King wants new investors on the board

37 minutes ago, GOAT said:

one owner can't own two clubs in the same competition i thought?  so that would rule that bullshit rumour out.

uefa states

Under UEFA rules, no “individual or entity” can have a “decisive influence” over the activities of more than one club in its tournaments.  however RB liepzig and RB salzburg both competed in europe this season so a precedent has been set so i cant see that being a problem

another quote from uefa

Despite that, UEFA, European soccer’s governing body, which runs the Champions League, confirmed on Tuesday that its investigation had found no reason to believe that its regulations on the integrity of the competition would be breached by both teams entering the Champions League. It concluded that a series of “significant and substantial” changes made by the clubs ensured that they fulfilled UEFA’s eligibility criteria.

Here's how the next 24-48 hours could pan out for us I think - completely polar opposite results in terms of good and bad for the look of our football club.

As I see it, either:

the two directors have made way for this 'major investment' and we can announce Gerrard and investment tomorrow = ideal world / happy days. Bit of excitement back.

OR

No investors yet found to replace or assurances to Gerrard today so he then politely declines and we look like asshats.

I really hope it isn't the latter.

8 hours ago, Siwel said:

It looks like Murray and Scott both left because of the massive differences in their vision for the club on the park compared to King and Park who were both adamant that Steven Gerrard is the guy to go with, While Murray wanted Murty for Manager up till the 3-2 game and after that was suggesting we go back for Mcinnes and Barry Scott wanted a safer option as manager and was really against the idea of having another overhaul in the summer and wanted to see if we could get more from the players we have.

More conjecture or actually based on fact?

3 hours ago, thebooler said:

I think it's plausible that Fenway would take us over. They'd have a successful, top European club in Liverpool, and another club in Europe every year from Scotland.

Players moving back and forth from club to club without problems over money, contracts, etc could be another huge benefit.

I think they'd need full control though, with King and his current incumbents gone.

I'd be happy with something like this.

Magnanimous idea...however, as others have pointed out, can't control two UK clubs...that was already stipulated with the whole Ashley dual control situation was it not? 

3 hours ago, RosscoRFC87 said:

Here's how the next 24-48 hours could pan out for us I think - completely polar opposite results in terms of good and bad for the look of our football club.

As I see it, either:

the two directors have made way for this 'major investment' and we can announce Gerrard and investment tomorrow = ideal world / happy days. Bit of excitement back.

OR

No investors yet found to replace or assurances to Gerrard today so he then politely declines and we look like asshats.

I really hope it isn't the latter.

OR

Is Gerrard about to become a Director a la Souness style?!

A place on the the board even Chairman if this fifty mil is to believed and fucking why not, as I wouldn't let any cunt play with it bar me!