RM) for whatever might be wrong with the young lad from a fans point of view IMO.

If he has an illness (physical or psychological) of any kind then surely in 2017 people are not going to hold that against him ffs.

Sometimes the truth is best, but not sure if it will ever catch on. 

Here are the Warburton quotes about Rossiter's situation from the press conference at end of December for anyone who missed them at the time. Taken from Daily Mail article.

Warburton says: ‘Jordan has had niggling injuries and we have to find out the root cause of them, simple as that.

‘He has a fantastic future and when he plays for Rangers he will be here for years to come.

‘He is a top young talent and fans will be excited when they see him properly.

‘They have seen him six times and like that they see.

‘He is more frustrated than anybody it hasn’t been more, let me assure you of that.

‘But he can’t come back for two or three weeks and break down. Or three or four weeks and break down again.

‘We need to get him to a position where he knows he is fit and well.

‘He is 19-years-old, a young athlete and we have to get him right.

‘People talk in a derogatory manner about Jordan.

‘But no one loves playing football more than Jordan. To see the boys going out again this morning just kills him.

‘He is 19 and wants to play, but hopefully he has 15 years ahead of him or more and we have to make sure those 15 years happen.’

‘If he is fit and well in two weeks, fantastic. If he is longer, it is longer. We will do what is right to get Jordan fit for the long term.

‘The injury is private to the club, obviously, but right now the only factor is that he wants to play football and our job is to get him fit and well.

‘That is the job, to get to the root cause of it. The human body is different for everyone. It is frustrating and we have got a lot of people that are looking at it for all the players. Josh Windass had niggling injuries, why? A different training regime to what he is used to maybe.

‘Matt Crooks is the same. We look at every individual player and get to the problems

‘We have to get Jordan right, it is as simple as that.

‘He played in the summer for England and I spoke to Aidy Boothroyd and the staff and he was their best player, he was magnificent for England. ‘He did a great job, he played 90 minute games and in the games he played for us he looked fit and strong.

‘I’m delighted with him and we know what we have got in terms of quality and potential going forward.’

----------------------------------------------------------

Honestly don't know what to make of it. It's definitely a physical thing unless Warburton is lying. What could it possibly be though that could be a couple of weeks or could be an indefinite amount of time? Bizarre.

4 minutes ago, Amato said:

Here are the Warburton quotes about Rossiter's situation from the press conference at end of December for anyone who missed them at the time. Taken from Daily Mail article.

Warburton says: ‘Jordan has had niggling injuries and we have to find out the root cause of them, simple as that.

‘He has a fantastic future and when he plays for Rangers he will be here for years to come.

‘He is a top young talent and fans will be excited when they see him properly.

‘They have seen him six times and like that they see.

‘He is more frustrated than anybody it hasn’t been more, let me assure you of that.

‘But he can’t come back for two or three weeks and break down. Or three or four weeks and break down again.

‘We need to get him to a position where he knows he is fit and well.

‘He is 19-years-old, a young athlete and we have to get him right.

‘People talk in a derogatory manner about Jordan.

‘But no one loves playing football more than Jordan. To see the boys going out again this morning just kills him.

‘He is 19 and wants to play, but hopefully he has 15 years ahead of him or more and we have to make sure those 15 years happen.’

‘If he is fit and well in two weeks, fantastic. If he is longer, it is longer. We will do what is right to get Jordan fit for the long term.

‘The injury is private to the club, obviously, but right now the only factor is that he wants to play football and our job is to get him fit and well.

‘That is the job, to get to the root cause of it. The human body is different for everyone. It is frustrating and we have got a lot of people that are looking at it for all the players. Josh Windass had niggling injuries, why? A different training regime to what he is used to maybe.

‘Matt Crooks is the same. We look at every individual player and get to the problems

‘We have to get Jordan right, it is as simple as that.

‘He played in the summer for England and I spoke to Aidy Boothroyd and the staff and he was their best player, he was magnificent for England. ‘He did a great job, he played 90 minute games and in the games he played for us he looked fit and strong.

‘I’m delighted with him and we know what we have got in terms of quality and potential going forward.’

----------------------------------------------------------

Honestly don't know what to make of it. It's definitely a physical thing unless Warburton is lying. What could it possibly be though that could be a couple of weeks or could be an indefinite amount of time? Bizarre.

Apparently spasms or something similar in his muscles. He's had lots of similar muscle injuries so they will need to find out if its something he is doing mechanically (running style, weight distribution, etc) or something his body is predisposed to (an inherent weakness). If they can solve the problem then we have a great prospect. 

A time scale can't be put on it because he has to get to the root cause of recurring problems and work on methods that ease of rectify the issue

Or so Ive heard and surmised anyway!

2 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

Apparently spasms or something similar in his muscles. He's had lots of similar muscle injuries so they will need to find out if its something he is doing mechanically (running style, weight distribution, etc) or something his body is predisposed to (an inherent weakness). If they can solve the problem then we have a great prospect. 

A time scale can't be put on it because he has to get to the root cause of recurring problems and work on methods that ease of rectify the issue

Sounds like he's being a big jessie, throw him on against Motherwell

11 hours ago, Bears r us said:

I agree with this, the 10 day think is making it far worse (and probably one of the reasons for all the threads being started on RM) for whatever might be wrong with the young lad from a fans point of view IMO.

If he has an illness (physical or psychological) of any kind then surely in 2017 people are not going to hold that against him ffs.

Sometimes the truth is best, but not sure if it will ever catch on. 

If only mate.

10 hours ago, trueblueal said:

Maybe they're getting his loading wrong whilst trying to adjust his pitch geography.

Seriously though I think Rossiter will play for us again, hopefully this season! It is frustrating not knowing but I'm not sure they are obliged to tell us exactly whayt's wrong in every case.

16 hours ago, Easton82 said:

The fact we've just signed 2 midfielders on loan surely indicates he wnt be bck anytime soon! I'm starting 2 think he wnt ever play for rangers again. What is actually wrong wae him? Does anyone know for sure?

Although we've signed 2 midfielders, we've lost Barton, Crooks, Kranjcar and Rossiter from the midfield this season so I would suggest we would still have signed two even if we expect Rossiter back at some point!

Warburton came out straight away and told us about injuries to Garner, Kranjcar, Hill etc etc. He didn't say it's private. 

He said 10 days because he clearly thought it would be 10 days, he has no reason to lie. 

Something has obviously changed and it's a more serious issue than an injury. The fact RTV aren't even asking him about it anymore when updating fans on squad injuries tells me there's something not quite right.