Walter behind the scenes?

superallysbears

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scenes when smoke is billowing from the piggery tunnel and when it settles Walter Smith walks out and sits in our dugout. The tarriers have 80% of the ball and 20 shots at the goal, Wes boots it up the pitch to Alves who heads it onto Morelos who chests it down and overhead kicks it to win it in the 94th minute. 

I would literally gee both ma balls for that :lol:

Keep believing

3 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

All of that does not necessarily make Murty the best choice for permanent manager.    A novice, learning from books and coaching manuals, sitting at the feet of more experienced football folks, coaching a development team are all well and good and all very useful on the pathway to becoming a first team manager.   But imo a learner manager, even one who can have invaluable chats with people like Walter, is not what Rangers need right now.   If he is the man the board appoint then fair enough. 

Think I'd rather have a man with a bit of grit who has the humility to be aware of what he doesn't know and is trying his best to get better than a guy like Warburton who went on and on about learning lessons and never learned a thing.

1 minute ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Can GM not just get his own credit for going - well - ok!  

He is 

hes also getting credit for picking Walter’s brains when it appears Warburton and Pedro were too stubborn (which ironically cost them)

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

I was taking the piss mate :lol:

The only thing that worries me about Murty is can he come down hard on players if need be? I think he might be too nice a guy

Noticed Wilson called him Murty in his presser so obviously is very friendly with the player which can sometimes be hard to shake off when you move up the chain

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

Scenes when smoke is billowing from the piggery tunnel and when it settles Walter Smith walks out and sits in our dugout. The tarriers have 80% of the ball and 20 shots at the goal, Wes boots it up the pitch to Alves who heads it onto Morelos who chests it down and overhead kicks it to win it in the 94th minute. 

I would literally gee both ma balls for that :lol:

Keep believing

Sortof happened but at Ibrox in 93rd min...

... EDU!!!!  

I doubt Walter Smith is advising him, unless Murty has asked him for his advice.

I think that Murty has someone in the main stand, who is watching the opponents set up, and advising Murty of any changes in formation.

It is easier to see how things are working out from higher up. It is why, when a manager gets a touchline ban, his team plays better, if he's able to keep in contact with the dugout, when he's sitting in the stand. Maybe it's also why we, the fans, see things before the staff in the dugout?

I remember when Smith used to give Ally control, in cup games, he'd still use Durrant as messenger when he wanted Ally to change things. Durrant  needed to be fit, as he was up, and down, the stairs quite a lot, especially in the 2nd half of games.

BTW I wouldn't ask Walter who he thinks should be next manager. After all he still defends Ally, and refuses to admit it was a mistake letting Ally take control. He still blames outside influences for any/ all of Ally's horrendous mistakes.

There's no way that Walter Smith would presume to tell Murty how to do his job. Walter has way more class than that. Murty has to live or die on his own merit and I don't think Walter's the type of guy who would disagree with that.

So aye, I doubt he's telling Murty who to pick or where to play them. Its probably more about how Murty handles himself in the position he's in.

4 hours ago, Thewhitesettler said:

BTW I wouldn't ask Walter who he thinks should be next manager. After all he still defends Ally, and refuses to admit it was a mistake letting Ally take control. He still blames outside influences for any/ all of Ally's horrendous mistakes.

... and Walter would be right! 

16 hours ago, superallysbears said:

Anyone think Sir Walter was behind the tactics or involved in someway with how the team played against the junkies the other night? 

Naw and any suggestion he was is an absolute load of shite!

The wishful thinking brigade really need to move on.

Jeff Holmes, I think thats his name, alluded to this inbetween the sheep games.

I don’t believe Walter picks the team but i could well believe that the diamond formation came from him, Murty deserves immense credit for his substitutes on Weds night, or maybe Walter text him telling him what to do? :unsure:

4 minutes ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

Jeff Holmes, I think thats his name, alluded to this inbetween the sheep games.

I don’t believe Walter picks the team but i could well believe that the diamond formation came from him, Murty deserves immense credit for his substitutes on Weds night, or maybe Walter text him telling him what to do? :unsure:

Walter and diamond formation? Absolute load of shite and funny.

Walter and substitues? Another absolute load of shite. I don't forget the blastings he took for his poor use pf subs.