Ryan Jack Red

scottyc06

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Can’t the believe this has been so devisive. Red card all day long. We’d be saying red card all day long if it was on our player. Not intentional in my opinion but he’s endangered May if we are following the letter of the law. 

No May endangered himself by shirking out the challenge 

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

You can’t at that speed mate. If it was a soft 1 yard pass then fine but he steamed in and played the ball firmly to McCrorie. 

Totally agree.  If he tries to pull out after starting the challenge that is when he could have been hurt himself.

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

You can’t at that speed mate. If it was a soft 1 yard pass then fine but he steamed in and played the ball firmly to McCrorie. 

He doesn't  need to pass it at that speed though mate, mccrorie is two yards in front of him, mccrorie can't even control it there's that much force in it. Jack knows may is there and I believed he knows he's leaving his studs in. He also knows what the twist is for.

Shame as he was playing well but in my opinion he let it get to him and lost it. He could have played a calm simple pass but he chose to go in overly aggressive.

1 minute ago, kaiser1041 said:

On closer inspection may is late on jack and puts his leg in jacks path it’s both stupid and not a red

Exactly mate, if May didn't hesitate he would have got there quick and blocked the pass. To say Jack should be moving his foot or jumping out the way is daft considering he was playing the pass not may

6 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

To my ageing eyes

• its not even a 50/50 situation, nowhere near it
  • Jack arrives at the ball well before May.  
  • Arguably its May that is late in arriving at the scene and the ball is gone before his foot arrives at the place where Jack is after Jack had released the ball 
  • Jack 's looking in the direction he is intending to make a pass.  And it is a pass - side footed and measured and not just an almighty swipe just in the hopes of getting the ball first in a 50/50 type of situation.
  • Having made a controlled side-footed pass at pace what other realistic follow through is he meant to achieve other than the one he did.   
  • May was late and put himself in harms way.

It was a wrong decision by the referee to send Jack off. 

That's the way I seen it too, hopfully the compliance officer will too

29 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Don't talk pish, he could have broke May's leg. It was 100% the right decision in fact the more I see it the more I think Jack could have avoided it completely.

Clear we won't agree.

The only way Jack could have avoided it would have been not to make the tackle at all.  Is that what we have to do now, pull out of all tackles?

Jack played the ball in real time with no chance not to follow through into May. He lifts his foot away from May in a normal reaction time but looks worse as May has gone through him.The slow motion version with no time lapse shown makes it look as if Jack kept his foot in deliberately.

Wouldn't be happy if other way round cos he's my player but laws of the game say it's no foul by Jack.

If anything it's a foul on Jack with a late tackle by May that looks bad only because he wasn't committed and looks the victim.

Still, will be very surprised if rescinded as 3 in a season by the same player? They'll not want to admit that!

2 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

I know there’s always arseholes on this site, but I can’t believe anyone standing up for that decision. 

One of the worst sending offs I’ve seen.

Calling people arseholes because they’ve got a different opinion to you and can see the tackle objectively for what it is, a horrible one. Top bloke ??

3 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

He doesn't  need to pass it at that speed though mate, mccrorie is two yards in front of him, mccrorie can't even control it there's that much force in it. Jack knows may is there and I believed he knows he's leaving his studs in. He also knows what the twist is for.

Shame as he was playing well but in my opinion he let it get to him and lost it. He could have played a calm simple pass but he chose to go in overly aggressive.

Well he wasn't passing to McCrorie and if you had the slightest grasp of physics ye wid know his body spins round cause someone just clattered into one side of him.

If Jack meant to hurt the player he would of continued in the direction he was going. Instead he pulled his right foot back and pivoted putting the weight onto his left. 

May put himself into a dangerous situation and it could of been a lot worse. 

Never a sending off. 

4 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Mate the whole shirking out of a challenge is how you get hurt thing is one of the biggest myths in football! 

Clearly not!! 

If May goes into that tackle with any power he wouldnt have had Ryan Jacks studs on his leg! 

Archived