Scottish Football

6 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Chris Cadden fucked over Motherwell didn’t he?

Oxford wanted him and would have had to pay cross border compensation so he joined Columbus Crew who then immediately loaned him out to Oxford :lol:

Fucking hell :lol:

On 19/07/2019 at 09:16, DBBTB said:

That Kilmarnock manager is going to be a disaster of an appointment for them IMO.

Surely after Clarke you want a bit of continuity and somebody in a similar mould?

So you mean a taig minded bitter cunt who dislikes Rangers.

Quite a few spring to mind actually.................

1 hour ago, Blueteeth said:

leg.thumb.jpg.4fe3832b0dc4de5a9025be758a4d20aa.jpg

I've played some football in my time, but I've never gotten my leg into that position when taking a pen :lol:

His leg looks like it’s been on the end of a horror tackle but the tackler has been photoshopped out :lol:

2 hours ago, tm91 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49104186

Not sure if this has been posted and didn't want to start my own thread about it. Queen's Park are apparently considering abandoning their amateur status which is worthy of some discussion from a historical perspective if nothing else. Scottish footballing history would be pretty different if they did this 120 years ago and playing the original Glasgow derby was probably one of the only good things about playing down the leagues. It'll be a shame if they have to go semi-pro I think. Would it be worth it if keeps the name of Queen's Park in the leagues or is it a waste of the only thing that keeps them special?

I'd like to see them keep their amateur status and just find their natural position in the leagues (unfortunately though they would probably end up much lower).

However I would give them a special honour for all their achievement in the early days of football. Probably a unique honour such as an automatic entry in to all Scottish top level competitions for ever, (FA cup and League cup), and maybe an exclusive guaranteed invite to an annual 4 team tournament  (season opener) at the Natiomal Stadium, maybe featuring reserve/youth teams from ourselves, cellic (unfortunately) and the team they played in both their English cup finals, Blackburn Rovers.

4 hours ago, tm91 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49104186

Not sure if this has been posted and didn't want to start my own thread about it. Queen's Park are apparently considering abandoning their amateur status which is worthy of some discussion from a historical perspective if nothing else. Scottish footballing history would be pretty different if they did this 120 years ago and playing the original Glasgow derby was probably one of the only good things about playing down the leagues. It'll be a shame if they have to go semi-pro I think. Would it be worth it if keeps the name of Queen's Park in the leagues or is it a waste of the only thing that keeps them special?

Plenty of local support, busy and dense area of Glasgow - with good transport and local infrastructure.  Lesser Hampden could be fitted up as a tight little ground - I think it will be good for them in the long run. They have to get over the amateur status, they lose far too many local players to the juniors - it's never going to be sustained now they can't play at Hampden.

On 26/07/2019 at 02:53, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Plenty of local support, busy and dense area of Glasgow - with good transport and local infrastructure.  Lesser Hampden could be fitted up as a tight little ground - I think it will be good for them in the long run. They have to get over the amateur status, they lose far too many local players to the juniors - it's never going to be sustained now they can't play at Hampden.

I took this in passing a while back wondering how they would accommodate a visit from us. Probably a stand behind the nearest goal because its a hill behind the other.

20190605_121437.jpg