The manager

kaiser1041

Just now, Valance1690 said:

Very happy with the win.

But we just ignoring the other 79 minutes we played against Aberdeen?

No, but Warburton wouldn't have been able to get a bang average team to be as counter-attacking and clinical as they were a few weeks ago. Not even close.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, ayrshireranger said:

No, but Warburton wouldn't have been able to get a bang average team to be as counter-attacking and clinical as they were a few weeks ago. Not even close.

Clinical against Aberdeen but that's a one off this season, doesn't matter if it's Warburton/Murty or Pedro

Only thing he's done so far is make the back 4 more solid, he's still not got a clue for the 6 players infront of the defence.

Waghorn starting is a joke. 

3 minutes ago, geneva_ger said:

Waggy and Garner. When have they ever cooked a good one. What is wrong with giving Dodoo a start up front. I'm glad Barry was benched. Halliday in any team, why?

That was my point but I did think 4-4-2 was a decent effort and was glad he changed early. 

I was asking out of interest, that's all. I would always start with Dodoo, and used to post time and again for him to get a game. I think you are right in the team you would have gone with.

I would have started with a different 11 but notwithstanding that the simple fact is they have better players than us. There were not strong options on the bench.

Time will tell regarding Caixinha, he isn't working with his own squad and out performances have improved slightly but for me he represents a budget appointment. This isn't his fault but without investment we will remain a 2nd/3rd placed side. 

His post match is quite telling, he knows the players shat it and didn't carry out his instructions, not much you can do as a manager if you set up your team and they don't turn up, all you can do is make subs to change it, which he did

42 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

For me this manager is not the man for Rangers, and I won't overtly go on about that, but I think we need someone with a proven record. If we were going to get rid of Warburton then it needed to be someone far better; I have my doubts that we have done that.

41 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Mate no disrespect but what could he do. Every single player isn't good enough for us. Its about getting to pre season asap and rebuilding our great club.

This is where I'm at, I'm totally on the fence. I think he could have done better with the starting line up. Not much better, but a bit better. The bottom line is, ALL our players are shite and need moved on ASAP.

He has to be judged on his own squad and that brings King into the equation. Next season is going to be a massive team effort (not just the players) and that will be the time to judge. I am concerned though that Pedro isn't getting it as much as I thought. I got the impression that he wasn't taking this as serious as he should have been. Only time will tell if he is a bull fighter or a bull shitter. But, the onus is not just on him. 

46 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

Cuddling & laughing with the trannie shagger at the end says it all! Fucking embarrassing! 

What? That He doesnt have an axe to grind? Shock horror.

He fucked his tactics early, we stood off them first half, let them play and by the time we got the right team on the park we were chasing the game, players are shite though, it pains me to say this but the worst thing we could do is win next week, it might give a lot of people inside Ibrox a false belief that we don't need a lot of strengthening, we do.

Difficult to judge the manager so early, particularly when he hasn't had opportunity to buy any players yet, but I felt he got team selection completely wrong today and left us open for an even worse result than we actually got.    I sympathise to some extent as we have completely lack of balance in the middle of the park, all the midfield players we have are too light and lack aggression.  Murty and even Warburton (to some extent) realised this, by putting Tav or Ball into the middle of the park when we played them to try and give the team some aggression and balance.  Neither are/were the answer but they did shore up the midfield in the games we came away with any sort of result.

The manager will ultimately be judged on who he brings in this summer.  If it is not a reasonably quick and robust centre-back and strong, aggressive centre midfield player it won't be long until he goes the same way as Warburton.

IMO he can send Hyndman back to  Bournemouth tomorrow.  Nice player but he is not what we need at present time given our limited financies.  Toral is a bit more robust but don't think he is the answer either.

I expected much more fight and passion in our play today and certainly not sitting off them the way we did, so I am very disappointed that Pedro could not sort that out for the game.

Having said that most of our players are not good enough and will never be good enough, so for me he has to be given money to buy better players and then he can be judged fairly. My concern is that he will not be given the amount of money required to sort out this shite squad that has been assembled.

6 hours ago, gers31 said:

No one can judge our manager until he gets his players in he wants he has inherited a bunch of shit bags that all need to get to fuck 

That only works if you have an ageing team who's best times are behind it, and the incoming manager has to rebuild it from the start with major investment, such as Advocaat's time; it will not work here because this is not, on the whole, an ageing side, and like it or not most of the players in our squad and youth set up are the ones he will have to work with mostly. He does not have the budget to rebuild, and if he has these players playing like that today there is nothing to suggest things are going to improve under him.

7 minutes ago, gers31 said:

No one can judge our manager until he gets his players in he wants he has inherited a bunch of shit bags that all need to get to fuck 

And when he does that and we fail again, we hire another guy and need to give him time to get rid of Pedros players and get his own in, then the same thing has to happen again and again and again, whilst Celtic lift 6, 7, 8, 9...........why can't we just appoint a proper established experienced manager who knows what he is doing? 

Nothing in Caixinhas CV merits getting the Rangers job. 

2 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Mate no disrespect but what could he do. Every single player isn't good enough for us. Its about getting to pre season asap and rebuilding our great club.

Agree 100% mate, the players looked out their depth and scared of everyone of their players. Only so much he can do with the shite that Warburton left behind. 

1 hour ago, ayrshireranger said:

being clinical is more about an individual player than a manager, Kenny Miller was clinical for Pedro but he was also clinical for Warburton and Walter Smith

2 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

And when he does that and we fail again, we hire another guy and need to give him time to get rid of Pedros players and get his own in, then the same thing has to happen again and again and again, whilst Celtic lift 6, 7, 8, 9...........why can't we just appoint a proper established experienced manager who knows what he is doing? 

Nothing in Caixinhas CV merits getting the Rangers job. 

I agree but surley you got to give the guy a chance he needs to improve the playing staff that is a must so its down to. King to stump up what he needs but that won't happen either we need decent players and just maybe he will do that can't be as bad as the players we got already 

He's inherited shite players,but his tactics at the start were fkn ridiculous ,and obviously changed it at half time so he knew he made an arse of it ,sitting back letting them play rather than pressing was baffling as was starting garner who is completely shite, what does dodoo have to do to start a game?  Got to give Pedro  time to bring in  his own players next season but tactically today was worrying

2 minutes ago, gers31 said:

I agree but surley you got to give the guy a chance he needs to improve the playing staff that is a must so its down to. King to stump up what he needs but that won't happen either we need decent players and just maybe he will do that can't be as bad as the players we got already 

We had to see an immediate difference to what we had seen before, he's come in and picked the same players in the same positions under the same formation. He hasn't changed anything at all. He's talked a good game, he's spun us nice sound bites but ultimately he's changed nothing. There's still no fire there, no fight, no dig, no change in these players or squad. I don't buy into how bad they are. They have shown on the odd occasion that they can play but Pedro really doesn't help himself. 

Celtic will continue to outspend us and it's unrealistic to expect us to accumulate a squad of better footballers than they have.  We play the same formation as they do with inferior players and that's simply not going to work given the gap in quality.  We need to find a way of winning on a budget.  I still maintain that turning us in to a more physical and direct team makes the most sense all things considered.  We can more realistically get guys who will battle and bully than guys who are gifted footballers.  I think we need CBs who can give us an areal threat at set-pieces, battlers in midfield, traditional wingers, and a striker who can score.  Celtic wont like coming up against a big physical team and neither will anyone else in this league.