*****Official Hamilton Vs Rangers*****

41 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

True, I just don't like the diamond against teams who sit in. 

Same comment as above. We tried Candeias in the diamond though and it didn't work last time? 

Candeias & Murphy are 2 workhorses, I think we'd be alright - it's just tactical discipline isn't it? I wouldn't advocate shaping up this way against celtic or one of the better teams in the league but it's Hamilton on Sunday

mentioned to my old man yesterday i think Docherty could do that right-mid role and tuck in for a bit more protection

Dochertys a lot better central. Starred out wide yesterday and wasn't really impressed tbh. Was much better inside for most of second half.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, GT66 said:

Always think it looks strange when bookies have odds like 67/10, why not just make it 7/1?

Because 67/10 is a smaller payout. Might not seem like much of a difference but when millions of pounds are bet a day, these small changes make a big difference.

12 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

Because 67/10 is a smaller payout. Might not seem like much of a difference but when millions of pounds are bet a day, these small changes make a big difference.

I've no idea why you had to explain that, thought it was obvious. You are right though, It's not like it's just one bet, thousands of acca's etc will include that as a line on it. 

2 hours ago, TheKingObv said:

You will find the bigger markets i.e america, use these type of odds regularly, just shows how important points are in betting.

8 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Hamilton Vs Rangers.

Competition: Scottish Premiership.
Sunday 18.2.18 @ 14.15 hours. Available to watch on Sky Sports/Rangers TV.

Recent results:

Rangers W,L,W,W,W. Hamilton  L,L,L,L,W

Rangers have won 78% of matches against Hamilton. Last time we met (18.11.2017)  Hamilton won 2-0 at Ibrox (oh the shame!) With Templeton and Lyon scoring.

Last time we played them away (Sept 2017)  we won 4-1 with John (brace), Candeisas and Jack scoring.

Bookies odds: 

Hamilton win 67-10. Draw 15-4. Rangers win 1-2. 

Our highest score against them was 8-1 in 1953/4 season.

Dorrans scored, Jack was sent off.

55 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

You will find the bigger markets i.e america, use these type of odds regularly, just shows how important points are in betting.

A don't bet much mate, and if I do it will be larger stake, and odds around evens, so it just looked a bit strange.

Fair point made above about the accas possibly costing them loads if they went with 7/1 rather than 67/10, but surely if they even went 13/2 that 0.2% wouldn't really put people off. 

1 hour ago, GT66 said:

A don't bet much mate, and if I do it will be larger stake, and odds around evens, so it just looked a bit strange.

Fair point made above about the accas possibly costing them loads if they went with 7/1 rather than 67/10, but surely if they even went 13/2 that 0.2% wouldn't really put people off. 

The are just making their book with an acceptable level of profit margin whilst still competing with other bookmakers in the market.  It's just maths or probably algorithms these days.  It's not hard to convert  them back to a more familiar price +/- a bit. 

I think Murty will revert to the more natural 4-2-3-1 and his post match comments alluded to that by talking about how they were making the same runs.

Foderingham

Tavernier Bates Martin John

Docherty  Goss

Candeias   Windass   Murphy

Morelos or Cummings

The first goal is crucial against this level of side and can see the early stages being tight but a goal would open the game up and that would suit us.

On 2/12/2018 at 22:49, wully said:

I wish I lived further away from Hamilton so I could get absolutely smashed travelling to and from.

This is a bit off topic, but it could be your solution for travelling to and fro Hamilton, Wully.

Back in the 60's I worked with this mad cunt who lived in Carfin who never really went anywhere except work and the local pub. He was whinging about it one day and my Uncle suggested he go on a mystery tour and see a bit of the country. So he bungs the half bottle of whisky into the coat pocket and off he goes to Glasgow. He has a quick couple of pints and buys another half bottle and toodles off to the place where the bus leaves for this mystery tour.

Guess where the mystery tour went to???? Carfin fucking Grotto; 100 yards away from his house. :rofl: He certainly wasn't impressed.

So maybe you can go to New Douglas Park via Glesga and be pished by the time you get back :guiness: