Boyd

ianferguson

“I always talk about the two Rs when judging managers — recruitment and results — and Caixinha’s have been nothing short of shambolic,” the former Rangers player wrote in his column for the Scottish Sun.

“Yet no one has been talking about that over the last week. For me, Caixinha has taken on Miller as the biggest name at Ibrox to try and convince everyone he’s a tough guy.

“But Gers fans need to see through that. There was also the things he said to the home-based players about showing more togetherness with the foreign players.

“But if Caixinha expects the red carpet he’s kidding himself on.”

Boyd has predictably backed his old pal Miller here but for me his criticism of Pedro is way over the top . No way could you describe his "R & R" as shambolic even though it's not been up to standard yet. Why would any new manager of Rangers not expect the red carpet and why does Boyd find it acceptable that he can talk about the goings on of a private team meeting as if he was actually there, maybe someone has given him a first hand account, wonder who that could be .

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Goianegra said:

Who needs enemies. Imagine coming out with that 12 hours after a 4-1 win in which all scorers he recruited... 

Imagine big Eck had got the job and performed similarly to how  Pedro has so far , do you think Boyd would be so scathing ? Not a chance in hell , it'd be let's give him some time he'll come good . This is blatent xenophobia and no coincidence that Boyd has a past history of it with his backing of Ferguson over Le Guen.

Boyd, who couldn't kick his own arse while playing with Miller in his second spell, unsurprisingly sticking up for his mate. 

Although Boyd knows all about being a backstabbing bastard with his involvement in PLG going, so he is speaking from a position of authority at least.

Pedro made a mistake having Miller in the team for so long, he's been a hinderance more than a help.

Rather than a player just being dropped for being rubbish we have a drama, no doubt partly caused by Miller, and he's sent to play with the youths. A situation that shouldn't have been allowed to get so far.

It's a results business and if the results improve Miller will be forgotten about.

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

Boyd normally gives decent analysis but that is just absolute pish

Boyd has become quite a prominent pundit in Scottish football and his "shambolic" comment leaves him nowhere to go with Pedro but down . Sadly Boyd must pray Pedro fails or his thatch will have been for nothing as his credibility will suffer along with his tv career.

I dont feel the media etc give PC any respect. Its fair to say that we have had a poor start and PC should be criticised, but i feel it goes beyond that. Its all slanted towards PC being a silly foreigner. 

Scottish football is stuck in the gutter because we ostrisize anybody who is different. Our players take the huff when anything new or slightly different is done in training etc. You dont hear of this pish anywhere else. 

4 minutes ago, Brown Brogues said:

I dont feel the media etc give PC any respect. Its fair to say that we have had a poor start and PC should be criticised, but i feel it goes beyond that. Its all slanted towards PC being a silly foreigner. 

Scottish football is stuck in the gutter because we ostrisize anybody who is different. Our players take the huff when anything new or slightly different is done in training etc. You dont hear of this pish anywhere else. 

It's weird because off the top of my head Csaba Laszlo, Dick Advocaat, Paulo Sergio, and even PLG to an extent, got a lot of respect off the media as foreigners / non Scots. Csaba Laszlo was the golden boy of the press for a long time up there.

The press lately though have treated Deila, Warburton and Pedro as if they are mentally challenged. It's like Scottish football is in this bubble knowing that its absolutely shite but we'll do anything to hamper anyone who comes in with non-Scottish ideas.

The three managers above were / are not very good but there is not a lot of talent in Scotland going around, hence why we are linked with McInnes etc. I think it's almost some kind of pact between the players and managers - who give the journos stories and exclusives, and then in turn the media rubbish anyone from outside.

This can only mean one thing, he clearly has aspirations for a long career in the Scottish game as another superfluous hanger on "pundit" and what better way to be accepted among his celtic loving peers than put the boot into Rangers?

There must be something about being a prolific goal scorer that turns a guy into a cunt after his playing days are over, he can take his seat next to Ally and Terry, I hope they're fucking proud of themselves.