Watford v Rangers

13 minutes ago, rfc_watp said:

He said he wanted to try a couple things this game anyway so it's as good a time as ever to experiment with it.

The more formations and tactics we are comfortable using the better tbh. Thank fuck we have moved on from plan B is to do plan A better.

I agree mate however having a plan A that in theory is effective is a starting point I seriously doubt we yet have. 

I wasn't there Saturday but if it went well, repeat it, build confidence, get the players building that understanding and trust - don't get me wrong the hope is that's done weeks ago and we are now experimenting but we haven't achieved that. I'm not necessarily critising, a lot of new players have came in. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

That fine mate but if your going to play that system you have to have the players to do it and Wilson is a liability. Why take that chance. 

I actually think there's a player in there, granted he needs to show it sooner rather than later but if Cardoso is what we're all hoping hopefully playing alongside him and Bruno would up his game.

6 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

Why? The amount of times we got bullied/overrun in the middle of the park last year, especially away from home was ridiculous. Wouldn't happen with those two. 

They can both play a bit as well, it's not as if all they do is win the ball back.

Watch the Progress game again - they are both defensive minded, cancel each other out, little creativity and both over rated especially Rossiter who's done zero 

Just now, Frank Harrison said:

I actually think there's a player in there, granted he needs to show it sooner rather than later but if Cardoso is what we're all hoping hopefully playing alongside him and Bruno would up his game.

You could be right about playing alongside Bruno. I thought we started well on Saturday then when the French took over a bit a change to a straight 4-4-2 put back in charge. 

It is great to see the team actually make a change and appear to know what the hell they are doing, instead of just keep on doing the same and hoping something happens. 

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Watch the Progress game again - they are both defensive minded, cancel each other out, little creativity and both over rated especially Rossiter who's done zero 

In a game like that I totally agree and at Ibrox/away at shite like Hamilton bring in Pena or Kranjcar but there are definitely times I'd like to see them both.

Guest Lloyd72
7 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Thought we were using Bisham Abbey. 

We are, I just assumed that was what watford's training ground was called :lol:

Guest Lloyd72
3 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

Watford train at London Colney at Arsenals old training ground.. Its a bit of a trek from Watford to Bisham Abbey.:happy:

So who trains at bisham abbey then?

48 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Totally agree with this.  I see what people are saying, we haven't had a midfield for about 4 seasons now so it is good these lads are both here for competition but unless we are going after a 0-0 for some reason then I would never play them together.  I think one of them sitting further back with a Dorrans alongside them.

I agree as well that Jack would seem to be the better player and has much more experience.  Rossiter is over hyped in my view.

Wes

Tav     Bruno     Cardoso    Wallace

Jack

Dorrans     Niko

Candeias                           Miller

Herrera/Morelos

At least until we sign Walker/Naismith

I think 3-5-2 could work for us but you need to have wing backs who work themselves into the ground.

They have licence to go forward but they have to work hard to get back in and with the amount of times Tav & Wallace manage to get caught out playing in a back four I'm not sure they would do that well enough to justify it.