Walter behind the scenes?

superallysbears

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be daft not to  listen to Walter at every given opportunity but dont think its any more formal or involved than that.

Very encouraging that Walters been down to Auchenhowe and given GM some support tbh, but its probably more a doting grandad giving his grand kids a treat few could offer, good that GM was happy to chat with him. who wouldn't be?

The notes seem to be coming from Steve Harvey who prepares all the video analysis of opponents, etc. He was in the main stand at Easter Road watching from up high to get a different view to GM/JJ and passing on observations. (So I think we can assume he did the same at previous games)

Don't doubt they talked at Auchenhowie when Walter was there with his grandkids but to suggest Walter is dictating strategy is at best imaginative, and not doing justice to Murty.  It is also without foundation, where are people getting this from ?  I mean facts,  not groundless speculation.

8 minutes ago, BlueboyG said:

FFS , Murty had a blether wae Walter for an hour and now Walters sending secret notes to the dugoot and we beat the sheep cause Walter told Murty how to play them, only in the Bears den :mutley:

It's a brass neck.

If Walter leaves his seat to go to the toilet at the match on Saturday RM will have him doing the half-time team talk wearing his tank top and back in his seat in time to sing TBB on resumption of play.

31 minutes ago, SJGF5 said:

The notes seem to be coming from Steve Harvey who prepares all the video analysis of opponents, etc. He was in the main stand at Easter Road watching from up high to get a different view to GM/JJ and passing on observations. (So I think we can assume he did the same at previous games)

That sounds a much more sensible explanation to the notes, it seems a bit far fetched that they were coming from our Walter.

It was good to hear that Murts had a chat with Walter, but I do think too much is being made of this. 

38 minutes ago, SJGF5 said:

Wee Stevie from IT.

A legend of the banter years..

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

No mate. 

Good managers are pre made and appear as good managers. Murty is learning and that's never going to work.

Agreed to an extent, I do believe that it is within you to manage teams, to organise and to think out tactics as games unfold, but everycunt has to learn their trade as they go. For Murty he’s been thrown in at the deep end at a club that doesn’t accept anything but 100% success, and that is as hard an introduction as you could ever imagine, but so far he’s doing ok and if he’s taking guidance from someone who’s been there and done it at our club then I applaud him for that. 

11 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Agreed to an extent, I do believe that it is within you to manage teams, to organise and to think out tactics as games unfold, but everycunt has to learn their trade as they go. For Murty he’s been thrown in at the deep end at a club that doesn’t accept anything but 100% success, and that is as hard an introduction as you could ever imagine, but so far he’s doing ok and if he’s taking guidance from someone who’s been there and done it at our club then I applaud him for that. 

I was taking the piss mate :lol:

The only thing that worries me about Murty is can he come down hard on players if need be? I think he might be too nice a guy

3 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Listening to WS is great, as Murty said he would be foolish not too.  However, implying some theory that Walter is somewhere behind a 'grassy knoll pulling the strings is insane.  

Aye, every cunt knows Kenny Miller picks the team.:whistle:

12 minutes ago, bornabear said:

A good way to get experience is to listen to an older and wiser professional.

In any walk of life 100%, regardless of what line of work you are in if the humble man who has done it all and some talks about it you listen, then fire the questions in and the answers should be well and truly taken on board.

Maybe Walter sees a bit of himself in Murty.