Were we right to sell McKay?

BlueSuedeSambas

3 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

right or wrong the fucking appaling thing for me is that we sold to a club whose manager has an open court case with us.

Well done to the board once again, just shows that their desparation to cover the deficit has no limits.

Is that not all sorted now? And wasn’t it at the time...?

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

right or wrong the fucking appaling thing for me is that we sold to a club whose manager has an open court case with us.

Well done to the board once again, just shows that their desparation to cover the deficit has no limits.

I think that's exactly the reason we did sell to them. 

We've not heard anymore about it.

46 minutes ago, Chineseboy said:

No. He was our best player by far. He is destined for bigger and better things, and fully expect him to be playing for a premiership team soon. The only  player at Ibrox who gave you excitement when he got the ball. Utterly amazes me how many of us failed to see how good the guy was. 

he was our best player by far - in one or two games a season. He was not even close to being the kind of consistency required and a complete passenger in far, far too many games.

I completely get people's views about his attitude and  not having a great season last year etc. but I personally would have kept him. He was the only player with any real quality last season and I feel we're still lacking that this season. 

This isn't me changing my view given how well he's doing and how shit we are, I said at the time I would have kept him. 

Agent is full of shite.

Forest willing to pay more my hole,  the player was unhappy, inconsistent and had the fans on his back for being a moody, lazy fucker and more importantly- his contract was running down.

That’s all they were willing to pay but where there is a chance to have a dig at our club then cunts like this won’t knock it back.

Barry M was too lightweight for the Scottish Premier League. Might he do well in the Italian B league or some country where flair is given a chance... maybe. In fact, probably yes. But up here Pedro at least gave us a team where the majority of players are now broadshouldered and wont be pushed over.

Unfortunately BM was part of a Warburton team that was (and I paraphrase Chewin The Fat)... Good guy, good guy, wank, pushover, lightweight, nancy boy, spice boy, good guy, an actual bhoy, pushover, pushover, lightweight ...

13 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

I completely get people's views about his attitude and  not having a great season last year etc. but I personally would have kept him. He was the only player with any real quality last season and I feel we're still lacking that this season. 

This isn't me changing my view given how well he's doing and how shit we are, I said at the time I would have kept him. 

don't worry, people are already lning up McRorie as the next fall guy

11 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

It was the right move to sell him, but we undersold him massively. 

He was linked with a £6million move to RB Leipzig after we played them. That may have been paper talk, but we shouldn't have sold him for 12 x less.

That was a load of crap from Jackson. A Bear contacted Leipzig pretending to be a journalist and they informed him they had no interest in McKay. If Oli Burke hadnt been signed by them that story would never have materialised.

As I said the only offer for McKay was from Forest. Rangers 1st team was too much for McKay.

The right manager in the right team he has huge potential. Needs to deliver consistently though. Was offered a new deal and decided he wanted to leave. Good luck to him.

Wouldn't surprise me if we jumped at the first offer like the amateurs we appear to have become.

21 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

He didn’t want to stay, and his contract was expiring.

It can be argued we should have got more money out of NF, but McKay didn’t want to be here anymore. 

Just now, graeme_4 said:

He didn’t want to stay, and his contract was expiring.

It can be argued we should have got more money out of NF, but McKay didn’t want to be here anymore. 

The way I read it was he wanted to stay but he was given an offer (when Warburton was in charge) which he rejected then there was no follow up. 

Obviously if he did genuinely want to go then the club were right to sell him.

34 minutes ago, Siwel said:

he couldn’t handle playing for Rangers but he’ll do well down south and earn a move to the premier league imo, I really hope we have a sell on fee clause in the deal.

I really don’t think he will. 

He’s got talent, but no heart. And also lacks physicality and any kind of consistency. 

I can’t see any club giving him regular game time in the EPL. He doesn’t even get in the Scotland squad at the moment. 

Just now, graeme_4 said:

I really don’t think he will. 

He’s got talent, but no heart. And also lacks physicality and any kind of consistency. 

I can’t see any club giving him regular game time in the EPL. He doesn’t even get in the Scotland squad at the moment. 

He’s been brilliant in the championship so far, no idea how he isn’t in the Scotland squad tbh. His talent will take him there despite his lack of heart, consistency will come with age.

No.  

IMO he was only sold as he was likely to command a decent fee, same as a couple of others that were sold.  Don't think Pedro wanted him out of the squad, but, wanted to bring in his own players and was told we needed to bring money in to accommodate that.  His desire to build his own team was greater than his desire to keep our decent players.  

Absolute shitebag of a boy who turned up maybe once every 8-10 games. No problem at all with him now playing elsewhere, in fact I’d have driven him but 500k was probably half of what we should of commanded for him especially given the fact they’d just sold a player for £15 million quid and had money to burn.