Kaydubya11

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Neil McCann slams celtic fans for 'disgusting' abuse directed at him during his career

The Dundee boss, an ex-Rangers player, expects more stick in the Betfred Cup quarter-final at Dens but says he’ll handle it.

Neil McCann last night slammed celtic fans for firing “disgusting” abuse in his direction.

The Dundee boss, an ex-Rangers player, expects more stick in the Betfred Cup quarter-final at Dens but says he’ll handle it.

McCann, who grew up supporting celtic but joined Rangers in 1998 from Hearts, said: “I expect a nice cheery, warm welcome.

“It’s never changed since I’ve been playing football. I get the same adulation from the celtic fans.

“There’s nothing they can say to me that I haven’t heard before.

“I’ve heard some disgusting, despicable things but nothing they say will bother me.”

McCann’s men are massive underdogs in tonight’s Betfred Cup quarter-final despite a 3-2 Premiership win against St Johnstone that lifted them off the bottom.

But confident McCann said: “Somebody has got to stop them. Every manager who has come up against Brendan domestically has thought it’s going to be him.

“I think it’s going to be us but ultimately the players have to believe.

“I can give them all the encouragement and tactics you want but when they cross the line they’ve got to reach inside. Depending on which way the game is going that will have an impact on their mindset.

“I know the size of the task we’ve got in hand but I don’t have any fear.

“If we set up right we’re hard to break down but I don’t want us to have nothing going forward.

“We won’t play celtic at their own game though as there would be one winner.”

(from daily rhebel) 

15 minutes ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

I think he hates them as much as us now tbh.

We're apparently the bigots but if you grew up supporting celt*c, worshipping the pope and pull on a Rangers jersey you will see who the bigots are.

I'm sure Mo Johnstone said the abuse he got for being a catholic playing for Rangers was huge from the taig support. I'm sure McCann has had similar. 

For me C*ltic fans are for more bigoted and hateful. "hung out the flags of war", "know your place H** scum" and even hanging effigies of Rangers supporters. And that's just in recent memory.

12 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

I'm sure Mo Johnstone said the abuse he got for being a catholic playing for Rangers was huge from the taig support. I'm sure McCann has had similar. 

For me C*ltic fans are for more bigoted and hateful. "hung out the flags of war", "know your place H** scum" and even hanging effigies of Rangers supporters. And that's just in recent memory.

Aye he did, don't get me wrong he wasn't exactly accepted as one of our own when he signed for us but he's another one who found out what TGFITW are truly like when you decide to play for Rangers. Miller fucking hates them now too, you can tell that when he celebrates his goals against them.

We abuse Scoot broon as he's a fucking bellend, not because he supported us and played for them.

1 hour ago, siamthedanger said:

Was really happy for him getting the win against St Johnstone, a terrific pundit and a great servant as a player for us. Hopefully they can get a result tonight.

Spot on with that post.   A cracking player for us and I have great admiration for the wee man.  Hope he does well as a manager and would welcome him back to Ibrox any time.