Ian durrant. Michael mols. Lesdey king jack Wilshire

mossblownblue

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Gman36 said:

Never really thought about it before but Thern was actually a shite signing. Goal against the scum the obvious exception to that of course. 

terrible injury which he never got over and had to retire from - a fit thern, gazza and laudrup would have been incredible together

3 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I think Brian Reid and Scott Nisbet had the potential to captain team GB at the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta if they never got injured and possibly win 20 million pound moves to Brondby and Oldham respectively 

Scott Nisbett was one of the worst players  I’ve seen play for us.

I honestly think he would struggle to get a game for us now.

As for Brian Reid the only game I can actually remember him playing was Anorthosis at home and he got hauled off at half time for being absolute mince.

4 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Mols wouldn’t have been a world class player.

He was 28/29 when he was injured and if he came back at the same level it’s arguable he would never have got in the Dutch team in front of van Nistelrooy, Kluivert, Bergkamp or Makaay.

Even Peter van Vossen was getting picked ahead of him pre and post injury.

He had a class quarter of a season for us but let’s not pretend he was doing it consistently at a high level for a few years before like Durrant was at European level before he got injured.

World class?  hmnm there's a subjective term eh.  anyone who doubted Mols ability to operate at the very highest level of world football need look no further than the game he sustained his injury. 

The guy led a "world class"  defence consisting of the mainstay of the German national side a merry dance all night and leaving them feel as though they'd just stepped out a washing machine. A fact acknowledged by the Bayern manager in after match press conference 

Mols was class all right,  world or otherwise. As fine a footballer as I've ever seen at Ibrox. 

5 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Mols wouldn’t have been a world class player.

He was 28/29 when he was injured and if he came back at the same level it’s arguable he would never have got in the Dutch team in front of van Nistelrooy, Kluivert, Bergkamp or Makaay.

Even Peter van Vossen was getting picked ahead of him pre and post injury.

He had a class quarter of a season for us but let’s not pretend he was doing it consistently at a high level for a few years before like Durrant was at European level before he got injured.

Disagree, I get the age thing but sheer talent and the stage on which we offered him to do it at that time would have been enough , had he not been injured in the Bayern game we would more than likely have went further in the competition we were unreal in that group ! He was by far most exciting player I’ve witnessed play for us in person. 

Mols was class for us but he was not in the top bracket of striker pre injury. He was nowhere near the top world class strikers of that time. At 29 he wouldn' have progressed much to be that. Still one of if not the best strikers we have had in terms of ability. 

Jack Wilshere has always been shite. 

4 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Mols was class for us but he was not in the top bracket of striker pre injury. He was nowhere near the top world class strikers of that time. At 29 he wouldn' have progressed much to be that. Still one of if not the best strikers we have had in terms of ability. 

Jack Wilshere has always been shite. 

:(