Jason Holt

Marky.

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Funny how you slate Walkers goal return and mention how many penalties he scored, yet here you are hyping Dorrans scoring 2 pens and a deflected goal.

Also funny how you mention the 'fight' Moult shows yet you disregard the fight and heart Holt shows. Nothing like changing your view to suit your agenda eh?

Hope we do sign Moult btw.

Holt has shown almost no ability or fight since we got promoted 18 months ago.  I can appreciate that we've played well the last few games but most of these players need replaced.

You said Holt is an attacking midfielder but he looks more like a playmaker to me.  Jack has brought much needed 'dig'.  Dorrans, despite your criticisms, has been a real threat going forward and is possibly the best attacking midfielder we have.  I think we need Jack, and Dorrans, more than a playmaker.  There could be a case to be made for a three man midfield but if it's going to be two in the middle Jack and Dorrans should always start.  

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Holt has shown almost no ability or fight since we got promoted 18 months ago.  I can appreciate that we've played well the last few games but most of these players need replaced.

You said Holt is an attacking midfielder but he looks more like a playmaker to me.  Jack has brought much needed 'dig'.  Dorrans, despite your criticisms, has been a real threat going forward and is possibly the best attacking midfielder we have.  I think we need Jack, and Dorrans, more than a playmaker.  There could be a case to be made for a three man midfield but if it's going to be two in the middle Jack and Dorrans should always start.  

IMO Dorrans, but for literally two games, has been anonymous.

Within matches, Holt has been far more noticeable and positive on the whole. His heat-map would be crazy. Dorrans a big disappointment so far, but I’d expect more from him under Murty and the new manager. Giving the benefit of the doubt to him because I understand why people wouldn’t have been at their best under Caixinha.

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

He has neither the quality or the heart to play for Rangers.  Dorrans can score goals and the sooners he's back in the better.

I think he has the heart but lacks quality and is ridiculously lightweight. Constantly outmuscled by averagely built players.

23 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

I think he has the heart but lacks quality and is ridiculously lightweight. Constantly outmuscled by averagely built players.

I could forgive his lack of physicality if he was great at winning the ball or attacking but he isn't.  He's a link man and nothing more than a busier version of Zelalem.  We need a CAM in there who can create and score goals and Holt clearly isn't that type of player.  

He's the one player I feel uncomfortable criticising, because he has the heart of a lion, but he doesn't have the ability to take this club forward. Before we were demoted he wouldn't have even made the squad in a the midfield we had under a decade ago. No final ball, not creativity. For a midfielder he isn't good enough for Rangers.

I like Holt and among the current lot he's one I would keep. In saying that he's bullied too easily. Right now I'm sitting across from wee Doddie, one of the smallest Rangers legends, and I'm sure that even today he would have kicked the shit out of that Hamilton midfielder that pushed Holt aside in the second half like he was a wet paper bag 

On 05/11/2017 at 13:46, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

You said Holt is an attacking midfielder but he looks more like a playmaker to me. Jack  has brought much needed 'dig'.  Dorrans, despite your criticisms, has been a real threat going forward and is possibly the best attacking midfielder we have.  I think we need Jack, and Dorrans, more than a playmaker.  There could be a case to be made for a three man midfield but if it's going to be two in the middle Jack and Dorrans should always start.  

:mutley:

1 hour ago, Vanoli said:

He's absolutely useless btw. He has nothing in his locker outwith a sideways five yard pass. He gives off the impression that he has pace and energy purely because  he's a fucking dwarf that takes 5 steps to move a yard. 

What midfielder are you talking about now

Jack brings absolutely fuck all to Glasgow Rangers 

I think the jersey is too heavy for Jack as he has never performed m two games on the trott,  I had great hopes for him as a midfielder who digs in and wins the ball, the guy Docherty bullied him today as he did Holt.

3 hours ago, Turnberry18 said:

He's the one player I feel uncomfortable criticising, because he has the heart of a lion, but he doesn't have the ability to take this club forward. Before we were demoted he wouldn't have even made the squad in a the midfield we had under a decade ago. No final ball, not creativity. For a midfielder he isn't good enough for Rangers.

Runs a lot, contributes little - see why we got him for 65K

3 hours ago, Turnberry18 said:

Was giving him some, at the time, deserved praise a couple of weeks back - but said he had to keep on doing it.

I didn’t think his form would drop off a cliff after just one week off!

2 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Was giving him some, at the time, deserved praise a couple of weeks back - but said he had to keep on doing it.

I didn’t think his form would drop off a cliff after just one week off!

If Holt had a final ball, both to pass and score with, he'd be some player. Then again, wouldn't we all!

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

If Holt had a final ball, both to pass and score with, he'd be some player. Then again, wouldn't we all!

Aye!?

Shows the odd flash (goal v Killie, for example), but should be giving us a lot more.

"Jack has brought much needed dig"

I hope that's a joke?

10 minutes ago, gsa said:

"Jack has brought much needed did"

I hope that's a joke?

Worst part about that is Holt can atleast claim he’s played well and helped get a result against the taigs.

No fight is a funny one aswell, he might be bang average but he bursts his balls for us far more than most.