El Buffalo

KeyserSoze

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Love his tenacity, love his attitude. Gone off the boil a bit in terms of scoring but he is developing into a player who isn’t just about goals. 

A 4-3-1-2 is a shout with Herrera playing up top with him and Pena in behind. 

I doubt there would be many complaints if we go with the same team after playing pretty well tonight, but that would be a shout at Hampden. We'd need to go 3-4-1-2 tho imo.

Just now, WWTC said:

I doubt there would be many complaints if we go with the same team after playing pretty well tonight, but that would be a shout at Hampden. We'd need to go 3-4-1-2 tho imo.

McCrorie, Alves & Cardoso at the back?

i posted in the match thread it was interesting Pedro stuck McCrorie on as a sitting midfielder , didn’t know he was capable of playing that position 

19 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Love his tenacity, love his attitude. Gone off the boil a bit in terms of scoring but he is developing into a player who isn’t just about goals. 

A 4-3-1-2 is a shout with Herrera playing up top with him and Pena in behind. 

nah we'd get battered out wide, if we need to give him a partner then it has to be a 352 and simply defend everything thrown into the box from out wide

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

nah we'd get battered out wide, if we need to give him a partner then it has to be a 352 and simply defend everything thrown into the box from out wide

Agree wi this.

Morelos would benefit by having partner beside him, Pena would still have free reign to bomb into box.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Agree wi this.

Morelos would benefit by having partner beside him, Pena would still have free reign to bomb into box.

everyone assumes its hererra as his partner, i think candeias could play through the middle with his pace, morelos does the hold up, candeias gets in behind

19 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

McCrorie, Alves & Cardoso at the back?

i posted in the match thread it was interesting Pedro stuck McCrorie on as a sitting midfielder , didn’t know he was capable of playing that position 

Aye most likely. Im still unsure on Cardoso and think Alves with Wilson and McCrorie either side of him could actually be pretty solid, but Cardoso was alot better tonight. They all were.

Even at that, it'd be harsh on either Candieas or Tav by dropping one of them, which we'd obviously have to do to go 3 at the back. 

There are some strikers who if they're not scoring contribute fuck all. He's the opposite of that, works like a bastard, closes down, links up and is always looking for the ball in all positions. 

I predict he'll be a top player for us and we'll sell him on for a fuckload of money in a couple of years.

33 minutes ago, Amac9 said:

Seems to be the type of player who if he is going through a barren spell his head might drop but he will still give his all.

Hopefully starts scoring again. Still don't forget he's only 21.

His previous manager said as much when he signed that was a trait of his. For me it shows he demands high standards of himself and sees it as some sort of personal failure which can only be good for Rangers. The Wee guy works his arse off so the goals will come again I've no doubt 

On a side note it's a pity some of the back four don't apply the same demands on themselves when it comes to defending. 

13 minutes ago, The Beast said:

There are some strikers who if they're not scoring contribute fuck all. He's the opposite of that, works like a bastard, closes down, links up and is always looking for the ball in all positions. 

I predict he'll be a top player for us and we'll sell him on for a fuckload of money in a couple of years.

I hope he gets the bug and stays with us for much longer than that. 

42 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

They’ve developed a good understanding - helps that they’re both South American and presumably speak Spanish to each other. Played a few 1-2s and first time passes to where they thought the other would be and it came off a lot. 

I like big Herrera too. The footballing experts on here have written him off but he’s a handy player and that trio could be successful IMO. Would also mean we could drop Windass and play a 3 in midfield of Jack/Holt/Dorrans. 

I agree with all of this (except they are not both of South America :p: ) but what you say is right in my opinion. Morelos today was doing a lot of work and some of this work is what Herrera would have been doing if he was playing in forward 2 with him. A lot of the holding the ball up for Pena and other players to come into play is what Herrara I think can do especial with his size. If start to play with the 3 of Morelos/Herrera 2 with Pena playing near to them then with crosses into the box like Tavernier today we have 3 players that can all be dangerous and score. 

26 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Was just going to post that . Even when he's not scoring he's a big asset to the team . 

1 hour ago, WWTC said:

I'll complain if Windass is playing, M'well are a lot more physical than St. J so he would be a waste of a jersey.